Thanksgiving week 2003- busy or what?

soreadytogo

Earning My Ears
Was WDW busy Thanksgiving week. This was our first trip we thougt it was busy , just wondered what you veterans thought. I'm scared to recommend this week. So many people have asked?Thanks for your help in advance.

We have been there this week for four years and this year was by far the busiest!!

We were there and it was busier than when we've gone in June. Planned on crowds but they got their earlier than expected and didn't expect them to be worse than June. Still had a great time though :)

Glad that you agreed. We found that Epcot had a low crowd 11/22/03,walked on most rides. And then the rest of the "slow part of the week" (through wednesday) OMG!!!. Thank God for FP.

We will probably try to go another "slow time" the next trip.

I agree! I had prepared myself for bad crowds. This was our first time going during a holiday. NEVER AGAIN! We didnt get to enjoy the atmosphere or see any characters because we were too busy trying to beat the crowds.

We were there that week as well and everyone keeps asking me if the crowds were bad!!!! I have no clue!!! I haven't been in over 20 years!! The crowds could be normal WDW.

We had young children so went early and left after lunch. Sometime went back after nap time.

We thought it was about what we were expecting. We were there from Thanksgving day to 12/6. We hit Epcot on the Sunday after, and didn't think crowds were too bad. MK on Monday seemed like everyone had the same idea. Tues. through Fri. of the following week was pretty light. The worst crowd we encountered was at Chef Mickey's on the Sat. after Thanksgiving - we had a 30 minute wait just to check in for our PS. People kept walking up thinking we were all in the standby line. The CM's told us that was as bad as they've seen it. We also had to give up at DTD on Friday and Saturday and went back later in the week to buy some stuff.

This was our third Thanksgiving and by far the most crowded. We've never had a problem with crowds during this week before. We played the crowd game with the parks and did everything we wanted though. We used EE and then hopped to another park after a couple of hours. Saw a whole bunch of characters- more than our last trip actually. So it was crowded, but do-able. You just have to arrange your schedule according to the crowds. We actually skipped a PS because we changed our schedule and didn't go to that park that day!
We can't decide when to go next year now though- don't know if I want to try the first week in Oct. (food and wine fest. has been extended to this time) or Thanksgiving.

We were at Chef Mickey's also on the Saturday after Thanksgiving too. I thought we were going to miss our priority seating because the line was so long to check in; however, it only took us about ten minutes to reach the hostess. We did have about a 35 minute wait time to be seated. Out PS was for 7pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter