• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell Me About ROL

aliceinvunderland

Mouseketeer
We will be hopping to AK after an EMM morning at HS. I haven’t been to AK in several years, so I basically know nothing about ROL. Do I need to get a FPP for it, or can I wait standby on a CL 2 day? (I don’t want to wait for a super long time, or book a dining package.) Does a FPP get us better seating, or just general admission to the seating area? Any info you can give us much appreciated!

You don't need a FP. However you might easily be able to get it as a 4th FP same day

The arena is rounded so all seats are good. I think the FP area has the most centered section, but not by much.

They open up all areas to start being filled usually about 60 min prior to showtime. Earlier you get there, more selection you have with your seats.

You don't need a FP. However you might easily be able to get it as a 4th FP same day

The arena is rounded so all seats are good. I think the FP area has the most centered section, but not by much.

They open up all areas to start being filled usually about 60 min prior to showtime. Earlier you get there, more selection you have with your seats.

Does it usually fill up? I don't particularly care about my view, but I'd prefer to maximize my time in the rest of the park and arrive just prior to showtime.

Does it usually fill up? I don't particularly care about my view, but I'd prefer to maximize my time in the rest of the park and arrive just prior to showtime.

If there's two showings then you'll want to go to the second showing. If there's only one showing then it usually fills and if you don't care about your seats then the latest I'd get there is about 15 min prior. People will start entering as soon as they open up the arena

We just went three weeks ago with a party of 10 and we didn't have a dining package or fastpasses and we got in with no problem. I can't imagine there are any bad seats. It was a nice show - very pretty. One thing to know is that the Fastpass entrance to ROL is in a different land than the stand-by entrance. Someone pointed us to an entrance and it ended up being the fastpass entrance - it was a long walk back to the stand-by entrance. I hope that helps.

If there's two showings then you'll want to go to the second showing. If there's only one showing then it usually fills and if you don't care about your seats then the latest I'd get there is about 15 min prior. People will start entering as soon as they open up the arena

Thank you. We're heading down in early November (Jersey week), and nothing's posted on the schedule for AK yet. I'm going to assume a single showing, but we'll see.

We just went three weeks ago with a party of 10 and we didn't have a dining package or fastpasses and we got in with no problem. I can't imagine there are any bad seats. It was a nice show - very pretty. One thing to know is that the Fastpass entrance to ROL is in a different land than the stand-by entrance. Someone pointed us to an entrance and it ended up being the fastpass entrance - it was a long walk back to the stand-by entrance. I hope that helps.
How early did you line up?

How early did you line up?

We just walked on - the line did weave a lot but not that we were waiting for people in front of us - we just walked in. We got there about 8:25pm for a 8:45pm start and we were a party of 10 and had no problem getting seats. The fastpass entrance is in Asia near Everest where we were but the stand-by entrance is in Dinoland. Unless you can get a 4th fastpass - I would not fastpass this show. I hope that helps.

Robo do you have a map showing both entrances??

The fastpass entrance to ROL is near Everest - where the Stand-by entrance is in Dinoland way past Finding Nemo. For some reason they had earlier entrances blocked off with CMs waving you to keep walking. I guess they were preparing for a big line which there wasn't and we were there mid August.

I walked in at 8.30 last night and got almost a front row seat, but crowds were pretty low at the parks overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter