The DarkSide's not so Dark after all....

Fantastic report! We've decided to completely skip WDW this year (gulp! ) and buy Flex tickets instead. We're planning 7n/8d at Cabana Bay with trips to US/IoA, SeaWorld, and Aquatica. Very, very excited at the thought of a different vacation(we normally go for 10 days onsite at WDW annually). A previous poster echoed my thoughts earlier - it's become a bit stagnant & overpriced the past few years. I think a break will do us wonders. Your tr gave some great ideas for how to tackle our trip, thanks!

Much thanks! I think we may need to check out the Flex Tickets for our next time in Nov or mid-Jan, as well. We thought 6 nights on-site at UO with a couple of off-site days at WDW from PBH or RPH was our plan. But, DA is really making us think we'll spend even more time at UO while supplementing with SeaWorld, etc., since SeaWorld is right next door and the kids haven't been there at all (and I haven't been in 30 years, I'm sorry to say).

You will absolutely love the break :thumbsup2

Wondering, how much did your express passes cost in addition to ticket prices? Had decided to stay PR to get the express passes but Really wanted to stay at Cabanas.

Post this on the Strategy Board- lots of really knowledgeable folks on there who have the ticket prices down pat! I can't answer since we stayed at PBH with the EP's included.

Another one wanting to say thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for a brilliant TR. I had been looking to read something like this to get a fix on what to expect for our first upcoming trip to USO-this has been brilliant.

Another one wanting to say thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for a brilliant TR. I had been looking to read something like this to get a fix on what to expect for our first upcoming trip to USO-this has been brilliant.

My pleasure!

And remember, the first trip is always a special time! I'm guessing DA will be open - how much better can it get..??!! I hope we get a full report back on how it went, from a "down under" perspective :thumbsup2

It was great fun to put it into words - I highly recommend it if you get the chance!

We are actually heading there in August for the first time. Doing my research to see what we need to do. Your review helped! Thanks!

Many thanks for the awesome report! I am a self-described "ride chicken" with 2 adrenaline junkie DDs, and I've been scared to do more than 1 day at US for fear of not enough for everyone (i.e. me :) ) to do. But your TR sounded so fun! I may have been converted!

Many thanks for the awesome report! I am a self-described "ride chicken" with 2 adrenaline junkie DDs, and I've been scared to do more than 1 day at US for fear of not enough for everyone (i.e. me :) ) to do. But your TR sounded so fun! I may have been converted!

Hah!

Trust me, neither DW, nor DS11 would ever describe themselves as adrenaline junkies! But, they had as much fun, if not more, than DS8 and I had....

I guess I should feel bad having converted you. But, you'll have such a great time there and there are many worse and dangerous things I enjoy I could be converting people to (like jet skiing, good Scotch, raw oysters); I just think I'll keep right on converting! Well, not that Mr Potter needs that much help........;)

Just planning our October trip which will include a stay at RPR
I've really enjoyed reading your TR and have picked up a lot of great tips :goodvibes
We've been to Universal previously and have stayed at RPR but there was still a lot to learn from your TR
We want to check out the other resorts, something we have not done on previous trips and I really need to look in the photo connect service
We've been looking at BMG as well but would rather just decide when we get there, not sure how hard if would be to get last minute tickets
Anyway, I really wanted to say thanks for your excellent report :thumbsup2

By the way, I've started my first TR on my first DLR run if you're interested. Red link in my sig.

UO is up next Labor Day weekend.

By the way, I've started my first TR on my first DLR run if you're interested. Red link in my sig.

so is that how you got the thread of the week.........?
now you are running with the big doggies...:yay:

Awesome! I'll be right over! Well, let me pour a nice microbrew first, so I can settle in for what I know will be a great read......

so is that how you got the thread of the week.........?
now you are running with the big doggies...:yay:

Haha, no it's the FastPass thread in my sig.

It's thread of the month, by the way. And the podcast team says it's a serious contender for thread of the year. Since you asked. ;) :p :goodvibes

Miss me much?

Haha, no it's the FastPass thread in my sig.

It's thread of the month, by the way. And the podcast team says it's a serious contender for thread of the year. Since you asked. ;) :p :goodvibes

Miss me much?

you bet i miss you homie!

good to read your are coming back home during labor day...

ok month, not week.

i really need to put on glasses when i read the boards......

You just gave me a chance to brag a little. I'm proud of how that thread has helped a bunch of people and that it has managed to stay drama-free. ;)

Have a good one!

You just gave me a chance to brag a little. I'm proud of how that thread has helped a bunch of people and that it has managed to stay drama-free. ;)

Have a good one!

It deserves another award just for the drama free part........;)

Just planning our October trip which will include a stay at RPR
I've really enjoyed reading your TR and have picked up a lot of great tips :goodvibes
We've been to Universal previously and have stayed at RPR but there was still a lot to learn from your TR
We want to check out the other resorts, something we have not done on previous trips and I really need to look in the photo connect service
We've been looking at BMG as well but would rather just decide when we get there, not sure how hard if would be to get last minute tickets
Anyway, I really wanted to say thanks for your excellent report :thumbsup2

We loved checking out the other resorts and the family is still really wrestling with the RPH vs PBH decision for this winter.

Deciding on BMG the day before worked out great for us! I just don't know if we got lucky or not. It's a good question to ask the BMG pros for the time of year you're going. Have a blast and I'm so glad you're getting some good use out of all my rambling...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter