Thank you to MK Mickey's not so scary halloween party staff and a question

Alysa

DIS Veteran
In October I sent an email to Disney's Magic Kingdom thanking the managers and emergency staff for helping us during the Halloween Party when my daughter became ill from a nut allergy. I resent the letter recently and received two letters saying we value your comments and will be in touch but nothing further. I had some questions about the upcoming party but Disney never responded. I am just wondering if perhaps they are ignoring me because of our accident there? Does anyone know if there is someone I could contact directly?

I do want to say if you are out there though - from the mum of Toby and Evelyn, thank you from the bottom of our hears for all your help on what was a very upsetting and stressful evening. You got us emergency help quickly, you entertained our son while we spent time with the paramedics, you replaced all his candy and you took us back to SSR - just thinking about it make me want to cry. I can't remember your names but if you remember us - thank you!!

Alysa, I saw your post and was wondering what your questions were specifically; were you concerned about an upcoming party or about your next visit to Walt Disney World in general. Depending which area you are concerned with I may be able to help you get in contact with the correct people.

Have a magical day!!!

ibaw - that is so kind of you to offer to help - thank you!

I actually received a call a little while ago from a manager in a claims department. She couldn't really understand that I wasn't trying to get compensation from Disney for anything. I kept telling her that all I wanted to know was if there was someone I could talk to about this coming year's party. We wanted to try again but we can't go the way it is now and were hoping to discuss with a senior staff member the idea of not handing out nut treats at Halloween this year. There were so many treats being handed out that night that we saw m&m's just spilled on the ground everywhere. My daughter didn't eat any of her treats, I think she must of suffered a contact allergy by touching some on a ride or something. The manager said that that would not be fair to other guests who like nuts and that there were not enough children with nut allergies at Disney to warrant a move like that. I said that if I could save one parent the evening I had had that that would be my goal and that I thought that even one death at Disney was too many. At that, she said she would get someone more senior to call me about it but I never heard back.

I didn't want to post an unhappy ending on the Just Say Thanks board because I know that my daughter's allergy is not Disney's fault. Disney is amazing in every other regard about taking care of little guests with allergies. I just wanted to 1. Try and make it better for others and 2. Try to have a do-over night instead of the memory I have now which ended our trip badly. If you know of any senior staff I could talk to about this who has the power to make these sort of decisions, that would be wonderful. Again, my thanks and if it turns out that this Halloween could be a nut free treat night, we'd book in a minute – cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter