The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

I would love some RD advise from someone more familiar with HS than me. Initially I was planning on purchasing ILL for both SROR and MMRR, making a reservation for SDD right at 7am, and then trying to RD MFSR and TSMM quickly. However, now that there is only 1 ILL to purchase I’m not sure the best RD strategy. I think I’m still going to try and get SDD for my first genie+ selection, but how would you prioritize the other 3 rides during RD now. We are traveling with 3 kids, ages 2 (almost 3 so he hits the 38” mark), 5, and 8 so TOT and RNRC are not priorities. We are up early and staying on property so can get there early and would like to schedule a break in our day at around 1pm before hopping over to another park, so the mornings are important for us to prioritize at HS and strategize well. I’m worried given the fact we want to leave early we may only get 1 (hopefully 2) rides out of our genie+ here. Thanks!

I would love some RD advise from someone more familiar with HS than me. Initially I was planning on purchasing ILL for both SROR and MMRR, making a reservation for SDD right at 7am, and then trying to RD MFSR and TSMM quickly. However, now that there is only 1 ILL to purchase I’m not sure the best RD strategy. I think I’m still going to try and get SDD for my first genie+ selection, but how would you prioritize the other 3 rides during RD now. We are traveling with 3 kids, ages 2 (almost 3 so he hits the 38” mark), 5, and 8 so TOT and RNRC are not priorities. We are up early and staying on property so can get there early and would like to schedule a break in our day at around 1pm before hopping over to another park, so the mornings are important for us to prioritize at HS and strategize well. I’m worried given the fact we want to leave early we may only get 1 (hopefully 2) rides out of our genie+ here. Thanks!

I am by no means an expert, but I would:
1. Get SDD genie plus at 7 am, hopefully for a morning time
2. Rope drop MMRR and/or MF since it’s likely that the times available after you do SDD will be later
3. Hopefully grab a TsMM genie plus for morning too, and if you’re lucky maybe you can work in a 3rd too!

others may have better advice :)

At 11:24 am; no SDD and ROTR; a min later TOT is gone; another min and it’s showing 7:40 pm, so I’m sure you can still grab it.

Based on my experience this week, you want to drive to HS. The buses don’t begin to pickup for HS until after 8 and depending on what resort you are at, you won’t get to HS until 8:30. The park was already open and lines formed. We rode RNRC twice and the TOT was already 30 minute wait (sorry, didn’t go to back of park to see other rides). By 9:00, MFSR was 65 minutes. For us ROTR was down and didn’t open until after 10 (we just happened to be walking by and got in line that was 65 minutes long). Have a plan, backup plan, and third backup plan because we had MMRR, ROTR, TSMM, and RNRC closed all at the same time part of the day!

We had similar issues at Epcot, TT and Remey both down during EE. We ended up waiting for Frozen and it was about 40 minutes after we wasted walking to TT and towards Remey.

I finally got tip board access via a vpn and didn’t realise that rise came in and out occasionally even after park open. I’ve seen several chances over the past hour. Is that common or are they ‘phantom’ and not reservable if clicked.

At 10:27 line for TSMM is longer than TOT but Genie+ avail for just an hour and half later. Maybe they’re staggering pass releases or it’s a low crowd day

Last edited:
I finally got tip board access via a vpn and didn’t realise that rise came in and out occasionally even after park open. I’ve seen several chances over the past hour. Is that common or are they ‘phantom’ and not reservable if clicked.
If they appeared twice or more, then they’re not phantom. It’s just whoever clicks faster gets it

Reactions: itf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter