The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Sand Wedge

Registered
Beautifully done, but WOW is this ever a sad film!

Mind you I seem to be drawn to sad films. This from a man who rates Requiem for a Dream as his favourite film ever, alongside Silence of the Lambs (more creepy than sad I guess).

It’s a wonderful book as well. Studied it with my daughter for homeschool English in grade six.

I had not read the book and didn’t know what it was about. I finally figured out what had to happen about half way through. I actually couldn’t leave the theater for a few minutes I was crying so hard.

It haunted me for weeks after watching. Incredibly well done.

It haunted me for weeks after watching. Incredibly well done.

Haunting is the word I was going to use. I saw it in the theater and I was screaming at that kid when he snuck into the concentration camp. People in the theater thought there was something wrong with me.

I thought it was a good movie, but I just couldn’t get over the fact that there is like zero chance that could have happened in real life (at the end). If the boy could get in that easily, prisoners could also escape that easily.

It was a good thought provoking movie, though.

A few years ago I showed this to my US History students (they were all 17ish). I think the majority of them cried. I felt terrible but what a powerful movie!

All of my kids read the book and saw the movie in elementary school, I don’t think I read the book but saw the movie. Anne Frank was another book they read, and I remember Life is Beautiful was another movie shown (which I had already seen). Great films, but such tear jerkers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter