The 2004 Loews Hotels Discounts Watch Thread

I checked again today and they still dont have the ENT or FAN rates for January. They said check back in a week.

WEEEEEOHHHHHHH!!!:Pinkbounc

I just got the go ahead from DH for a summer trip to UO! We're thinking the week before July 4th. Hopefully Mummy will be up and running by then and the discounted rates are out!

Congratulations! Welcome to the waiting game!:Pinkbounc

Hello . We are planning our trip for Feb. 6th - 14th to Orlando.
We are scheduled to stay on Disney property for the 9th -14th . I had hoped to stay at a Universal Resort for the 6th - 9th .
I'm just wondering if at this point I should give up hope for discounts and book a room elsewhere ? We have never been to Universal before so we really wanted to stay on property but I'm beginning to think that we will not receive discounts for our time of travel . We are less than 90 days away now . We can't afford to pay full price at the Universal rates .
Anyone have suggestions ?
Thank you !

Have you checked online at Loews? I thought I saw some good promotional rates for EARLY Feb. - they still don't help me for late Feb., but they might help you. I think the address is www.loewshotels.com (?)

Is $199 for the RPR a good rate for the week before Easter? That's what I'm getting at Expedia.com.

We're going to WDW and US the week before Easter (I know, I know, but it's the only time we could go) and we're staying at CBR for 4 days from April 1-4. Got the AAA rate there. However, when I would look online for one of the Universal Hotels (because I want that room key for the Parks) it said everyone was booked. I thought it was because of Easter and it really was booked full. However, my AAA agent told me to keep checking for their rates.

So, I kept looking online and found that Expedia.com had rooms for all the Universal Hotels at that time. I got the RPR for $199 a night, which even the AAA travel agent said was a good deal. The HRH was at $219. Now, this is high season at Easter time, so I booked the RPR through Expedia.com, not wanting to miss out. Are these good rates?

Does anyone know about Expedia.com? I have an account now and it still says I have the room booked. Can I change reservations is a cheaper rate comes out?

Thanks much.

wallytosa, I don't think that's great rate if it's just a standard room. We're all just waiting for the discounts to come out. Be sure to check the "What's your date and rate" permanent thread at the top of this board.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187829

On the first page, it summarizes the rates that folks got for their dates. Check your rough dates for 2003, and I'm sure you'll find that many did better than $199, assuming a standard room. If, on the other hand, that's a Club Room rate, you probably did well.

I'm assuming that the $199 rate is for a standard room (because that's the rate I see when I last checked at Expedia for that time period)... You can actually get RPR for $169 and HRH for $189 a night for a standard room through Hotelkingdom for the week before Easter... Are you locked in with Expedia or can you cancel these reservations?? I think Hotelkingdom would be a much better deal, if you can switch.

HTH,
Sarah

Just called to check and rates are not in system yet. She did tell me that since I am going during a busy time (3/20-3/26), the entertainment rate may not be available. I told her I also had a fan club card and she checked -no fan club rate yet either.

I'm clinging to hope that the Entertainment Rates or Fan Club rates will be out soon for 2004. If I remember correctly, the E Rates and Fan Rates didn't come out until November last year. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
ADP

Can someone tell me what the FAN club discount is? I am not
familiar with it. Is there a website where I can get info. on this.

Thanks in Advance,
Todd Rosel

check out the main universal thread from the homepage. there is a thread i think titled FAN club. you have to be a company to receive the cards thru your human resources. if you go to universal's main site you can get information on signing up and maybe your company will join. if not, look for a thread by "tinkerbarb". she will send you a card from her company. she is great and has helped a lot of us out.

Called at 9AM today. I did not hear the reps name, but was told that the E rates are "not loaded yet' for my dates, 6/8/04-7/2/04, and that the AP rates are "in the process of being loaded". Same story for the AAA rates. Advised to call back in a week.

The rate I got for the HRH when I called yesterday was $249 for the standard gardenview for 6/28-7/2. I checked Hotelkingdom today for the same date and room category and the rate was $189!

Just called" BEN" was quoted only ENT rates available on March 6-11 2004 for PB only.
Really wanted RPR.

PB pool view=$238
Garden $217

Not good enough......:(

I was so excited when I saw the prior post that I got on the phone to make my reservation for June 2004. I was told that the discount rates are not out yet and I should try back in the end of the month!:confused:

What am I doing wrong? I called Loews and they quoted me a rate of $269 for July 9 and 10. I went ahead and booked because 2 weeks ago they told me no rooms were available. What do you think my chances are of having the room rate lowered? Any advice appreciated; I do have 231+ days before we go.

What resort were you booking for your ENT rates?

We are not seeing these for all 3 yet?

I called the 1-800-232-7827 (BE-A-STAR) line and got the Portofino Bay rates.

I will still hold out for FAN rates as can get my Club level reduced with that.

I do think that I will look on Entertainment.com to see what, if anything, they have posted now!!!!

I'm getting tired of the wait!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter