That "once in a lifetime" trip! :D

omg!

i'm generally not all that impressed by photos of other people's kids, but abi is just gorgeous!

my daughter's 11 now, but i'm getting flashbacks to when she was a similar age and we took her to DLP for the first time.

you'll love this trip marc - it'll be magic. :)

omg!

i'm generally not all that impressed by photos of other people's kids, but abi is just gorgeous!

my daughter's 11 now, but i'm getting flashbacks to when she was a similar age and we took her to DLP for the first time.

you'll love this trip marc - it'll be magic. :)

Aww, thanks.. :goodvibes

She is absolutely adorable...soo cute!! ;)

I've just been getting some prices on the DLRP website for the different hotels.

As you know I was originally hoping to go for the DLH, however I've given it a lot of thought and have just about decided that we're not really going to get much benefit from the additional cost as we really will just be using the hotel to crash in at night - all day every day will be spent making the most of the parks, so why pay over £1600 just for bed space?

I actually quite like the look of the Cheyenne, as whilst it is a lot more basic than DLH it is still fantastically themed (I'd guess it's probably the best themed of the cheaper hotels?). I've just done a quote online using the 1 night free offer (combined with Abi free as under 12) and it comes in at £682 for a 5 night/6 day stay!! :thumbsup2

If I was to go with this, it would leave me with a few hundred pounds extra spending money, meaning that we can afford to really go to town with the souvenirs and meals whilst we're there!

To give an example, the same stay at DLH using the same offer is £1,660 - nearly £1000 more :scared1: Just think how many character meals, glowtini's and stuffed Mickey's that could buy :rotfl:

I'm struggling now, as I really don't know whether to just take the plunge whilst the price is good or wait to see what offers come out and risk not getting such a good price later on?

Oh sod it...it may just be the half bottle of wine talking, but I think I'm gonna give DLRP a call tomorrow to get a final quote for the Cheyenne with a few extra's thrown in and if I'm happy with the final price I'll get it booked! :banana::banana:

Blimey, these Bank Holiday weekends are dangerous…!

WOO HOO

I’ve just finished booking our trip, second week in March 2010 – 5 nights/6 days staying at the Hotel Cheyenne!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Can't believe it's finally booked, and that we're all going in just 6 months time. :cool1:

Wow. I've just caught up on this thread. What an amazing brother/son you are!

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

Triple Yey for booking your trip. Can't wait to read the TR.

Now giving some thought to our eating plans whilst we're there. :)

I've decided not to go with the HB vouchers, as 2 of our group don't have particularly big appetites so I feel they would be wasted if we justed wanted to snack one evening rather than eating full meals. We also intend to eat at a mixture of places across the board in terms of cost, so we'd probably lose out if using HB+ or premium vouchers whilst snacking at Chucks Wagon for example.

I'm working on the basis of us having 2 table service meals, 2 buffet meals and one fast food type meals during the week, possibly with a final table service meal for lunch on the last day before we leave. :)

So far I think that we need to eat at the steak house or the silver spur one evening (as we all like a good steak ;) ) , inventions another and of course try out the hotel restaurant Chucks Wagon one night too. I'm guessing that one night we'll be looking at something like Annettes, possibly as a take away if we just fancy flaking out in the room. We'll also be taking in BBWWS one night, so that covers the five evenings.

Some days we're likely to try and grab a late breakfast thus missing out lunch (which we tend to do when at home anyway) but on the days when we have breakfast before EMH (or during, when we will hopefully have a GMFL breakfast) then we'll probably just grab a sandwich or baguette somewhere to keep us going until dinner time.

Depending on what we feel like closer to the time, I'm thinking of possibly switching inventions with a character meal somewhere (Cafe Mickey hopefully) or even fitting a character lunch in one day before BBWWS (as we plan to go to the late show) or the evening that we just grab a fast food takeout.

great plans so far. i have the same issue i want to eat in restaraunts on various plans so it would be a waste. if you want to eat at the silver spur i would check what time they close at. i had a meal at half five but i am not sure how much after that they were leaving people in as the parks close at 7. innventions is a character buffet and a great one at that.

Blimey, these Bank Holiday weekends are dangerous…!

WOO HOO

I’ve just finished booking our trip, second week in March 2010 – 5 nights/6 days staying at the Hotel Cheyenne!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Can't believe it's finally booked, and that we're all going in just 6 months time. :cool1:

Hurray!!:yay:

Full steam ahead!:)

We are eating at the Silver Spur in October - also going to Buffalo Bill's!

yey i didnt see you had booked. thats the way i look at it as well. we dont use the hotel so spending a fortune on it isnt worth it to me. all you need now is a ticker!!!!

Hurrah for booking!! I've just read through your whole thread and I think your trip is going to be just fabulous.... The girls will especially love it!!

Bob xoxoxox

Great news!!! :cool1: How excited are you now..???!!! :banana:

Thanks everyone!:thumbsup2

Great news!!! :cool1: How excited are you now..???!!! :banana:

I don't think excited even comes close to covering it...I haven't stopped bouncing yet :rotfl::banana::banana:

With regard to food I've just sat and read all of the menu's on MK and am just in the process of digesting them (oh dear, I really shouldn't try to make puns like that :rolleyes:) but I think that we'll probably be sticking with the original idea of 2 table service, 2 buffet and a fast food with a character lunch on the last day before we leave. Which restaurants we decide on is still very much up for discussion though, as they all sound fantastic!

Just booked our UK transfers to/from Liverpool airport - £22.50 each way for the 4 of us + luggage. :)

I figured it was time to touch base with an update, as I haven't been around for a while. ;)

Not much has really happened in terms of planning since I last posted, other than booking our Paris transfers with EZYShuttle.

I'm also planning on telling Sarah in the not too distant future, so that she can join me in my excitement!! :thumbsup2 I had been planning to keep it from her until Christmas time, however I'm not sure that I can keep it to myself that long - every time I speak to her I'm itching to say something, so that I can get her involved in the planning...I want to come up with a really special way of telling her though, as I don't just want to blurt it out in the middle of a conversation. Not sure how yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Ooo, just had a bit of a bidding spree on eBay! :rotfl:

Just a few Disney bits and pieces for Abi, a fleece and a couple of t-shirts. :love:

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look now. ;)

I've only won one item on eBay so far, a lovely red "Mickey" fleece to fit Abi - and a bargain at £5.50 :)

5k3x8i.jpg

What a lovely top!!!! I love Ebay for all stuff but i've found some lovely Disney bits on there!

You must be getting really excited now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter