The Dis Dad's Club III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the DIS Dad's Family? Would that work?

I think having the website on there might have gotten the shirt rejected. :confused3:confused3

I don't know but I have fired off this email to them:
I am writing on behalf of the DIS Dad's Club, an Internet Forum Group. We have submitted several designs for a T-shirt for our members using an image of Disney's Goofy character. The design includes the name of our group, The DIS DAD's CLUB, Goofy's image, and each member's name and membership number. Each design has been rejected but we do not understand why. We are not a business, church, company, school or a sports team. Our design has no slogans, trademarks or tag lines for any of the above types of organizations. Our shirt is not designed for a specific event, like a family reunion, but is designed to be worn to Disney resorts so our members can recognize one another. As an Internet Forum Group, we are comprised of more than 400 fathers from all over the world who enjoy Disney. In my opinion, our designs do not meet any of the criteria for being rejected. I, and all of our members, would appreciate it if you would reconsider your stance on our design. We would enjoy doing business with your company!
Sincerely,
Mike Schooley
DIS DAD's Member #335

Maybe it will work! If not, they stand to lose a lot of business.

I am writing on behalf of the DIS Dad's Club, an Internet Forum Group. We have submitted several designs for a T-shirt for our members using an image of Disney's Goofy character. The design includes the name of our group, The DIS DAD's CLUB, Goofy's image, and each member's name and membership number. Each design has been rejected but we do not understand why. We are not a business, church, company, school or a sports team. Our design has no slogans, trademarks or tag lines for any of the above types of organizations. Our shirt is not designed for a specific event, like a family reunion, but is designed to be worn to Disney resorts so our members can recognize one another. As an Internet Forum Group, we are comprised of more than 400 fathers from all over the world who enjoy Disney. In my opinion, our designs do not meet any of the criteria for being rejected. I, and all of our members, would appreciate it if you would reconsider your stance on our design. We would enjoy doing business with your company!
Sincerely,
Mike Schooley
DIS DAD's Member #335

Nice! Right to the point:thumbsup2 Wonder what they will come back with:confused3

The 3rd grade teacher had to leave her classroom for a few minutes. On returning, she found the children in perfect order. Everybody was sitting absolutely quiet.

She was shocked and absolutely stunned. She said "I've never seen anything like it before. This is wonderful. But, please tell me, what came over all of you? Why are you so well behaved and quiet?"

Finally, after much urging, little Julie spoke up and said, "Well, one time you said that if you ever came back and found us quiet, you would drop dead." :rotfl2:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I just made my GKTW donation and it looks like my company matches it 100%!!!! :cool1::banana::dance3::woohoo:

Thanks for helping out, it's way cool your company matches!:cool1:

:cool2: I noticed last night that I was at 999...thought about using #1000 to tell Don to get to work on his TR...or infesting his TR with crickets :lmao:

I forgot all about that this morning when I got my reject letter from Zazzle. :lmao:

1000 :thumbsup2

I checked again it said SHIPPED 4/7/10

My estimated delivery date is tomorrow.

hey mike, let me know when you have it fiqured out, im in.:lmao: my computer skills are limited. would you believe the garage brake ins go on in our area? every night since last monday someone has gotten broken into. not sunday night, at least they took easter off.

The bunny probably brought them so much chocolate, they didn't need to hit a garage.

Interesting. Actually, we are family! They could have at least spelled family correctly. :lmao: And, we aren't advertising an event but a group. I don't know anymore if anyone besides Christopher has a shirt that has actually shipped. We could keep trying, in case it happens to be one person out of a group that is rejecting them, or we could try something else, like the Uber Print design (Post 3890) or something with text only. We may have to do a poll; I don't know if one has been done on the DIS Dad's before.

Mine is on the way.:thumbsup2

Hey guys after 2 days we are up to $300.00:cool1::cool1: My original intention was for a only $5.00 donation from each member and we would easily reach our goal. So don't think a $5.00 donation is not enough because it is the perfect amount.:thumbsup2 It's a great thing you guys are doing. :thumbsup2

Hey guys I just got an email from GKTW so I thought I would share it with all of you.

Christian,

I just checked out your first giving site---too cute!! Your daughter is precious!

I want to thank you on behalf of the entire Village for pulling this group together to support the cause. We love working with Disney groups in our fundraising efforts. They always seem to bring a level of passion and excitement for it that we don’t get to see with other groups.

We know that we would not be able to continue to fulfill our mission if it were not for the generosity of groups such as the Dis Dads! If you have any needs or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I would love to share with you more information on how the Dad’s can get involved in Ice Cream for Breakfast!

Many thanks and blessings,
Brittany

Brittany Williamson
Assistant Manager of Development
Give Kids The World
(407) 396-1114 Ext. 4252
brittanyw@gktw.org

Give Kids The World Village is a 70-acre, non-profit resort in Central Florida that creates magical memories for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.

To learn more, visit www.gktw.org

Sincerely,
Mike Schooley
DIS DAD's Member #335

Nicely done! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Really interested to hear their response. :)

Hey guys after 2 days we are up to $300.00:cool1::cool1: My original intention was for a only $5.00 donation from each member and we would easily reach our goal. So don't think a $5.00 donation is not enough because it is the perfect amount.:thumbsup2 It's a great thing you guys are doing. :thumbsup2

It is awesome!!! I'm not there yet but we do have some time to make the donation right? How long does this campaign go for? :confused3

DW and I were at the gym this evening, I was on an elliptical machine, she was on the stationary bike next to me. Not sure what I had for lunch, but some a bit was sneaking out of the ol' exhaust pipe every now and then. Afterward, DW says "You stink."
Me: "how do you know it was me?"
DW: "you have a signature smell."

Not sure about any of you, but I took this as a compliment.

I don't know how to post links to other threads. I know other DIS Dads are DVC members, so I'm just posting my original thoughts here. Though, i'm not sure if i want people to AGREE with me, or DISAGREE, but here's my copy/pasted post.

Instead of reading DIS during lunch, I used excel to figure out how much DVC would cost me. I used the following estimates
300 pts at $112/point, no interest on the $33,600, and a 2.5% increase on maintenence fees per year, starting at $4.12 for year 1.

Anyway, thanks to excel, I found my "total-total" after 50 years: I'm giving Disney $178,364.60. This breaks down to $297.27 per month.

I will still take the tour in December, but from a standpoint of i don't know what I'm going to be doing in 10 years, much less 30 or 40, I'm thinking DVC may NOT be right for me.

I also compared the Rack Rate to DVC (with the same 2.5 % annual increase.) The savings of a vacation every year is over $130,000. But if I didn't have DVC, I wouldn't go to WDW every year, so it isn't a fair comparison.
Just wondering if anyone else looked at DVC from a numbers standpoint like this.

unclescrooge we had a bit of a different approach to the finances but also came up with the decision that it is not right for us (at this time).

We first determined how many points we would "need" to support our Disney habit. 250 points would give us a weekly rental once a year for our family of 5.

The maintenance on this works out to be about $1000 (give or take) currently and this would equate to about $125-$130 / night for lodging rates. Now this is slightly less that a Moderate Resort room that would fit us for an on-site comparison, but for off-site, I could get a 2-3 bedroom condo (vs. a 1 bedroom DVC).

This all being said, at some point I still might consider buying into DVC, but I would have to determine how I would value the point swap for non-Disney locations as this might make the annual maintenance worthwhile.

I don't know how to post links to other threads. I know other DIS Dads are DVC members, so I'm just posting my original thoughts here. Though, i'm not sure if i want people to AGREE with me, or DISAGREE, but here's my copy/pasted post.

Instead of reading DIS during lunch, I used excel to figure out how much DVC would cost me. I used the following estimates
300 pts at $112/point, no interest on the $33,600, and a 2.5% increase on maintenence fees per year, starting at $4.12 for year 1.

Anyway, thanks to excel, I found my "total-total" after 50 years: I'm giving Disney $178,364.60. This breaks down to $297.27 per month.

I will still take the tour in December, but from a standpoint of i don't know what I'm going to be doing in 10 years, much less 30 or 40, I'm thinking DVC may NOT be right for me.

I also compared the Rack Rate to DVC (with the same 2.5 % annual increase.) The savings of a vacation every year is over $130,000. But if I didn't have DVC, I wouldn't go to WDW every year, so it isn't a fair comparison.
Just wondering if anyone else looked at DVC from a numbers standpoint like this.

My wife and I talked about this a few times, and after doing the math, figured we would look into buying a house nearby, can rent it out weekly and use it when we need to, and make some money back.

Nothing wrong with the DVC, but if I'm spending that kind of cash I'd rather buy a house and try to make it pay for itself:confused3

DW and I were at the gym this evening, I was on an elliptical machine, she was on the stationary bike next to me. Not sure what I had for lunch, but some a bit was sneaking out of the ol' exhaust pipe every now and then. Afterward, DW says "You stink."

Too many of those cheeseballs again:lmao::lmao:

As a newer owner in DVC a lot of my trip report will be based around Kidani since it is our first trip there. We did the tour 2 years ago and told them we would get back to them, our sales guy was great about it, he just told us it was a lot to think about, take our time, and call if we had any questions. This was 180 degrees different then the high pressure "gotta buy today" spiel we were used to getting from time shares.

We've been paying for 8 months and haven't had any buyers remorse yet.

To everyone: Thanks. I didn't mean to monopolize the board w/ DVC talk today, where there's a perfectly good DVC board, but with JUST dad's, it seemed like there'd be less "tip-toe-ing" and more "meat & potatoes" type answers, and there were! :thumbsup2
To Stopher: I got my DREAM book in the mail today! Looks like a few pages of reviewing have lead to questions already. I'm going to need to ask for more hours in the day to review all this stuff.:surfweb: I've already cut out sleep, so I'm not sure what else I can give up.:confused3

Too many of those cheeseballs again:lmao::lmao:

People are always asking why Chicago smells the way it does, well, now we have the answer. Gary to the south and Cheezeballs to the north. :rotfl2:

Sincerely,
Mike Schooley
DIS DAD's Member #335

Nicely worded Mike:thumbsup2

Never before has someone made a bunch of guys talking about a toddler yakking up cheeseballs in a mini-van seem so classy.

To everyone: Thanks. I didn't mean to monopolize the board w/ DVC talk today, where there's a perfectly good DVC board, but with JUST dad's, it seemed like there'd be less "tip-toe-ing" and more "meat & potatoes" type answers, and there were! :thumbsup2
To Stopher: I got my DREAM book in the mail today! Looks like a few pages of reviewing have lead to questions already. I'm going to need to ask for more hours in the day to review all this stuff.:surfweb: I've already cut out sleep, so I'm not sure what else I can give up.:confused3

No rush...whenever you're ready, just fire away.

Sincerely,
Mike Schooley
DIS DAD's Member #335

Mike, this is awesome. I'm very interested to hear what their response is, as I do not see how they could justify any future rejection based on your logic.

Nothing wrong with the DVC, but if I'm spending that kind of cash I'd rather buy a house and try to make it pay for itself:confused3

I grew up vacationing in Mammoth Lakes, in the eastern Sierra Nevada mountains in north central California - a ski resort town by winter, fishing/ hiking/ backpacking multi-lake (7 to be exact) town by summer ... and watched my parents attempt this when I was in high school. Bought a condo for our personal use when we wanted it, and tried to rent it out when we didn't need it ourselves. It worked for them for a while, but not very long. They ended up having to hire a management company to help them out, which ended up eating into their profits, eventually costing more than they were taking in. They finally cut bait and sold the thing after I'd gone off to college. Sad really, because I really dug hanging out there. Even got to take a group from my senior class on a weekend skiing weekend. Had a blast!

Not to say it won't work for you, because it very well might - and could be profitable for you. Especially with the way so much real estate in FL is so very depressed right now. If you were able to do so in the near term, you'd be able to pick something up for a song.

As far as that goes for myself and our vacation real estate ventures, I'm just happy to not be the one to worry about the actual maintenance of property and the like, nor do I have to worry about the rental/reservation process, etc. Personally, I love Florida and love being there as often as I can, but if we were to get an actual vacation home vs. a timeshare, I'd rather have something in the mountains, as would my wife, but that's just me. And you guys might not realize it, but even though I am a bit of a Disney fanatic myself - we do vacation and go other places as well. There just aren't tickers for non-Disney stuff available! :)

I got my DREAM book in the mail today! Looks like a few pages of reviewing have lead to questions already. I'm going to need to ask for more hours in the day to review all this stuff.:surfweb: I've already cut out sleep, so I'm not sure what else I can give up.:confused3

We purchased our DVC Membership while on the DCL, and we waited till the end of the cruise to do this since we had a 10 day review period, and I wanted to have all the time I could to review it after I got home. I read it ALL and probably called about three times with a list of questions!! Every question was answered, and I made notes of when I called and who I spoke to in the event I got a different answer to a question later!! We signed the paperwork and are happy owners... so far!!

We bought at BLT but we are taking our first trip in May and staying at AKV. I also rented my points for 2010 and 2011, and will rent my points for 2012, which is paying for our DCL trip in 2011. I could have used all those points to get us all on the cruise, but by renting them we'll pay for our cruise, air and transfers, with maybe a little spending money left. I did not intend to rent my points to "make" money other then the cost of our cruise!!

We never intended to go to WDW every year when we purchased, but we can if we want, or we can use multiple years of points and take other family, or I can just rent the points for the years I can't go and cover my maint fees for a number of years!!

So far I am very happy with our descision!! :thumbsup2

David

:cool2: I noticed last night that I was at 999...thought about using #1000 to tell Don to get to work on his TR...or infesting his TR with crickets :lmao:

I forgot all about that this morning when I got my reject letter from Zazzle. :lmao:

Wow... I feel especially honored that you would consider razzing me on your 1000th post! :cool1: Good thing I haven't finished it yet! :rotfl2:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is too funny! :lmao::lmao:

exactly, people i think take the tour and get caught up in the magic and buy without thinking it thru. we both travel and both love wdw. we only have one child and college is being taken care of by my the inlaws. we live in a smaller home and both have good jobs. some people can afford dvc but have a hard time paying to go down every year. some people just get tired of going and some just fell on hard times and a timeshare is the first thing to go. its a big step and its not for everyone. alot of people toss there bags in the room and go all day and sleep and shower in the room. weve been to the parks so if i dont get on peter pan ill get on it next time. we spend time at the resort. if dw isnt a diehard, yet, i would hold off, theres still alot of good deals and you could all ways rent points from a dvc owner if you want to try it. just to warn you about renting points and staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom dvc resort, youll never go back to all star music. be prepared to sign the papers.
The DW could probably handle ASMo after DVC... I couldn't, but she could. We watched that DVD a few years back, and "grandpa" made cookies in the DVC oven, and i said, "who bakes cookies on vacation?" DW: "i would. those slice-&-bake jobs? Sure. why not?"

Nicely worded Mike:thumbsup2

Never before has someone made a bunch of guys talking about a toddler yakking up cheeseballs in a mini-van seem so classy.

THIS made me laugh out loud.

We purchased our DVC Membership while on the DCL, and we waited till the end of the cruise to do this since we had a 10 day review period, and I wanted to have all the time I could to review it after I got home. I read it ALL and probably called about three times with a list of questions!! Every question was answered, and I made notes of when I called and who I spoke to in the event I got a different answer to a question later!! We signed the paperwork and are happy owners... so far!!

We bought at BLT but we are taking our first trip in May and staying at AKV. I also rented my points for 2010 and 2011, and will rent my points for 2012, which is paying for our DCL trip in 2011. I could have used all those points to get us all on the cruise, but by renting them we'll pay for our cruise, air and transfers, with maybe a little spending money left. I did not intend to rent my points to "make" money other then the cost of our cruise!!

We never intended to go to WDW every year when we purchased, but we can if we want, or we can use multiple years of points and take other family, or I can just rent the points for the years I can't go and cover my maint fees for a number of years!!

So far I am very happy with our descision!! :thumbsup2

David

See, the short version (for ME) is that once every 3 years would be PLENTY of disney. Then, once the little buggers hate us (That happens from 14-20?, then they come back around:confused3) we'd have 160 pts per year for ourselves for almost 25 years, and could go to a resort, miss the parks, and not feel like we've "missed" anything. PLUS, guess where the boys' honeymoones would be? :)

Just thought I'd share with you guys... tonight we lost power at 5:40PM. This is actually abnormal for not being hurricane season, so we're thinking it's just a blip and we'll get power soon. Well... an hour goes by and still no power. So... i start dragging out the generator and checking it to be sure it's ready for business. My DW is giving me the old look like "we're not going to need that". Well... 2 hours into the outage I fire up the generator and start running extension cords through the house. Here's the priority items:

- Frig
- Router and Cable modem (for internet)
- 1 light
- TV and cable box
- 1 fan

So... I am here on this board out of necessity... cause I could just STRANGLE our power company right now! :rotfl2: What I really can't stand is the fact that there is NO way to actually speak to someone at the power company. They say 11:00 PM tonight... but I have my doubts :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter