Thanksgiving - too late?????

rombar

Mouseketeer
So I just made airline reservations for Thanksgiving - does anyone think I'll be able to call tomorrow morning and still get reservations at a DVC resort? If not, I guess I'm prepared to pay and stay somewhere else. What do you all think? By the way, it is crowded over the Thanksgiving holiday in Disney?

Traditionally, Thanksgiving is busy. This year, who knows? The DVC resorts don't seem to be seeing a big drop off so it may be trickier to get a room. But, the thing with DVC is that you never know until you try. You may be pleasantly surprised. :)

There's no harm in trying. I would call asap and see what is available.and go on the wait list if possible. I would not expect a specific resort though!

I just canceledf a studio for thanksgiving week - my friends were afraid to go - so maybe other people will be too and you will get one.

I called this morning and got a studio at Old Key West for the 21st of November, had to go cash for the 22nd (Thanksgiving) for a one-bedroom, and could use points for the 23, 24 and 25. I went on the waiting list for the one-bedroom for the 21 and 22 (with points). Not too bad - I do have to pay $330 for the 22nd if the list doesn't come through though.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got good tix too! We got round trips for $126 each from MPLS to ORLANDO for January. That is the best we have ever done going down there!

yeh, but that wasn't Thanksgiving, that was January. I bought our TDay tix a while ago and ouch! I am waiting for SWA to open up January, I'm hoping for $120 r/t. Hoping I said :)

Regarding the airline tickets - we are flying out of Newark, NJ. We got $279.50 roundtrip which isn't such a bargain considering the times - but normally you can't get anything for less than $700 at this point for the Thanksgiving weekend, so we are excited to be able to go. We also purchased annual passes in May so we can reuse those again.

Rombar -- Just for fun, you might want to see what kind of price CRO could give you for the 22nd. It might beat the $330.

We always go to WDW right after Thanksgiving, and have never had a problem with crowds or reservations. I needed an extra nite since our BWV res does not start until Sunday, and was able to get a very reasonable rate at Dixie Landings. I am actually hoping for lighter crowds on our trip this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter