Thanks for your advice!

TAEMom

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to thank all the contributors here for sharing all of your wonderful advice and experience over the last few months. I never officially subscribed before today, but read the board all the time to gather information for our trip to DL. We just returned from CA this morning, after being at DL from Wed.7/13 - Fri. 7/15. I was actually a little worried that DL would seem like a letdown after our prior visits WDW, and kept trying to downplay it for the kids, but ultimately, we had an amazing time!

Thanks to this board, we (myself, DH and 3 kids) had balcony seats for Fantasmic! on THursday, had Disney view and quiet rooms at HoJo's, and used RideMax and rode everything we wanted to ride (sometimes twice) without EVER waiting in line. WIthout this board, I would never have known about any of those things.

I know people have been complaining of the crowds, but in all honesty, we didn't think it was that bad. While there, we even wondered if maybe the crowds weren't as bad as anticipated. We used the "go early and get out at midday" strategy, so maybe that's why. The weather was perfect to us as well and it never seemed too terribly hot (at least not for long), despite the fact that the forecasters were talking about a "heatwave" in CA. I needed a sweater until midmorning, and then again after dinner - you don't get that in FL!

Anyway, thanks so much for all of your guidance!

:) Jill

Welcome to the DIS ! I'm also learning so much in this forum for our first trip in 16 years back to DL next year - we do WDW every year (on a good year more than once :teeth: ) - but when entering 'new' territory everyone's advice and tips here on the DIS makes all the difference in the world to us ! :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter