Test Track Rope Drop Strategy

How should I rope drop Test Track

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmiemac02

Earning My Ears
I'm not sure what the best option for rope dropping Test Track is, so I decided to ask the experts!

Option A) Drive your own vehicle and try to get to the EPCOT toll booths when they start letting people line up. Then rope drop Test Track from the main entrance.

Option B) Get dropped off at somewhere around the Boardwalk and rope drop Test Track from International Gateway.

I'm leaning toward option B since I can't seem to find a set time they let people start lining up at the toll booths. What do you all think?

Drop off at Swan/Dolphin to avoid security shacks at the Disney resorts. I would be sure to be at the IG at least an hour before the scheduled opening. This way you can control being at the tapstiles early enough. Driving your own car you may be behind walkers to the IG and even buses from the resorts.

Last month we came through International Gateway and were done riding Test Track 3 minutes after the park officially opened (they started letting people into the park 35 minutes before opening time).

We haven’t been there in pandemic times yet, but it seems like walkers typically have the advantage over people waiting to get into parking lot (if you are early rope droppers).

Go through IG and depending when your trip is you may be able to walk on. It has nor been that crowded except during holiday breaks like this week.

If you are staying somewhere that has a bus to Hollyweird, and Epcot is still opening later, you can bus to Hollyweird, then walk or boat to the IG. If you have no bus option, then I'd choose the drop off+ IG.

I was curious about which entrance was easier for test track, also. We're on property so we could get to either entrance using Disney transportation. How is the walk from the International Gateway to Test Track vs the main entrance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter