The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you're being introduced during unusual conditions! Yesterday's 4 " of rain was a record for yesterday's date!

I'm glad you're enjoying your stay! :)

Sadly we leave tomorrow. But I know we will be back one of these days.

It was fun the past 2 nights. We used to live in Jupiter so tonight we had company and last night also. Ah. Old friends :goodvibes

We just checked into your lovely resort. Our first time here. We got an awesome 1 BR with ocean views out all off the windows. The place reminds me of OKW and we love the extra space.

What is your room number? We booked a one bdrm and would love to put in a request for an ocean view, and if I could be VERY specific, that may help? Not sure but would LOVE to try! SOUNDS WONDERFUL! If youre not comfortable posting right now since you are there, PM me or post later.
THANKS in advance!!!

I will be calling next Wednesday to see if I can get a 2 bedroom villa for next June (fingers crossed)
I am bringing my sister's family (DBIL, Dsis, Dneice and 2 Dnephews).
I am never been to VB and this thread is reallllly long and hard to find my answers, so I hope I don't offend if I ask some questions here.

What is the pirate dinner on Monday nights? Cost? Appeals to what age?

Is the beach swimmable in early June (should I be worried about jellyfish, big waves, man-o-wars, etc)?

How long do it usually take to drive from Epcot area of WDW to VB? Any tolls? Do I need a Sun Pass?

Thanks!
Lori

5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to shout it out!!! :cool1:

cheryl

What is the pirate dinner on Monday nights? Cost? Appeals to what age?

2 years ago, we had 8 adults and 3 DGC, 4,5 and 6 and we ALL enjoyed the dinner. The meats were family style in skillets, you get pirate head gear to wear, there's a parade of the kids to join in, and they get official pirate certificates. I have a DF who has digestive issues and that couple decided late in the game to join us for the dinner and she probably had more fun than the kids, and enjoyed the food. 6 of the adults were in our 60s, DS/DDiL in their 30s and the rest were the DGC.:thumbsup2

:banana: WHOOO HOOOO! Just got an email saying we are in a 1 bdrm our entire stay xmas week! (we were on a wait list for the last 4 nights). I'm soooooo happy! :banana:

OK. With the high winds, monsoon rain, we liked the resort very much.

Today the sun was shinning, and we loved it! Beach, pool, Jacuzzi....I have another DVC resort I love!:love:
(And I am NOT a beach person!)

We were there when Katrina was pounding Miami. DH is not a beach person, but he too, loves VB! He's the reason we added more points there earlier this year. I'm glad you love the resort!:love:

Pattiwig, congratulations on your wait list coming through!

You can add us to the roll call also for 5/25-6/2, 2012. We will be there over Memorial Day weekend which is also our anniversary. Thanks for all the wonderful tips. We just became DVC members.:cool1:

Wow! I've been out of the loop. I was searching for this thread on the mousellaneous forum. Went through all the pages over and over. Finally, I realized there is a new forum. Whew... I was really concerned that the thread had dropped off the cliff.

So, here we are at the end of another season. Time to start the 2012 VB thread. John... Do you want to continue as caretaker? You have done a fantastic job this year. starbox... you ready to get back into it? Mia?

DVCconvert... You weren't able to a couple years ago, but how about now? You are a natural.

Anybody else? I think change is good. And this is the main reason I don't want to manage the thread ongoing, but if nobody says yes... (I want someone to) I will start a new thread 12/1

Seriously, someone say yes...

Please add us to the roll call--6 of us, Me, DSis, DBIL, 2 nephews and one niece, from June 9-13!
Call this morning right at 6am (start of my 7 month window) and got a dedicated 2 bedroom villa with no problems!
So excited!

You can add us to the roll call also for 5/25-6/2, 2012. We will be there over Memorial Day weekend which is also our anniversary. Thanks for all the wonderful tips. We just became DVC members.:cool1:
I'll be joining you from 5/27-6/1 for my annual start of summer Vero visit. Not sure if I'll be doing a solo trip this time or inviting a friend or two but I do know that I'll be dining at Squid Lips at least once. :)

Wow! I've been out of the loop. I was searching for this thread on the mousellaneous forum. Went through all the pages over and over. Finally, I realized there is a new forum. Whew... I was really concerned that the thread had dropped off the cliff.

So, here we are at the end of another season. Time to start the 2012 VB thread. John... Do you want to continue as caretaker? You have done a fantastic job this year. starbox... you ready to get back into it? Mia?

DVCconvert... You weren't able to a couple years ago, but how about now? You are a natural.

Anybody else? I think change is good. And this is the main reason I don't want to manage the thread ongoing, but if nobody says yes... (I want someone to) I will start a new thread 12/1

Seriously, someone say yes...

Hmmm... I was saving this as my ace up the sleeve... Maria.... Mia.... You know you want to do it... Come to the light...

We stayed here in Oct and had such a nice time we could not wait to go back so we got the FL resident rates for the Dream and will spend 1 night prior to the cruise!

Hmmm... I was saving this as my ace up the sleeve... Maria.... Mia.... You know you want to do it... Come to the light...

After owning the thread for a year, it is definately time for me to pass the baton to someone. I have the roll call in a Word document and can send it to the lucky new person.

:worship: If there is someone out there who wants to step up, let us know!

John

Updated Roll Call:

10/3 – 10/6 cemeb4dk
10/3 – 10-7 mic_KY_mouses
10/4 – 10/9 kimkreis
10/5 – 10/9 LittleBoPeep
10/14 – 10/16 ChrisMouse
10/16 – 10/22 treehugnmama
10/19 – 10/22 CruznLexi
10/21 – 10/27 hopefully
10/25 – 10-31 Leanne1977
10/27 – 10/29 gortman65
10/29 – 11/3 glokitty
10/30 – 11/2 Muushka
11/3 – 11/6 wyodan
11/10 – 11/15 chepic
12/18 – 12/22 lilwitch646
12/23 – 12/28 conciergekelly
12/24 – 12/30 Pattiwig
12/29 – 1-3 pit303

1/13 – 1/16 dmurphy42
1/15 – 1/21 bobbiwoz
2/12 – 2/15 auntsue
2/16 – 2/19 backyardponder
2/17 – 2/25 robhawk
2/20 – 2/26 smacky1
3/9 – 3/16 tink1969
3/11 – 3/17 mickeywho?
3/12 – 3/16 debaudrn
3/12 – 3/17 2gr8DisneyKids
3/18 – 3/20 TiszBear
3/18 – 3/23 BernW
4/1 – 4/5 job09
4/3 – 4/5 starbox
4/10 – 4/19 iloveokw
5/4 -5/11 obsesseddisplanner
5/10 – 5/14 JMTStone
5/11 – 5/13 Princess_Runner
5/25 – 6/2 lauralooneyfordisney
5/27 – 6/1 PammyK
6/9 – 6/13 anonymousegirl
6/15 – 6/17 bobbiwoz
6/20 – 6/24 wigdoutdismom

After owing the thread for a year, it is definately time for me to pass the baton to someone. I have the roll call in a Word document and can send it to the lucky new person.

:worship: If there is someone out there who wants to step up, let us know!

John

How about bobbiwoz, floridafam, or CruznLexi... You're all top contributors? :flower3:

I'll be joining you from 5/27-6/1 for my annual start of summer Vero visit. Not sure if I'll be doing a solo trip this time or inviting a friend or two but I do know that I'll be dining at Squid Lips at least once. :)

This is our annual anniversary trip to somewhere by ourselves.:lmao: This will be our first trip to Vero and as DVC members. We had to change our dates to use all our points. We are now at Bay Lake Towers on Thur 5-24 and will be at Vero from 5-25 to 6-1 and will come back home then. We are looking for must do dining places in the Vero area? Besides seafood since I am allergic.:sick: Any ideas anyone?

Just came back from a 2 night getaway and loved this place! However did not love the ants in room and the fact we called front desk to be told they would send someone right away to take care of it but no one showed up. Oh well. Certainly didn't ruin our getaway but next time I will take my own ant spray I guess. The view of the Atlantic from our room was amazing. Shutters was great and the bar was literally right around the corner from our room. :lmao: Can't wait to go back next November after our cruise.

This is our annual anniversary trip to somewhere by ourselves.:lmao: This will be our first trip to Vero and as DVC members. We had to change our dates to use all our points. We are now at Bay Lake Towers on Thur 5-24 and will be at Vero from 5-25 to 6-1 and will come back home then. We are looking for must do dining places in the Vero area? Besides seafood since I am allergic.:sick: Any ideas anyone?

We love Ocean Grill good mix. We had great service and a fantastic diner.

I've never stayed at VB before and my family and I are thinking of staying there for the 4th of July.

I know there are only 6 3BR Beach Cottages. Does anyone know what my chances would be of getting one if I called exactly at the 7 month mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter