Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

What about members of your party each being logged into their own account trying to get a boarding group for the party? Like should my wife and I both try on our respective accounts, or just have 1 of us try?
If you're both attached together on each of your accounts then I would have both try. If you're only linked together on one account then have both phones logged into that account.

Thanks to everyone's suggestions, we were able to get BG 6 on Mon., June 19. In addition to everything everyone has suggested, what helped us the most is:
1.) at 6:50 a.m. we went outside and walked around until our phones had 4-5 bars of data. The data speed-checks for Wifi vs. Data we did inside (AoA, Cars, Bldg. 2) were inconsistent, but when we walked outside, our data bars were consistently full.
2.) Instead of swiping down to refresh the Join screen, we clicked on the golden Theater icon. For all four two of our phones (we had two iPhones and two Android phones; Android was the winner), clicking on the icon was significantly faster at refreshing the screen than swiping.
*EDIT: Clicking the golden theater to refresh the screen only works on Android phones. If you have an iPhone, you need to drag down to refresh.

Btw, all of our names were pre-selected and location was turned off. We were each logged on to our separate MDE accounts (all linked as Family & Friends). We were given from park opening until 9:40 a.m. to ride.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone's suggestions, we were able to get BG 6 on Mon., June 22. In addition to everything everyone has suggested, what helped us the most is:
1.) at 6:50 a.m. we went outside and walked around until our phones had 4-5 bars of data. The data speed-checks for Wifi vs. Data we did inside (AoA, Cars, Bldg. 2) were inconsistent, but when we walked outside, our data bars were consistently full.
2.) Instead of swiping down to refresh the Join screen, we clicked on the golden Theater icon. For all four of our phones (two iPhones, two Android phones; Android was the winner), clicking on the icon was significantly faster at refreshing the screen than swiping.

Btw, all of our names were pre-selected and location was turned off. We were each logged on to our separate MDE accounts (all linked as Family & Friends). We were given from park opening until 9:40 a.m. to ride.
*Mon., June 19

Instead of swiping down to refresh the Join screen, we clicked on the golden Theater icon.

So that's interesting. Pressing the Hollywood Studios golden icon, above the blue line, refreshes the page?

I'm trying it right now from home (10am ET) and it doesn't look or feel like that does anything, but maybe it acts differently at BG time?

Today was my one and only shot to get a BG since we came for the day from Jacksonville. I was up and ready to go at 7:00, got BG 19!! Once we got the BG we had to bust it to Hollywood Studios to get there in time. It was a little scary waiting in traffic and the parking line but we made it with 10 minutes to spare. Ride was worth all the hassle.
You can show up any time after your boarding group has been called. I've arrived many hours after my group was called several times. They just give you the one hour window to try and manage the queue, but their scanners admit you even if you're well past the hour.

So that's interesting. Pressing the Hollywood Studios golden icon, above the blue line, refreshes the page?

I'm trying it right now from home (10am ET) and it doesn't look or feel like that does anything, but maybe it acts differently at BG time?

View attachment 591304

When I click on it the screen refreshes and gives me the new refreshed time.

View attachment 591304
Yep -- it worked practicing the week before, the day of, and just now : )

I have a suspicion that pressing the golden icon doesn't do anything in the iPhone version of the app, but does do something in the Android version.
You are CORRECT! I just asked my boys and they said they said they had to click AND drag. In other words, clicking the icon did not work for them, they had to drag it too. Thanks boys, geesh. I apologize for the confusion. I'll edit my post to clarify!

Yep -- it worked practicing the week before, the day of, and just now : )
My apologies jcarwash -- clicking on the icon only works if you have an Android phone. My boys with iPhones said clicking worked for them, but I just tried it on their phones and it did not work. Only dragging worked to refresh. I edited my original post to clarify!

Thanks to everyone's suggestions, we were able to get BG 6 on Mon., June 19. In addition to everything everyone has suggested, what helped us the most is:
2.) Instead of swiping down to refresh the Join screen, we clicked on the golden Theater icon. For all four two of our phones (we had two iPhones and two Android phones; Android was the winner), clicking on the icon was significantly faster at refreshing the screen than swiping.
*EDIT: Clicking the golden theater to refresh the screen only works on Android phones. If you have an iPhone, you need to drag down to refresh.

Im staying at Cars in September, what was a good spot for your cell coverage?

Im staying at Cars in September, what was a good spot for your cell coverage?
Our room was in Bldg. 2, near the rear parking lot next to Hourglass Lake. I don't think that location, specifically, matters as much as just being outside of the buildings away from everyone else trying for boarding groups at the same time.

Click the join button below right when your phone time changes to 7 or 1

View attachment 590771

The next screen should have the next join button to click. It'll be where the pink icon is. If it's not there you'll have to refresh.

View attachment 590773

Clarification on these screens: If I select Join on the AT-AT screen it goes to the second screen with the DHS golden symbol at the top, correct. However, you say that if we get the pink icon rather than join that means we need to refresh this second screen. My question is should we just get to this second screen BEFORE 7 and then refresh at 7. Or do we really need to click join on the AT-AT screen at 7?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter