The DIS Dad's Club XII: Oh... There You Are Perry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends.

I've been so busy with other things in the past month, I haven't had much time to be on here. But I wanted to share that my father-in-law's battle with cancer ended earlier this morning. He has crossed the finish line and gone on to eternity. He was surrounded by his kids and it was peaceful. My kids and I will be flying west for the funeral next week. And then about a week after that, my lovely bride will finally come home to us. It's been a long stay for her, but so very worthwhile. I'm so glad that she has had this time to spend with her father. She will have been out there for 6 weeks by the time she returns home. So with this time, and the 12 days she spent last fall after he was diagnosed, and the 10 days she spent with him in June, she got to spend about 2 1/2 of his 14-month fight with him. Which I think is awesome, given the 2200 mile distance between where we live and where he did live. She will cherish those days for the rest of her life.

Thanks for all of the prayers, thoughts, messages, etc over the course of his illness. You are all appreciated so much. :grouphug:

We'll continue praying for your family. It is always difficult to lose someone, but that is great that your wife got to spend so much time with him and other family members over the course of his last months. Not everyone has that opportunity.

Hello friends.

I've been so busy with other things in the past month, I haven't had much time to be on here. But I wanted to share that my father-in-law's battle with cancer ended earlier this morning. He has crossed the finish line and gone on to eternity. He was surrounded by his kids and it was peaceful. My kids and I will be flying west for the funeral next week. And then about a week after that, my lovely bride will finally come home to us. It's been a long stay for her, but so very worthwhile. I'm so glad that she has had this time to spend with her father. She will have been out there for 6 weeks by the time she returns home. So with this time, and the 12 days she spent last fall after he was diagnosed, and the 10 days she spent with him in June, she got to spend about 2 1/2 of his 14-month fight with him. Which I think is awesome, given the 2200 mile distance between where we live and where he did live. She will cherish those days for the rest of her life.

Thanks for all of the prayers, thoughts, messages, etc over the course of his illness. You are all appreciated so much. :grouphug:

Although we knew this was coming, it does not make it easy. :sad1:

I’m very sorry for your loss. Continued thoughts and prayers are forthcoming. We also look forward to being able to hear from you a bit more often after all of this settles down.

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter