The 2022 Holiday Tours have been released...

Thanks for the review

the tour castle show wasn’t after hours this year? the video commentary seemed to indicate it was.
I apologize for the misleading statement. It absolutely is AFTER the park is closed, but the sheer amount of people on the tour was a mob. Nowhere near what it would be if the park were open, I'm sure, but it's still a lot. The bridge is closed, so you're stuck at the entrance to Forbidden Journey and along the space in Hogsmeade between buildings. I have zero experience with the castle during a normal night, but I had read that people had "tons of space" when they did the castle viewing before after hours. That was not the case.

I also think an adjustment needs to be made to that whole show for people who are in wheelchairs / scooters and cannot stand to view it. A lady next to us did the whole tour in her chair and was obviously not going to be able to stand for the show, yet people continued to move directly in front of her. I was so frustrated for her and her family.

Im disappointed to hear about @dawnnikol’s experience. My tour starts at 6:30 and both parks close at 7 on the day we booked our tour (Dec 13) so I hope that means that we’ll get a ‘private’ viewing of the Harry Potter show, and not be standing shoulder-to-shoulder in Hogsmead.

The bridge is closed, so you're stuck at the entrance to Forbidden Journey and along the space in Hogsmeade between buildings. I have zero experience with the castle during a normal night, but I had read that people had "tons of space" when they did the castle viewing before after hours. That was not the case.
Surprised, the Bridge was open last year. We stationed ourselves there at the rail early just to have something to lean on at the end of a long day lol

Surprised, the Bridge was open last year. We stationed ourselves there at the rail early just to have something to lean on at the end of a long day lol
Unless closing the bridge was another "opening night hiccup", it was absolutely closed, so all the tour groups could only view from the Hogsmeade / FJ entrance side.

I hope it's a better experience for others, honestly, but I'll never do it again.

I went on the on Dec 14 and had a wonderful time! Our guide Mike (Magic Mike) was hilarious and wonderful. He made sure we had time to do everything we wanted. We also especially loved meeting the Grinch (hilarious) and Max (met him twice).

It was a great evening and completely worth the $80pp I paid for this experience.

Btw - how do I get in touch with Universal so I can let them know what a great job our guide did ? Of course we tipped him, but I know getting kudos is big deal.

I went on the on Dec 14 and had a wonderful time! Our guide Mike (Magic Mike) was hilarious and wonderful. He made sure we had time to do everything we wanted. We also especially loved meeting the Grinch (hilarious) and Max (met him twice).

It was a great evening and completely worth the $80pp I paid for this experience.

Btw - how do I get in touch with Universal so I can let them know what a great job our guide did ? Of course we tipped him, but I know getting kudos is big deal.
They sent us a survey a few days later.

So we’re back from our trip (we were there 12/3-12/10 and did the tour 12/5).

It was good, we also had a great and knowledgeable guide named Manuel. BUT it was LOT of down time. Get to one activity, take your turn, wait…Or wait your turn to do said activity. We were also disappointed that the ride was Jimmy Fallon (which we knew from reviews). It would have been nice to have a headliner included but I’m sure they chose a ride that is easy to operate with a skeleton crew.

It was worth trying for $80, but we probably won’t do it again.

Unless closing the bridge was another "opening night hiccup", it was absolutely closed, so all the tour groups could only view from the Hogsmeade / FJ entrance side.

I hope it's a better experience for others, honestly, but I'll never do it again.
The bridge was open for us but my husband overheard a conversation between cast members that left him with the impression that is was NOT supposed to be.

I canceled once I learned that our 'group of 12' would be accompanied by 30 other 'groups of 12'. Glad I did because all we heard about was the waiting around. But then we got a private backstage tour of Fallon just by asking ( he wouldn't take a tip!) and we ran into the Grinch twice at the Passholder Lounge. Same guy both time, he remembered us. We watched the castle show from our window.

Attachments

• 319825403_476751847861125_446052443667731462_n.jpg
    319825403_476751847861125_446052443667731462_n.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 318539126_1243062676619755_3739129199378970433_n.jpg
    318539126_1243062676619755_3739129199378970433_n.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 7
So we’re back from our trip (we were there 12/3-12/10 and did the tour 12/5).

It was good, we also had a great and knowledgeable guide named Manuel. BUT it was LOT of down time. Get to one activity, take your turn, wait…Or wait your turn to do said activity. We were also disappointed that the ride was Jimmy Fallon (which we knew from reviews). It would have been nice to have a headliner included but I’m sure they chose a ride that is easy to operate with a skeleton crew.

It was worth trying for $80, but we probably won’t do it again.
I don’t think we’d do it again either. It was my sisters first-ever vacation though and I thought she might dig it, and luckily she did! :)

To me, it was definitely worth doing it once.

If you’re on Twitter, you can send a tweet to @UniversalORL and add #UOFistBump then your message and include the name of the TM. We do this now and then and UO typically responds within an hour and states they’ll pass it along. They need to know the name of TM and location (certain ride or restaurant or in your case, holiday tour guide). TMs seem very grateful for this.

I did the tour too so can throw in my two cents, though it's a bit late.

I thought it was a mixed bag. It was a big waste of time at the beginning, our email said to show up at 6, but when we did show up the TM said we were perfectly fine to come back in 45 minutes and we wouldn't miss anything, which we did.

And we didn't miss anything, the big wait is to sign in and get your wristband and your tour guide/group then to wait around until about 7, which is when we were seated for the show.

Our tour guide was amazing, but our group kind of sucked. We had one woman who was desperate to meet up with a member of her party who was in IOA and hadn't been able to book the tour. I think she needed to give him a room key? But then it felt like she was angling to get him in the tour for free, which our guide was not having. It was an awkward situation.

Anyway, we had good seats for the show, then we waited around outside the theater with our group for about 15 minutes afterwards.

Then we finally headed to IOA. Our first stop was the food and Grinch/Max meet and greet.

Honestly, I thought the food sucked. Two types of Christmas cookies which were pretty gross (in my opinion). Chicken and waffles, the waffle was very dry and there was no syrup in sight. The chicken was ok. Tater tots with pizza type toppings was prob the best option.

The Grinch was great, though they could improve the lighting in his spot. Max was late coming out but was also fantastic to meet. We had plenty of time to hang out in this area, then we all headed back to US.

We got a bit of a tour of the soundstages and lingered there for a while.

Then we got our Jimmy Fallon ride and some facts about the queue area and exhibits. Got to meet an excellent Santa.

Then we hung around some more and looked at the tree.

FINALLY we headed over to Hogsmeade. The area was very crowded (all VIP tour groups). The Hog's Head was the only food/drink area open and had a huge line. No open shops, no butterbeer cart. So we went and got spots for the castle show. It ended up being delayed half an hour, we heard everything from groups being backed up at the Grinch/Max meet and greet and that they were holding the show to clear out the butterbeer line. Not sure what was true, but both were said by different tour guides. We did see some guests leaving ahead of the castle show, as it was past 11 and very late for little kids.

I wish the candy shop or at least the butterbeer cart would have been staffed, would have made the wait a bit better.

Honestly, with how long we waited for the castle show I would have rather just seen it on my own. To me, the good perks were the reserved seating for the Grinchmas show and the Max/Grinch/Santa meets.

I most likely wouldn't do the tour again in it's current form.

Are you on Facebook? Universal runs a page called Universal Orlando Annual Passholder. You can give a team member a UOFistBump and they will take note and let the team member know.

Bumping this thread for this year. Has any news come out about holiday tours for 2023? Wondering if they're going to make improvements or include special reserved parade viewing again.

We really enjoyed the tour last year. I wish they made the ride a headliner though. I understand their reasoning but…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter