• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temperature inside attractions

Before blaming budget cuts or Shanghai, it might be worth noting that last month was extremely hot. Check out this article from the Orlando Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-orlando-record-hot-july-20160803-story.html

If you don't want to read the article, here are the highlights:
  • July 2016 was the warmest July ever.
  • July 2016 was the second-hottest month of all months since 1892.
  • Orlando only got half the normal rain of 7.3 inches.

Before blaming budget cuts or Shanghai, it might be worth noting that last month was extremely hot. Check out this article from the Orlando Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-orlando-record-hot-july-20160803-story.html

When used, air conditioning works even when it's warm out.

But I'm at the parks right now, and highs were only in the 80s at the beginning of my trip.

Anyways, at MK tonight temps have been perfect to cool... maybe they read my post ;)

I always find the opposite! I always bring a hoodie or a sweater with me to the parks because it is always freezing in the queues, on rides and in the shops. I'll feel the relief from the heat for a minute and then have to throw on my hoodie.

When used, air conditioning works even when it's warm out.

I merely pointed out an alternative explanation as to why HVAC systems might be struggling. Please note that I provided a source to back up my opinion. Although Disney did acknowledge that some budget cuts have be instituted, I do not believe they provided details. As other folks noted, it doesn't make sense to skimp on air conditioning because doing that potentially cuts into retail profits.

Based on that and the fact that July was the hottest month in the past 124 years, I stand by my conclusion that this has nothing to do with Shanghai or budget cuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter