The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Got to the job site early and seen this beautiful site.
View attachment 440126
View attachment 440127

Not sure why there posting sideways tried rotating them but didn’t work

Vince,

My camera does same thing if I take the pics with the phone upright. Always take the pics with phone sideways (wider angle) and it will look fine then. Took some trial and error. Started doing this after the update.

TeamBradford,

Is that stamped concrete or pavers/blocks? It looks great. We are still deciding what we will do to fill in between the concrete and retaining wall. I still have my composite deck boards from my old pool deck and was planning on putting it up around 2 sides. The elevation and retaining wall won't allow the big block deck like TeamBradford's.

Ed,

Here is a longer shot looking towards the house.
View attachment 440061

And one looking back out into the backyard.
View attachment 440062

looks good, i dont think we will be in ours this year, they are unilock pavers

the pool guys did the design with the DW,

One last pool pic. Who would have thought you could do this in St. Louis in October? A record high today helped but this is unheard of.

Tomorrow is the last day of the heat. Forecast highs from Thursday on won't be out of the 70s. Looks like I'll be closing for the season next week.

20190930_172138-1008x567.jpg

j

One last pool pic. Who would have thought you could do this in St. Louis in October? A record high today helped but this is unheard of.

Tomorrow is the last day of the heat. Forecast highs from Thursday on won't be out of the 70s. Looks like I'll be closing for the season next week.

View attachment 440856

j

LOL - it's all relative.

When we lived at a house with a pool, it was open and treated until the highs were consistently under 70. Then again, here in WI, the peak of the 'average high' is only 81.

LOL - it's all relative. Then again, here in WI, the peak of the 'average high' is only 81.
I'm out of town for a few days and didn't want to heat the pool while we were gone. I'm still not sure how much gas it takes to keep it over 80 when the overnight lows are in the 50s.

Besides, I've been up WI way. The people up there think 70 degree lake water is just fine. I would be blue with limbs falling off at those temps.

j

Here in MS we set record high two days in row. yesterday was 101. However, like you, it'll start to cool down on Sunday here.

But...

I'll be in Gulf Shores to catch the last few days of the heat!

didn't want to heat the pool while we were gone. I'm still not sure how much gas it takes to keep it over 80 when the overnight lows are in the 50s.

You probably don't want to know, LOL. Our 24' above ground, bought a 135,00 btu heater for it this spring, can blow through a 100 lb propane bottle in 16 hr. raising the temp about 3 degrees. But there is only about 24 gallons of propane in that bottle. Going to have to look for a bigger tank next spring. And one drawback to propane is, the lower the temp goes, the less it vaporizes so the btu goes down. Will probably have to winterize the pool next week. :mad:

My cover came in the mail yesterday for mine. I'm gonna wait until next week but will need to get it in place before leaves really start to fall.

Until next spring...

Heating an above ground will always burn a LOT more propane. Most people I know can easily go through 100 gallon (400#) tank in a fall season trying to keep the water temp in the 70's. We discussed a pool, but I am looking at a local country club as the pool membership for next year as its less expensive compared to having a pool installed.

Heating an above ground will always burn a LOT more propane.
I had an above ground for the last 15 years, but took it out this Spring to make room for the in ground. I contemplated getting a heater for the above ground because one of the reasons I pulled it out was I couldn't keep the heat in it. I had solar covers, but the pool was in the shade after about 1pm. If it rained or got cool (70 or below) at night, I would loose a couple of degrees. Several days in a row and it was too cold to get in.

If I had a local pool/country club, I would have considered that too (although DW said no). I think this new in ground will work out great.

j

So the weather this week was, well a wild ride. Just been working and handling the issues of life. Our camping season is done, need to finish winterizing the trailer and close it up.
Today DW stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up some of the new Coke with cinnamon. It is an interesting flavor, not too bad. Not sure it will replace my Coke Vanilla.

So the weather this week was, well a wild ride. Just been working and handling the issues of life. Our camping season is done, need to finish winterizing the trailer and close it up.
Today DW stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up some of the new Coke with cinnamon. It is an interesting flavor, not too bad. Not sure it will replace my Coke Vanilla.
Just packed 2×12 sprite,2×12diete coke,2×12diete root beer, 2×12 ginger ale ,24 power aid, 12 bottles tequila+mixer (trick or drink), 3 cases of wine and 1 bottle of water. Ready to roll.

Might be a little too much cinnamon, but maybe mix with Fireball whiskey?
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I was just thinking the exact same thing!! Humm, wonder if that would be too much cinnamon? LOL, Although, fireball is pretty good in coke Vanilla too. :worship::cool1:

Our camping season is done, need to finish winterizing the trailer and close it up.

As long as I never see 'pumpkin spice' coke its ok. I been watching the weather, no hard freeze on the horizon for us yet and one event first weekend of November. After that its winterize and shut down for the season.

Just packed 2×12 sprite,2×12diete coke,2×12diete root beer, 2×12 ginger ale ,24 power aid, 12 bottles tequila+mixer (trick or drink), 3 cases of wine and 1 bottle of water. Ready to roll.

I am not sure if that's enough wine....

If I had a local pool/country club, I would have considered that too (although DW said no). I think this new in ground will work out great.

Short term this would work for us since we just bought the house this year and we have a wedding to pay for. If all the numbers look as good as they seem to be its a little more then running a pool for the season and paying for one. Something we plan to discuss after the wedding before next summer so the girls have a pool to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter