The DDA Trouble Free Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
UP Disney said:
Yep, the Mackinac Bridge that connects Michigan's Upper & Lower Peninsula. So where are you from? It must be nearby.

Nope I am in Pa,
just googled it to see if I could find the answer, but looking at your signature, it made sense--upper peninsula

Steamboat Marti said:
Ok kids - I've got to get back into bed. I have a killer headache since mid week and it is kicking my butt. I also have the shakes, so I need more rest I guess. Don't worry though - Skunka is the absolute best care taker!!! If they made a mold of a perfect husband, I'd vote for him!!

Feel better soon! Thanks Paul, for taking good care of her! :goodvibes :wizard:

Steamboat Marti said:
Ok kids - I've got to get back into bed. I have a killer headache since mid week and it is kicking my butt. I also have the shakes, so I need more rest I guess. Don't worry though - Skunka is the absolute best care taker!!! If they made a mold of a perfect husband, I'd vote for him!!

Feel better soon!! :flower2: :flower2:

Steffy said:
Ah the child of Tivo... I have "Elmo Saves Christmas" on VHS. My DGS just din't understand when I had to rewind! All his other movies, we just hit play. It might take 5 minutes to rewind and he would cry adn point to the TV... Elmo Christmas! Elmo Christmas! as if I were not going to let him see it again.

Ah, these children. And I remember what a thrill it was when NBC decided to broadcast its entire lineup in color!!!! :rose: :rose:

I am laughing with you! I remember watching THe Brady Bunch and allthe kids lined up at the stairs in the opening credits...it said "In Living Color". I was so excited and pointed it out to my mom, who laughed and said Yea, if you have a color tv!!! :rotfl2: Of course we did not!!

dumby said:
I have the same question. How many autographs do you normally get. When we went in 2000 we did not get many maybe 10.

I printed out Clares pages. Thanks Clare they are absolutely wonderful. I am adding the power rangers and jojo is I can figure out how to do this.

Clare if you have time please let me know how to make the page. I have the clip art for the power rangers just could not figure out how to put them on a page and add a border.

I think it all depends on what you want to do and what you are interested in! Kate & Julia have tons of autographs. Myy kids onthe other hand are thrill seekers and don't care if they ever see a character. This last trip all we saw were the princesses at Breakfast and stood in line to see Ariel (she is Grace's fav). We only had the pillowcase signed.

mommykds said:
So from reading some of the posts here I take it that no one is happy for Angelina & Brad??

:rotfl2: :crazy2: :rotfl2: :crazy2: :rotfl2: :crazy2: :rotfl2:

I am happy for them --- They deserve one another!!! Hopefully someone good will be spared their lying Cr*P!

rosiejo said:
I made them in photoimpact - I made an image 6x4 then copied in the clip art and resized it - then I used the text tool to write the name. If I made my own borders I would use the text tool four times - one for each edge - or I used the stamp tool and just stamped something round the edges - or I cheated altogether and selected the frame option from the right hand toolbar and just picked a frame that I liked - there are heaps of colours and designs there.

let us know how you get on :goodvibes

Thanks Clare. I use Jasc Photoshop but I figured it out. I think these two programs must be real similar. I will try to post pics soon.

UP Disney said:
Yep. You got it. So what is a Troll? Remember we are talking Michigan lingo.

Are there any other DDA's that live in Michigan's Northern Lower Peninsula, Michigan's Upper Peninsula or northern Wisconsin? (I'm 2 miles from the Wisconsin border in Michigan's Upper Peninsula).

Just escaped from 3 long cold years in the Detroit area! :rotfl: Enjoying "winter" in the South! Never heard of either of these terms. Then again, I had lived in MI for 3 months before I discoved the UP was part of Michigan!!! :confused3

Tammi67 said:
I can't wait for your report on EE!
I'll be sure to come and tell you how it is! DH just got home (away on business all week) so I gotta go tell him I booked us 2 nights instead of 1! He loves Disney as much as I do (and yes, he'll wear shirts I make!) so he'll be excited....especially with the deal we got!

tink2020 said:
Hey .... does anyone know if they sell graduation ears year round? Or just certain times of the year?

I meant to ask when we were there and forgot..... but I really need to get ahold of them if possible by May :goodvibes

ETA: and even if they aren't in the parks, can Merchandising get them? or just things available at the current time?
i wanna know too. graduating in december and would love some.

rosiejo said:
What bus is this? The one at Epcot? It was there in November - when the park opened... is there another bus?
The character bus used to go around World Showcase lagoon several times each day. But, they always had problems during peak times.....hard to get the bus through big crowds, and then too many people in line and lots of people left unhappy since they didn't get to see the characters since they don't stick around very long. Right before the holidays they discontinued the bus and turned part of one of the Innoventions buildings into a meet-and-greet area called "Character Connection". There were 2 sides, each with 3 characters, and there was an additional character in the exit. They were testing this for response and how many more people could see characters.....and would make a decision at a later date whether or not to bring back the bus.

I know! I liked the bus, too!

Princess Nancy said:
Just escaped from 3 long cold years in the Detroit area! :rotfl: Enjoying "winter" in the South! Never heard of either of these terms. Then again, I had lived in MI for 3 months before I discoved the UP was part of Michigan!!! :confused3

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Doesn't surprise me. I was born in Michigan and raised down by Detroit (Brighton) until 8th grade. I didn't know about the Yooper/Troll terms until I moved to the UP. It is especially popular at the three Universities in the UP.

Michigan got the Upper Peninsula when it gained statehood. Ohio & Michigan were fighting over the Toledo strip which ended up going to Ohio. Michigan got the UP in a settlement. I think Michigan got the better deal! They used to have to take boats across from the Lower Peninsula to the Upper Peninsula until the bridge opened in November of 1957.

lovespoohbear said:
i wanna know too. graduating in december and would love some.
I *think* they have them year round at Le Chapeau on Main St. at MK.
I will most certainly be there at least one day 2 weekends from now (Jan 27-29). If you need them, PM me how many, if you want me to just check or go ahead and buy, if you need personalization (they now charge extra for that...$2 for the thin hats (regular ears) and $7 for the thick ones (like the Christmas ones...why I didn't get names on ours :( ), etc. I'll be happy to check for you or purchase and mail, whatever. :)

Don't want to have a long list, but if there's something you need/want from WDW, let me know via PM and I'll see if I can't get it this trip or next. We're there about every other weekends so there's lots of chances for me to look. But, we only do 1 park each day, unless we're staying overnight, so it might have to wait until we get back to that park. Just consider me your personal Disney shopper! :teeth:

I think this is the final design for our family design. DH thought it was too busy with the castle (don't let him know that I agree). What do you think? Any enhancements I could make?

WDWFamily.jpg

Thanks Kate for the letter/character idea.

UP Disney said:
I think this is the final design for our family design. DH thought it was too busy with the castle (don't let him know that I agree). What do you think? Any enhancements I could make?

WDWFamily.jpg

Thanks Kate for the letter/character idea.

That looks great! :goodvibes

Steamboat Marti said:

Those headaches are the WORST!!! Rest up and feel better soon!!

UP Disney said:

I like the design a lot...if you had time and some pics you add yourselves to it...I threw 2 of my kids in...
Either way...looks great! :teeth:
m2.jpg

thanks everybody for the birthday wishes yesterday. had a good one. went to a hockey game with family and some friends. even made a shirt for me to wear. i show pictures later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter