The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

LOL it's not that I would be afraid to wear them more that I don't really have a lot of occasions to wear them. I usually wear pretty dresses to work but I don't think they would be work appropriate.

LOL! I know, I could not wear them to work either.

I am 60, so where I would wear the dresses is probably different than a lot of women, but I would be comfortable wearing one to a casual brunch with my family, or at home if I had a "special" occasion. I like dresses in the Summer so I might try too find a reason to wear one. I will admit that I would most likely have my dress in my "special never to be worn outside of WDW" side of the closet, next to my most amazing Tink Jeans, which I love and do not want to get worn out.

If I showed that orange bird dress to DD15, her head would explode! But at $118, I guess that's going to be a no go for me. She just won't wear it enough for that price. Although I might seriously have considered that tiki room dress to wear on our anniversary in Hawaii :/

I saw the pictures online and just love the tiki dress, which I read here was sold out.. I am curious how well they will keep this place stocked?? I have already planned in my head now to check this place out. The prices are insane,but to be honest, If the tiki dress was there and fit well, I 'd go and buy it.. we are there in the fall and I can see people buying stuff for te MNSSHP.. I am worried about stock.

LOL it's not that I would be afraid to wear them more that I don't really have a lot of occasions to wear them. I usually wear pretty dresses to work but I don't think they would be work appropriate.

Do you ever go out to eat anywhere sort of nice? I think with a cardigan, it would be great for church. Or maybe you are just going to have to go on a cruise:)

I saw the pictures online and just love the tiki dress, which I read here was sold out.. I am curious how well they will keep this place stocked?? I have already planned in my head now to check this place out. The prices are insane,but to be honest, If the tiki dress was there and fit well, I 'd go and buy it.. we are there in the fall and I can see people buying stuff for te MNSSHP.. I am worried about stock.

The prices are high, but they aren't that terrible if you look at some of the chain clothing stores. A similar dress from Banana Republic, Chico's, Ann Taylor, or Boden would be as much or more. Plus, since it's not something you wear all the time, it will last many years. I want to try the tiki dress too. My only concern is if it hides my bra. I might have to add some straps for that. There are some companies that will buy stuff from the parks for you, but then trying it on and possibly returning it would be impossible.

The dresses are adorable--definitely a very specific style. Part of what I like about Dapper Days is seeing all the unique and individual takes on the era. The dresses are fantastic.
I guess you need to look at this like you do with Disney T-shirts. You see many of the same all over the parks. Something different about a dress though. It's always a bit odd seeing "your" dress on another woman, but hey, it happens. But seeing hundreds of other women in the exact same dress? That's a little weird to me.

I'm sure we'll see these dresses walking all over the parks. Not sure if they will get much wear out of Disney. Some patterns are more subtle than the others. I think it would be fun for a nice dinner out on property.

Does anyone know how to get a dress if I am not going to Disney anytime soon? Need need need the ToT dress

I want the Chip handbag!! Hope they still have them when I go in June! And the tiki dress of course! Glad to know they have a dressing room!

I want the tiki room dress! I hope they keep it well stocked once they see which are the most popular!

Any pictures to share? :flower3:

the purse groups on fb have exploded with these things. I am dying for a tiki room dress as well too but I am not back to Disney for another 11 months and would like to try it on. I will be there for a few days before a cruise so it would be awesome to be able to buy that dress to wear to dinner one night on the cruise (nothing formal, it's just a 4-night). I don't wear dresses a whole lot in general and I hate my arms but almost all of those styles would look very cute with a cardigan/shrug so I will just be prepared. If you are ok wearing an all over floral print to brunch or something, this is no different IMO.

We'll see what's doing in a year though, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter