The Cabins at Fort Wilderness

Evita_W

DIS Veteran
I thought we were supposed to be able to book the cabins at Fort Wilderness starting sometime in March, but any dates I pick say that booking is outside my booking window. Even in September, which is less than months away, did I miss something?

I think bookings for members paying cash started in March but members wanting to use points doesn’t start for a few more days…the 19th I think? I’d double check that date but the window to start booking with points is coming up soon anyway!

I thought we were supposed to be able to book the cabins at Fort Wilderness starting sometime in March, but any dates I pick say that booking is outside my booking window. Even in September, which is less than months away, did I miss something?
Point booking for members that don't own CFW points opens 4/23. Cash bookings are open for everyone. Points booking are for check in dates on or after 7/1, cash bookings are for check in dates on or after 9/27.

What time can you start booking the Cabins on line?
If you mean on April 23 when bookings can begin for those members using points from other resorts, the start time is the same as usual for reservations in general, 8 a.m. eastern online, 9 a.m. if calling MS. The earliest start date you can book on April 23 is July 1 and, as a non-CFW owner, the latest will be Nov 23

Point booking for members that don't own CFW points opens 4/23. Cash bookings are open for everyone. Points booking are for check in dates on or after 7/1, cash bookings are for check in dates on or after 9/27.
Sorry, why does it have to be on/after July 1st?

If you mean on April 23 when bookings can begin for those members using points from other resorts, the start time is the same as usual for reservations in general, 8 a.m. eastern online, 9 a.m. if calling MS. The earliest start date you can book on April 23 is July 1 and, as a non-CFW owner, the latest will be Nov 23
Assuming the Member website is up and running at 8:00 am eastern time on 04/23/2024, because I just saw this:

"In order to accommodate updates, Member sign-in will be temporarily unavailable on Tuesday, April 23 from 12:00 AM until 6:00 AM Eastern Time. All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding as we update our systems."

In case anyone is waiting for 8 am to roll around, i just booked a stay at the cabins for November on DVCs website. Looks like they opened booking early...

Ugh this is super frustrating, I booked disneyland hotel dvc when they first opened for booking to members and I don't recall it opening early, is this something they are doing regularly now?

Amy and I will be enjoying an older cabin on July 1st to be there the night of the grand opening of The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and then will check into a new Cabin on July 2nd! It'll be a great comparison between new and old, and we can't wait to share it all with you!

Showing as sold out now for July 4th (opening) week and the week of Halloween. I wonder if they have sold any Halloween fixed weeks, it’s such a popular and fun time at the Fort.

Whoo hooo- golf cart now reserved too!
Are we campers? Not in the least but still a new DVC resort sure sounds like fun!

We have not been over to Ft W since the kids were little and Disney had that awesome (short lived) package that included just about everything. We did canoes, horse back riding and Hoopdee Doo.

January we stayed at WL in a real cabin, and I can't help feeling a little like we are going to be in a trailer but still, tooling around in a golf cart sure will be wicked fun.

Ugh this is super frustrating, I booked disneyland hotel dvc when they first opened for booking to members and I don't recall it opening early, is this something they are doing regularly now?
This is the first new DVC resort since VDH, so who knows? Poly tower should be next, and I’ll bet lots of people will be online well before 8 the morning those bookings open up, as a result of these reports!

I was on at 7:30am and bookings were already live and sold out for the opening few days. :(

I open a chat to express my disappointment that the booking time was not communicated clearly and I was Told that it didn’t open until 8 this morning 😒 I assured Him that it did and that I had Booked two nights and created a waitlist before 7:30…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter