• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about the slides

snoodledoo

Loves Jiminy Cricket
How many slides are there at Aulani? Do you use a tube/sled/whatever you call it? What is the scary-factor (speed, height, visibility) for those of us who may or may not be afraid of water slides?

There are two. The “dark slide” as my kids call it is a single person slide without tubes - just your body. You get deposited into a deep plunge pool attached to the biggest swimming pool.

The other is more “gentle” and deposits you into a section of the lazy river. This one can be either ridden as a single rider or a duo and is done with inflatable tubes.

Our kids have been doing the slides on their own since they were 6, 4 and 2 so in my opinion they aren’t overly scary however my husband and I do laugh at all the screaming emanating from the dark slide when a person tries it out for the first time.

Since our kids do them over and over, my husband and I sit right near the drop zone at Off The Hook and enjoy a drink whilst people watching and listening for our kids coming down. The thing I adore about Aulani is that there are lifeguards stationed every 2-3 metres around the pool / lazy perimeters with more right at the foot of both slides.

Last edited:
One thing we discovered - my daughter, who is 3, was not big enough to ride in a tube, and they wouldn’t let me hold her in my lap. Anyone, of any age, can go down the dark slide, but she was not interested!

There are some really fun slides for little kids at the Menehune playground. Parents can accompany their kids to the top but the kids have to go down by themselves. My daughter loved those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter