"Thank You Military"

happymommy

DIS Veteran
I will call later today, but chatted online with Disney regarding looking into our trip next month. I told the guy that we had AAA and my DH is military.

He said they had a promotion for military through Dec. 24th called "Thank you Military", and I needed to call about it. I can't find anything on their website about this at all. Has anyone heard of this?

Otherwise, we can get $200 off a 1BR BWV for 4 of our nights, with the fall promotion. That would be fine, but I still have to call, as the first two nights are regular rate (which is value season, so it's really the same price, $435/night).

I just told him I was trying to save money somehow, as this was a kind of last minute trip. Usually I plan way in advance, but a trip before Christmas sounded so nice. And now DH is joining me and the kids for the last 4 nights! It was going to be just me and the kids, so we had the Swan booked on points, now I want to save the points and we can possibly get a villa! I don't want to have all 4 of us in one room, and $435 a night is still less than two rooms at a deluxe. We love the 1BR villas and love the Boardwalk - can't wait to meet up with a fellow Dis'er!

Just wondering if anyone else has been told about "Thank You Military"? DH is reserves, so it may only be for active duty with orders. Shades of Green is booked, and I doubt they have much in overflow this late in the game. We've gotten great overflow from them before - $195 at GF and $109 at the Beach Club in the past.

Another bump. DH & I are both veterans and heading to WDW in a few weeks. Would love to know more about this promotion!

Im pretty sure its just a room only discount for anyone with an active military ID. Disney has done this 3-4 other times this year although it wasnt called "thank you military"

I just spent two hours on the phone with a cast member.

The military discount (Thank You Military) is a room only, better slightly than the general public one. Code is FZJ. She told me just you have to show your military ID, no mention of active duty, as I was about to book it, and she said the dependant card was fine.

I got a rate of $2200 for 6 nights in a 1br villa at SSR with the code, rack rate is $3427 or so. But, then I asked about the Visa dining code.

Instead, we're paying $2994, still much less than rack, getting one day tickets and dining for basically 3 adults and one child (DS is 11, so adult price). It's basically costing us $400 more for 6 nights of the dining plan, over what we would have spent with the military code discount. We would definitely spend more than that on food, and I got a reservation for Hoop De Doo! Wanted to take the kids to that for a while now! That meal alone would be almost $200. Plus, DH isn't joining us until day 3, so we need to use up those dining credits (I know Hoop De Doo is 2 credits).

For us, it's looking like this package is a better deal, but the military discount is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter