The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

Ok, so it’s 1:01 on 2/25/22 and everything in my OP including TsMM is gone.

so let’s talk strategy.

1. do you just get 2 rides on G+, then hope for drops or do standby?

2. do you try like crazy to get early return times to sneak in 3 rides?

now let’s talk about how wdw can make it better.

1. increase ride capacity!! Staff up. Increase hours. Would allow for more G+ capacity and also decrease the obnoxiously long stand by waits.

other ideas?
I’ve been watching this all week trying to figure out my HS strategy since it seems to be the most complicated park. I’m booking for 7 people staying onsite. I think my DD and I will be trying to get SDD & Rise at 7am. RD TOT & RNRC, then hop in line for MRR, 11am try to get TSMM. After lunch we will take a break and I’ll just refresh for and see what happens. I’m expecting our genie’s & ILL to be in the evening. I also have one other morning scheduled at HS & could park hop one other evening if we feel like it. So stressful.

Even with tiering restrictions I was not waiting in 60-90 minute lines with FP+
Are you taking about standby lines? Because I definitely was seeing lines like that. I recall in spring 2019 getting stuck in an unfortunate 45 minute queue for Barnstormer (this was the worst Disney decision I ever made) but the wait times were long all over the parks back then. I remember feeling very defeated seeing 2+ hours on all the "headliners" at HS. I stayed offsite so my FP selections weren't very good to start with so we did a lot of character M&Gs
1. Longer park hours
2. Increase staffing / ride capacity
3. Decrease park pass availability
4. Increase G+ price so fewer people purchase
5. Reopen everything, from character meets to shows to restaurants. Spread out the crowds.
#5 please.... I wish there were G+ reservations for fireworks and parades again

Are you taking about standby lines? Because I definitely was seeing lines like that. I recall in spring 2019 getting stuck in an unfortunate 45 minute queue for Barnstormer (this was the worst Disney decision I ever made) but the wait times were long all over the parks back then. I remember feeling very defeated seeing 2+ hours on all the "headliners" at HS. I stayed offsite so my FP selections weren't very good to start with so we did a lot of character M&Gs

#5 please.... I wish there were G+ reservations for fireworks and parades again

Yes, standby. We stay onsite and I booked FP at 60 days For MK we did EMH which was an hour long back then. I always scheduled our FP for the morning, usually Seven dwarves, Peter Pan, and Haunted Mansion at 10,11, & 12. RD Tomorrowland, the go over to Frontierland at 9, ride those 2 rides then start our FP’s. Ate lunch and left for an afternoon break having accomplished most of the headliners. Worked like a charm. The other parks were similar. Schedule one Tier 1, RD the other.

Yes, standby. We stay onsite and I booked FP at 60 days For MK we did EMH which was an hour long back then. I always scheduled our FP for the morning, usually Seven dwarves, Peter Pan, and Haunted Mansion at 10,11, & 12. RD Tomorrowland, the go over to Frontierland at 9, ride those 2 rides then start our FP’s. Ate lunch and left for an afternoon break having accomplished most of the headliners. Worked like a charm. The other parks were similar. Schedule one Tier 1, RD the other.
My offsite experience was much different as 2/3 of those rides weren't available and the other would be well into the late afternoon. That was a choice I had to make because of financial reasons then. Now I have the money but the experience is changed. Bad timing on my part.

But a part of me is happy to see that offsite guests have opportunities to ride more headliners. I've never ridden SDD because it was never available and always 2+ hours for standby.

But I'm not missing what I never had. My perspective is different. I do miss having a set plan though, even if it was mediocre. haha

My offsite experience was much different as 2/3 of those rides weren't available and the other would be well into the late afternoon. That was a choice I had to make because of financial reasons then. Now I have the money but the experience is changed. Bad timing on my part.

But a part of me is happy to see that offsite guests have opportunities to ride more headliners. I've never ridden SDD because it was never available and always 2+ hours for standby.

But I'm not missing what I never had. My perspective is different. I do miss having a set plan though, even if it was mediocre. haha
Do you plan on buying Genie+? If so I hope you get a SDD LL! 🤞🏻

Even with tiering restrictions I was not waiting in 60-90 minute lines with FP+
Sorry, but I don't understand the comment. Not sure what my remembering the FP+ tiering restrictions on some attractions has to do with wait times for FP or LL.

I’ve been watching this all week trying to figure out my HS strategy since it seems to be the most complicated park. I’m booking for 7 people staying onsite. I think my DD and I will be trying to get SDD & Rise at 7am. RD TOT & RNRC, then hop in line for MRR, 11am try to get TSMM. After lunch we will take a break and I’ll just refresh for and see what happens. I’m expecting our genie’s & ILL to be in the evening. I also have one other morning scheduled at HS & could park hop one other evening if we feel like it. So stressful.
I have a similar strategy on our HS morning.

RD RnRC then ToT
Standby for MMRR
Hoping to do all 3 by 10:40 for Droid Depot. I think it's realistic... hopefully lol

I asked this in another thread, but any thoughts on why Disney decided not to allow you to pick times with Genie+? I understand that would basically be going to a paid fastpass, but the inability to plan or schedule around other plans (ADR/experiences/breaks if you have young kids) is another frustrating point with genie+. Not that I enjoy paying more, but with the $ILL I could at least plan a little.

They had to have known this system wasn’t going to work with so few attractions…

I asked this in another thread, but any thoughts on why Disney decided not to allow you to pick times with Genie+? I understand that would basically be going to a paid fastpass, but the inability to plan or schedule around other plans (ADR/experiences/breaks if you have young kids) is another frustrating point with genie+. Not that I enjoy paying more, but with the $ILL I could at least plan a little.

They had to have known this system wasn’t going to work with so few attractions…

Probably the same reason they don't need park reservations anymore, but are keeping them. It allows them to route demand where and when they want. For all we know, Genie+ is deliberately dispersing traffic around different areas of the park at different times of the day, as opposed to being a first come, first served (aka earlier reservation) type of thing.

Looking at all this, I think as parents we have it all wrong.

We should train our kids to watch the lines instead of the rides. Let’s go see the line for TOT. Ok grab an ice cream and let’s see ROTR’s line. If you can guess how long it takes for the lines to drop to 2 hours, you get to ride the gondolas or else we take the bus.

I am going to ask a DHS question here, but please move it if it’s not okay. You all seem to be the best people to help me 😊

I am going to DHS on March 15 (sold out day) with 2 teenage girls who would much prefer to sleep in. But, one of them will be there for her first time so we want to show her as much as possible. My daughter would like to do the following:

RNRC
TOT
SDD
TSMM
MMRR
ROTR

Can those be accomplished without morning magic hours and rope drop? I am willing to buy genie+ and also ILL for rotr. Thanks so much for any help!!

I am going to ask a DHS question here, but please move it if it’s not okay. You all seem to be the best people to help me 😊

I am going to DHS on March 15 (sold out day) with 2 teenage girls who would much prefer to sleep in. But, one of them will be there for her first time so we want to show her as much as possible. My daughter would like to do the following:

RNRC
TOT
SDD
TSMM
MMRR
ROTR

Can those be accomplished without morning magic hours and rope drop? I am willing to buy genie+ and also ILL for rotr. Thanks so much for any help!!
Hmmm yes I think you could, but it may mean some standby lines too. I stay offsite so rope drop is not an option for me. I would buy G+ and get SDD, and purchase RoR. Next G plus get what you can. 3rd go for another g plus if you can. Pick one or two for standby. Then for whatever is showing the longest wait do at the end of the night.

RNRC
TOT
SDD
TSMM
MMRR
ROTR

There are others that can give you more specific help. Though I’ll offer this…. It’s not necessarily a matter of whether this can be accomplished as much as it is a question of how tolerant you and your traveling party will be of lines. So yes, if someone is up at 7 and books first ILL and genie + and you don’t mine lines exceeding 1-2 hours, then you can def accomplish all of those things!

RNRC
TOT
SDD
TSMM
MMRR
ROTR

Do you have the option to do evening? HS rides tend to have shorter wait times at the end of the day. So if you book 7am ROTR and SDD for afternoon then at 11 you can book one of the others and that leaves 4 to ride standby which is doable if you'd be there till park close. And maybe you can get another one of the rides on LL...

so yes, I think this is possible to accomplish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter