The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: YAY!!! So excited to see this report has started!

Love this pic of the two of you!

Casey may come in a kid size package, but her palate is better than most adults.
After having read all your DTRs, I absolutely agree with this (myself included on the list of most adults) :laughing::worship:

Can't wait to read about all your dirty dozen fun! And so happy you three finally made it back to Disney. I still haven't returned yet myself, and I'm slowly dying inside :sad::laughing:

Yay, bring on the tipsy notes! Jiko and Nomad are our favorites too - where did you get those shirts?! We were at the Swan at the same time as you, wonder if we crossed paths?! I love how convenient the location is for so many great eats, either by foot or skyliner!

Don’t worry this not a report on a 1960’s Charles Bronson World War II flick or a list of fruits and vegetables that contain the most pesticides (which when I googled said WWII flick I found out is apparently a thing). Nope this is my 12th dining report and what better way to celebrate than a dozen days of drinking and dining in Disney.

Most families go to Disney World for the parks and the rides but if you’ve read any of my previous dining reports you know that for our family food is the real magic.
View attachment 592069
Well maybe we have a wee bit o fun in the parks too, but what we are gonna eat and drink is the cornerstone of our Disney days. So rather than tell you what our favorite rides are or which character we love best, I thought we’d kick off this dirty dozen report with our favorite Disney eats.

So hi I’m Kari. I like pina colada’s, getting caught in the rain, Nomad’s Lounge, and all the Disney drinks.
View attachment 592070
My favorite restaurant is Jiko (though if it doesn’t open back up soon Topolino’s is ready to unseat it). My favorite Disney bar is Nomad Lounge and my fav drink is anything on their menu (with the Annapurna Zing usually out tipping the rest of the competition). I’ve never met a snack I didn’t like, but I’m salty gal so a Mickey Pretzel is probably my favorite. And did I mention Nomad Lounge?
View attachment 592071

That handsome man twinning with me is my hubby Jason. He’s not into yoga and thankfully has more than half a brain.
View attachment 592073
Jason’s list of favorites is gonna read a lot like mine with Jiko and Nomad’s topping his list. As far as snacks go this man o’mine loves himself a dole whip but that only barely eclipses his love for anything laden with sugar (or beer).

Last but certainly not least is our fun loving 10 year old, Casey, who is most definitely not into health food or the dunes on the cape. Casey may come in a kid size package, but her palate is better than most adults. She has made it very clear she does not like “kids food” so don’t even think about asking her if she wants a kids menu.
View attachment 592074

After not one, but two stellar meals this trip Casey’s favorite restaurant is Topolino’s. As far as bars go she's not a huge fan but begrudgingly says Oga’s Cantina and their bubbling concoction known as the Carbon Freeze are her fas. And being her father’s daughter she’s a dole whip fiend.
View attachment 592075

So now that you know who we are a few other details. We were in Disney World from 20 June – 1 July staying at The Swan for the first time. Yep a dozen glorious days! We ended the trip with 5 more days visiting our best friends in Savannah which meant - thanks to an unexpected new federal holiday - I was away from work for an even more glorious 18 days. After being essential for most of the pandemic I most definitely needed the break and break we did.
View attachment 592077 View attachment 592076

As far as dining we don’t usually make ADRs and prefer to let our rumbling bellies dictate where we eat, but with limited restaurants and capacity we bit the ADR bullet. Not only was I up at 7 am 60 days in advance, I am even more ashamed to admit that I went into the trip with over 30 reservations! I'll blame it on wanting options but in reality after almost 2 years away I might have been just a tinge obsessed. Good (or bad) news is I’d say only a third of those reservations actually stuck.

So there you have it. Much to the chagrin of my waistline and liver a dozen days of Disney Drinking and Dining are on the horizon. So pour yourself a drink and get ready for the Dirty Dozen. Cheers!
View attachment 592078
I am so excited to see you back with another trip report! Looking forward to a fun time!

I literally did a little jump in my chair when I saw that you were doing a new dining report!! Can't wait to read--especially since I will have ADRs to do in a couple of months (Dec holiday/anniversary trip)!!!

Always love reading your reports and eager to hear how your stay was at the Swan!
Thanks so much. We really enjoyed the Swan. Price was right, room fantastic, and ya can't beat the price.

Whooo Hoooo! I love your reports! Staying at Swan in Feb for first time. Can't wait to hear how you liked it!
I'll sprinkle in some thoughts on the hotel but I wrote up a quick review here. Good news for you is we loved it!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-739#post-63166438

I’ve been waiting for this! Can’t wait to hear about all the Disney deliciousness!
Hi there PEI lady. Thanks for joining in from vacation. Hope you are having a fabulous time!

You do THE BEST foodie trip reports, can't wait for this one!
Wow, thank you so much!!!

I've been waiting for this too! Excited that you have begun it and can't wait to hear all about your eating and drinking in the world!
Hi Amy!!! Thanks for eating and drinking along with me again.

I’m so excited for this!!!!
Me too! Now if I can only get something besides the opening written :D

Woo Hoo another delicious boozy escapade...can't wait to read more.
Did you read ahead? Pretty sure delicious and boozy summed it up perfectly :-)

Joining the fun!
:welcome:

excited to read your reviews.
Thanks so much!

So excited for another one of your reports. One more sign of things getting back to normal! Bring on the tipsy notes!!
Maybe not completely normal yet, but hopefully pretty darn close.

I've been waiting for this!
Me and you both lady. Me and you both. Miss you :love:

Eeeeekkkk! So happy to see you're back at Disney and we get another fabulous TR!!
Eeeekkkkk right back at ya. Thanks for joining in again!

Ah!!! So happy for another one of your awesome reports! I need this.....just 4 days before I make my ADRs for my fall trip!
Thanks so much. Now that I've gone to the ADR dark side curious to hear how your day goes. And spoiler alert if Topolinos isn't on the list put it on now.

So excited for your report!!!
Thank you!

Omg, those shirts! :love:

Yes Ms. Pecos Bill I'm looking at you :earboy2: And thanks on the shirts. You'll be shocked by the amount of shopping I did before and during this trip. Seriously taking me to Jenny levels.

So......how YOU doin’ 8-)
AND now you may continue since I am here!
Pretty sure nothing on the DIS is complete until the one and only Cruella is here :D

giphy.gif

Looking forward to reading. Slightly jealous of 18 glorious days away from work.
I'm not gonna lie I'd be slightly jealous of me too :earboy2: Thanks for joining in

Whoop whoop 🙌 so glad you decided to write another report. Can’t wait to hear what was in the menu this trip!
Hi Moira!!!! Can't wait for you to school me on all sorts of new Irish lingo 🍀

Yay! I was hoping you would write a dining report after your trip this summer. I'm here to follow along.
Hi there!!!! Hope all is well in the UK (assuming you're still there)

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: YAY!!! So excited to see this report has started!
Hi Tracy!!!!! Hope you are doing well. Miss seeing you around these parts.

After having read all your DTRs, I absolutely agree with this (myself included on the list of most adults) :laughing::worship:
:rotfl2: No judgement but you and a certain buzzy lady may have been in my mind :D

Can't wait to read about all your dirty dozen fun! And so happy you three finally made it back to Disney. I still haven't returned yet myself, and I'm slowly dying inside :sad::laughing:
We were slowing dying too. I really didn't believe we were actually going to go until a few days before. Fate and covid certainly seemed to keep us away but so happy we got back. So happy in fact I may or may not have 2 more trips planned :oops:

Yay, bring on the tipsy notes! Jiko and Nomad are our favorites too - where did you get those shirts?! We were at the Swan at the same time as you, wonder if we crossed paths?! I love how convenient the location is for so many great eats, either by foot or skyliner!
I got the shirts here: https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/user/designateddisneydad/ I don't know who this guy is but he is my shirt designing spirit animal. The shirts are totally customizable and great quality. We got some Tambu Lounge ones too.

Too funny that you were there at the same time as us. I'm sure we had to cross paths at some point. We really loved the location (and the price). It was so nice to have so many options at the resort there were a few nights we just stayed in.

Taking notes :wizard:
Hopefully tipsy ones :drinking1

Can’t wait to read your reviews
Thanks so much!

Natalie here, checking in and holding for Table of Contents.
Hi Natalie!!! All these years I don't think I knew what your name was. Keep your eye on that Table of Contents. Full of mystery and intrigue :D

I am so excited to see you back with another trip report! Looking forward to a fun time!
Thanks for joining me again!

Oh good! You're so fun to read!
Thank you. Not sure I'm fun to read but I do know its fun to eat and drink it all!

I literally did a little jump in my chair when I saw that you were doing a new dining report!! Can't wait to read--especially since I will have ADRs to do in a couple of months (Dec holiday/anniversary trip)!!!
Oh thank you!!!! I'll be right there with ya making ADRs for December. After covid last year and being down with the flu for Xmas in 2019 I'm not missing the holidays in Disney for anything.

Yay another one! Excited to read all about it!
Thanks for joining in!

Thanks so much. Now that I've gone to the ADR dark side curious to hear how your day goes. And spoiler alert if Topolinos isn't on the list put it on now.

Oh, yes, Topolino's is #1 on my list. Can't wait for another great meal there! It'll be a year and 10 months since my last meal there!

I am here!!!! Can't wait to hear how your trip was!

My favorite restaurant is Jiko (though if it doesn’t open back up soon Topolino’s is ready to unseat it)
I just saw something last night about Jiko opening up sooner than later...

She has made it very clear she does not like “kids food” so don’t even think about asking her if she wants a kids menu.
She is the best!

We were in Disney World from 20 June – 1 July staying at The Swan for the first time. Yep a dozen glorious days! We ended the trip with 5 more days visiting our best friends in Savannah which meant - thanks to an unexpected new federal holiday - I was away from work for an even more glorious 18 days. After being essential for most of the pandemic I most definitely needed the break and break we did.
I didn't realize you were going for so long!! Ia m beyond jealous of how long you guys were there for!!!

Oh, hooray! I’m a longtime lurker and super fan! I LOVE your dining reports, and absolutely cannot wait for this one to get rolling!

Happy to see you folks have been able to get back. Looking forward to following along. 🍻

Adore your reports and was hoping you'd do one for this trip. Looking forward to translating some tipsy notes. Thanks for getting the pina colada song stuck in my head. :rotfl: It's actually one of my favorite songs. I can't believe how grown-up Casey is looking! I am in awe of her palate ... I am sad for the years I lost to being a picky eater. But making up for it now! :rolleyes: With you on hoping Jiko reopens soon ... missing that wild boar tenderloin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter