"That" code (67) and National Car Rental: Success?

Like I said - NO CODE :)

I just gave it a shot with no code like a PP said, and I got this awsome price :cheer2:

Er, sorry. Thx.

I have tried National, our preferred rental co, twice a day for two weeks ... code, no code and haven't seen under $175 including all fees for full-size/10 days. :confused3 Thank goodness, the public codes are now much better than THE codes so it's no longer an issue for me whether I want to chance using it or not.

My quote from National today was $748.44 for a minivan for a week.

??

Is that because I am from Canada?

Er, sorry. Thx.

I have tried National, our preferred rental co, twice a day for two weeks ... code, no code and haven't seen under $175 including all fees for full-size/10 days. :confused3 Thank goodness, the public codes are now much better than THE codes so it's no longer an issue for me whether I want to chance using it or not.

I am SO SORRY!!

You must've quoted me as I was editting. I accidentally wrote FULL and meant MID. I feel bad:guilty: I editted it right away, but not fast enough ;)

I know this is not as good as some of the others, but my first ressie (in April with the Visa code) was $375, so this is $200 more Mickey Money as far as I am concerned!! :banana:

Have a great trip!!

Oh - and I agree with you. At this point, if it was to save $25 or so, it is not worth is, but over $100, I did take my chance!! I am glad we no longer need to consider it as well. :woohoo:

Amy

No worries. I wish we could squeeze into a mid-size!

I am SO SORRY!!

You must've quoted me as I was editting. I accidentally wrote FULL and meant MID. I feel bad:guilty: I editted it right away, but not fast enough ;)

I know this is not as good as some of the others, but my first ressie (in April with the Visa code) was $375, so this is $200 more Mickey Money as far as I am concerned!! :banana:

Have a great trip!!

Oh - and I agree with you. At this point, if it was to save $25 or so, it is not worth is, but over $100, I did take my chance!! I am glad we no longer need to consider it as well. :woohoo:

Amy

My quote from National today was $748.44 for a minivan for a week.

??

Is that because I am from Canada?

I am from Canada too, so that cannot be it. I just checked, a mini van for 12 days is $273 for me.

I am guessing here (maybe others may be able to help), but I am less than 2 weeks away, maybe I am considered more "last minute" than you and therefore a better deal pops up??? :confused: I really do not know. I know that in April, May, June, etc without a code, I got nothing for less that $500. This was the first time I tried recently and I got lucky. Maybe just keep trying?:confused3

Have a great trip!!

Amy

I didn't enter my Emerald Club number....perhaps that is it? Our trip is on Sept 17-27 (20-27 I need the car for)....

... I just checked, a mini van for 12 days is $273 for me. ... I am less than 2 weeks away, maybe I am considered more "last minute" than you and therefore a better deal pops up??? ...

I think you may be right. I just tried a 17-day ressie for Nov 18 - Dec 5, and while they did lower the price on mid and full sized cars, none of the various discounts (e.g. Wal-Mart 20%) lowered the prices of Mini SUV, Standard SUV nor Mini-Van.

The Mini-Van price for these 17 days comes in at a hefty $973.78 base price ($1,184.46 with the taxes) . So while you are getting a mini-van for $22.75 a day, what they are quoting me comes to $57.29 a day!

We are 3 weeks away from our trip today....finally the cost of the minivan went down. At Alamo with the Walmart code and the $25 coupon I can get a Uplander for $215 for 10 days (all taxes in) At National the best price is with AAA/CAA code and the $35 coupon for $223 (Uplander 10 days as well)
Yesterday everything was still over 4-$500 at these two places so keep checking!

We just returned last night. We had TWO minivans reserved using the '57 code. We had no problems at all. Both my daughter and us used Emerald Reserve. We had a 10 day minivan rental for $221 total.

Wes, you are traveling during the US Thanksgiving holiday---that's a very popular time, and cars are in demand. Keep checking, but you may not get a super-low deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter