Tell me about Portofino Bay!

lorivegas

Mouseketeer
I usually stay at HRH, but couldn't get in for this coming weekend, so booked PB... bay view... what kind of room is this? (Duh! I know it is a view of the "bay"... HAHA!!), but how ARE the rooms, any certain one/area of hotel I should ask for?? I know everyone always LOVES PB, but darn it, I can't get over my love affair with Hard Rock Hotel!! :eek: :D

We prefer the west wing because it's closest to the boat dock. The beds are great! Very comfortable with feather comforters + pillows and soft sheets. The bathroom is very large with tile and marble, deep tub and plenty of big, soft, fluffy towels. There's even a phone by the toilet:p and speakers so you can hear the tv while you're in there!

I hope Mama Della's is open while you're there. They have great Italian food.

have a great time!

I love PBH! You'll love it too. The rooms are similar to HRH but the bathroom is much bigger especially in the villa rooms. We also prefer the West wing. It's much quieter then HRH & usually there are more food choices. The only *bad* thing is it's further from the parks. You also have a choice of three pools (well, one is closed right now).
Now I have the opposite problem, my next three stays are at HRH, you just can't beat the $99.00 price tag!

The Hillside pool was closed when we were there in September. I think it is still closed. It is located behind the East wing rooms.

Deluxe Bay and Pool View Rooms
From these rooms, you can immerse yourself in the surrounding European charm simply by looking out your window. Some views overlook the piazza and Portofino’s scenic harbor full of old-world fishing boats. Other rooms provide a panoramic view of the dramatic Roman-styled aqueduct Beach Pool with Universal Orlando™ as the backdrop.

302 rooms with bay view, 244 rooms with pool view

Deluxe Rooms:
Rooms with a king-size or two queen-size beds
Entry door with electronic lock and security device
Integrated entertainment center including remote control color TV with cable channels, in-house video channels, on-demand movies and video checkout services
Alarm clock/radio
Two phones with two lines, data port at bedside and desk, and one bathroom phone
Iron and ironing board
Seating for in-room dining
Bath and dressing area with two sinks
In-room safe
Hair dryer

I also like the West wing location best!

We so loved the PBH last time, the rooms are just wonderful (even if I had to take a flying leap to actually be able to make it into my bed LOL)

The bathroom I think is definitely the best part, but overall the place is just luxurious. Makes for a good restful spot after a full day at the parks!

Originally posted by nadine cordova
CPM,
Which pool is closed? We leave on the 16th, hope it's not the Beach Pool!!!
:(

The Hillside Pool, frankly all the times that I'vd stayed there I have never seen anyone at it any way!!

We love the Portofino. Actually, we just got back last night from our 6th stay there. It's great staying there with the kids (preferably in a Kids Suite), but my husband and I also like going by ourselves. We just enjoy the hotel as a stand-alone resort. He doesn't even go into the parks.

Our favorite thing to do is to rent a cabana at the Villa Pool. It is very quiet and relaxing, elegant and adult. The cabana rental includes a nice bowl of fresh fruit, sodas in your cabana's mini-fridge, ice, and pool floats. Some cabanas have a TV.

All in all, the hotel is really hitting its stride. The property has always looked like a Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton, and now the service matches that expectation. Every time we've gone there has been a nice surprise improvement. I loved having the Sunday NY Times outside my door when I woke up!

My favorite part of the Portofino? The sheets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter