The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Congrats on the new bath. DW would die without a tub, but I know you have been wanting to do this for a while.

Condolences on the travel. It's never fun, but I'd go the flying route. With only one of you, it is probably cost effective and time saving.

j

Not sure what it says about me, but I know where both of those places are and I've never lived in NE.

I did race a number of times in Hastings. I thought the women's softball hall of fame use to be there.

j

Race track still there, my DDIL graduated from Hastings College. Youngest DS girlfriend lives in Hastings. They have the state softball tournament at Hastings. Also has a Big Foot Museum, LOL. Latest news, herd of Buffalo wandering around the county and towns close to Hastings, got loose from a feedlot.

Race track still there, my DDIL graduated from Hastings College.
There's a Hastings College???

I know the track is still there. I have a bunch of friends still racing and I follow along on their schedule. For being in the middle of no where, it is a fun track. Fairly technical, good paddock. The track manager was a riot. He gave me some of the best quotes from racing. He also had a school bus that had some crazy engine in it. He would take a load of people out for a lap at the end of the day once the track was cold.

j

If you want a little fun video from Hastings. Here's a really poor quality one from our Fb page. This was in 2012, so video quality wasn't great and we got this from a friend that was there recording.
This is when I was racing the (mostly) white Fox body Mustang and my team mate was in the red newer body style (S197) Mustang. From the size of the field, this was a practice session and not a full race.

j

We are all home now. No issues with the drive. Right now the plan is to stay the week here and then will see. We are both exhausted and Mallory is sleeping already. It’s just an emotional roller coaster. now we see what the heck happens for this remodel and sometim between sep 5 and sep 14 I need to run my virtual marathon.

So yesterday was my niece's wedding, just a small affair, due to Covid. Drive up, wedding, spend some time and drive back. Long day, but was a nice time. Have a ton of pictures to sort thru, I took 1832, before, during and after the ceremony, some of the family in attendance. Here is one of the groom and bride, groom is flanked by his sisters and his niece and nephew.
118560098_3487094381312186_4217750467868088004_o.jpg

compression to get it on this site, really kills this photo, but still nice.

Today we are going to hop on the motorcycle in a bit and head out, we were supposed to go Friday, but thunderstorms halted that. We will be headed to Gettysburg. Time to start planning for Disney......

The contractors are here. Basically they are prepping the condo now. The real demolition will start tomorrow. Mallory is fit to be tied. She was barking before anyone was here. Not sure what her issue was then. Now that they are here she barks when they come in, when they leave, when no one pets her. its going to be some fun times. kind of glad at the moment we will only be here this week. We will head back to Ohio on saturday and expect to stay at a minimum two weeks but it might be three.

The contractors are here. Basically they are prepping the condo now. The real demolition will start tomorrow. Mallory is fit to be tied. She was barking before anyone was here. Not sure what her issue was then. Now that they are here she barks when they come in, when they leave, when no one pets her. its going to be some fun times. kind of glad at the moment we will only be here this week. We will head back to Ohio on saturday and expect to stay at a minimum two weeks but it might be three.
Kris sound like Her Highness The QUEEN is saying "We are not amused!" Once the workers understand her position in the home and display the appropriate respect towards her things will settle down.

Kris sound like Her Highness The QUEEN is saying "We are not amused!" Once the workers understand her position in the home and display the appropriate respect towards her things will settle down.
I think you are right on that. Expecting it to be loud tomorrow.

@PaHunter You are keeping yourself on the go, though awesome pictures all around. Glad your niece could still have her wedding, even if it was smaller affair then they originally envisioned.

@garneska I hope Mal can handle the noise so you can enjoy your upgraded bathroom! Having a nice large standing shower is nice. We have a 4x4 shower with all glass and rainfall shower head and we love it. The previous owner did the natural stone on the floor pan, that has taken a little getting used to.

Since our vacation it's been work and helping Melissa prep for this extraordinary school year. So far we got Melissa a new laptop for her to handle the workload, and I built sort of a presentation cart with an better camera, 31" monitor and a place for her new laptop. This way she can run dual screen with her students on zoom large monitor to see them all, and the other laptop monitor to see what she is presenting.

The cart also means she can shift the backdrop too the bookshelves, or the whiteboard we put up on the wall behind me in this picture. Or even roll the cart outside on the deck for a environmental science lesson.

Melissa and I also finished puzzled 3 of 10 last week as well. We have been using our not yet finished Dining room as the current puzzle room.

Now that the library is finished and the wall of boxes with all of our books are out of the room, it's time for me to refinish the 3 leaf dining room table and then the china cabinet. Those are solid rosewood inlays, so I am looking for a way to refinish and make the piece feel less 70's. The table is first to get the place to have larger groups if we ever get to the point of family feeling at ease to be over. With a 3 leaf table we should have ample space when needed.

Lately been trying to get my disney fix in and enjoy some Yehaa Bob Jackson. Sundays at 6pm on facebook live. My little bit of disney away from my second home....

Chris are those the cannon under Gen Longstreet's command? Great shots BTW

The one set of cannons surely is ornamental as they were located outside of Devils Den, on the edge of Plum Run. The second set were over by the Pennsylvania Monument. We covered the battlefield in a mish mash, as my GPS did not want to connect right and my navigator was busy sightseeing....Love to go down and spend time there. So amazing.

And not bad for being shot with just my cell phone.

Spencer,

Your puzzle reminded me. When we were at the Midwest Mini DID Meet in Pigeon Forge, there was a puzzle shop that had all 10 parts of your puzzle on the wall. Pretty amazing.

20200723_201525.jpg

j

Worked up at Spruce Peak ski resort in Stowe Vt. It is owned by Vail.
One of the mountains.

018F3BD6-761B-4FB4-B852-BA107CD31FDA.jpeg

You can take a gondola up to the top of the mountain.

A782A0D5-9597-475F-8199-7BF4892A8F4B.jpeg

this gondola takes guests from the hotel across the road to the other gondola.

451350D9-F0FF-43C9-B850-85BFFC788D95.jpeg

Here is the ski resort map

558F5E1F-5754-47E4-8F21-FE81DBB5BEA9.jpeg

Here is the hotel

548556FC-4999-4619-BE56-7C59E6055EDE.jpeg

And a little bit of the construction. This wall is 50 feet tall.

84597E66-507E-4DEC-9214-DCF314504579.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter