Tennis Shoe Question

DisneyRoys

<font color=9966FF>Would like an introduction to M
I know this has come up before and I would do a search but it's down so .......

What do ya'll suggest as the most comfortable tennis shoes to wear to Disney? I need something that has good arch support. TIA!

We are leaving Saturday and bought new shoes just before Christmas. We talked with the salesperson at the shoe store and asked what the best walking shoes for Disney would be. She recomanded NEW BALANCE. We bought a pair for each of us including DS. We bought the lowest price shoe in the line but it had all of the same features as the higher price range shoe, just a different style. We have been wearing them everywhere to get them wore in and we all love them. DS, who kicks off shoes as soon as he walks in the door, leaves these on all day. Three pairs were like 150.00.We can't wait till give them the real test in four days!!

Jordan's mom

I love Easy Spirits. They have newer ones that look like regular tennis shoes, and they're so comfortable. They're incredibly light with great arch supports.

A vote for New Balance. I wear them at work and at WDW. I am on my feet walking and standing 6-10 hrs a night at work. I wore an old beat up looking pair to WDW and I never had any problems with foot pain. I am sure that most of it can be attributed to the amount of standing I do anyway but the shoes have never let me down.

When we went to WDW last February (our first ever trip), I was in the midst of treatment for a very painful foot condition (plantar faciaitis). I got a pair of New Balance #841's, along with an orthotic-like insert. Made it all day for 5 solid days with only minor discomfort.

The New Balance shoes, along with Thorlo socks, saved me and our vacation. And I still wear them all the time!

For women - gotta be Easy Spirit. They have several new styles out right now. I bought a pair for our first Disney trip 3 years ago. Since that time I have bought several other brands of tennis shoes, but they would always be abandoned and I would go back to the Easy Spirits. My son said they looked like a homeless person. Penney's had the Easy Spirits on sales last weekend and I went and bought two different styles. I'm wearing them every day to have them broken in before our next trip - 48 days!:)

My vote would have to go for New Balance. I have a pair that I LOVE! Also - tip - get ones that are meant for running. They have MUCH more support than the average walking shoe.

Also - I wear sandals a lot - even when it's cooler. I have Nike running sandals as well that are GREAT Disney footwear. Especially for the Splash Mountain days!

My husband and I both bought New Balance. The Just For Feet in our area was having a buy one get one half off sale so we decided to take adavantage of that. Another Just For Feet in our area is going out of business and they had the Thorlos socks at 75% off so we each picked up a few pair. I guess we were having good feet karma!! We saved alot of money and got shoes that we love!! Thank you for all of your suggestions. They really helped in our decision making. :)

Count my vote for New Balance!;) I just bought a pair in Dec. and I LOVE them! Did away with my Easy Spirits! Only cost me 42.50!

DH, DSs, and I ALL bought New Balance last spring, a month before our Disney trip and we ALL had very happy feet during our trip!!! No blisters, callouses, or sore feet at all.

Also, try and get good comfortable socks too! A good tip I learned last year before our trip was to change your socks if/when you go back to your room during the day. A dry foot is a happy foot! :D

Don't forget to spray your feet with Deoderant, keeps them dryer!;)

Our whole family loved our New Balance on this trip.However like the above poster said, break them in well. The arch support on these was so much better that the nikes I was wearing that my arches were sore untill I got used to them. Luckly I did this before Disney!

Jordan's mom

Hi:

I had to get orthodics for my shoes (as I broke my foot in 2 places two years ago, and it sill aches), the shoe store recommended the new balance for their superior support and certain styles help propel the foot foward. I love them.

Deb.

I am a life-long Nike fan who also suffers from plantar faciaitis. Up until recently I swore by Nike, but about 4-5 months ago I bought a new pair and they are still bothering my feet. After reading the rave reviews of the New Balance sneakers here on the DIS I went out and bought a pair New Balance 572 walking sneakers and I am VERY happy with them. I did not have to break them in, they were comfortable since day one and the support is phenominal. I used to wear Spenco inserts for extra support in my Nike's, since buying the New Balance I have not worn my inserts once.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I work at a mens shoe department in Nordstroms and just have to say i would go with new balance lots of support and doctor reccomended BUT remeber everyone has different feet there not all the same so what works for me may stink for you. New balance 991 are the best new balance from what customers tell me and from trying it on the arch support is terrific, because its a running sneaker lots of support. good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter