The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja

i wish i could make my very own flat :confused: but im clueless when it comes 2 that kind of stuff!!!

im lookin 4ward 2 many more adventures!!! it makes me :) so much!!!

Like your newest pics. It must be so fun to take adventures with those flats :)

Btw hope you get better Ninja :hug:

:hug: Feel better soon, Ninja.

I'm loving these flat adventures. Makes me actually want to take my flat out and take some pics! :)

Poor Weird, he looks like he fell asleep watching Alias. :rotfl:

In real life, I got Weird to watch Alias. Hehe. Cuz I talked about it ALL the time. Most guys I know have issues with Alias because of the "girl power."

Oh my! Ninja and Tink both have a soft spot for Vaughn :lovestruc ;)

I drooled when I saw him in that picture :rotfl:

WOOT! It's so great to find someone else who shares my appreciation for Vaughn. And though Michael Vartan is quite the hottie, I particularly like him as Vaughn. Do you recognize that episode? It's the one where Vaughn's pretending to be a priest because they need to find Ice-5 and he's trying to get info out of Kiera McKlane (sp?).

So about that autograph...

Haha, is it just me? I don't see the resemblance. Maybe cuz I've seen Weird too many times in my life ...

i wish i could make my very own flat :confused: but im clueless when it comes 2 that kind of stuff!!!

im lookin 4ward 2 many more adventures!!! it makes me :) so much!!!

AmberDaze posted a thread with a guide on how to make flats. Take a look there and see if it makes sense! :)

Like your newest pics. It must be so fun to take adventures with those flats :)

Btw hope you get better Ninja :hug:

We really do look at the world differently now. Haha, always looking to see where we could place the flats. And thanks for the well wishes, Shark :hug:

:hug: Feel better soon, Ninja.

I'm loving these flat adventures. Makes me actually want to take my flat out and take some pics! :)

Thanks! :hug: That's what Weird and I are hoping ... that our pictures will eventually encourage others to make and take their flats out for pictures too!

I had a busy day today and I actually didn't have time to take pictures with the flats in the morning. I had to things to do that were time-sensitive. I was about to leave work without having anything, but then I thought ... how could I not?! So here are Weird and Ninja's few moments out in the open at the best time of day ... AFTER DISMISSAL! :cool1:

Weird and Ninja enjoying the view from the circle window at the front of the school. I always feel like it's a porthole or something.
IMG_2916.jpg

Ninja was telling Weird that normally at that window there are bugs. She made sure to check before showing him her favorite spot.
IMG_2917.jpg

Though they really liked the view, they really wanted to go home too. Of course, they took the elevator because 3 flights of stairs for such little ones would be very tiring!
IMG_2919.jpg

Of course, there was the temptation to push all the buttons like Buddy did on the elevator in Elf ... but there aren't that many buttons ...
IMG_2918.jpg

Well that was it for their adventures today! I wonder what their plans are for tomorrow! Maybe back to Weird's school? Maybe more at Ninja's?

WOOT! It's so great to find someone else who shares my appreciation for Vaughn. And though Michael Vartan is quite the hottie, I particularly like him as Vaughn. Do you recognize that episode? It's the one where Vaughn's pretending to be a priest because they need to find Ice-5 and he's trying to get info out of Kiera McKlane (sp?).

No, I didn't recognise which episode that picture was from because I was too busy drooling! :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing the info though!

Yes, I too believe that he truly is something as Vaughn.

I hope you are all better now NInja.

:hug:

I'm really enjoying the adventures your flats are having!!!
Sounds like lots of fun!

Hope you are feeling better Ninja .

I love love love this thread. What fun. :) Can't wait for more.

I love love love that you love love love this thread :D It's fun to know that people are still interested!

No, I didn't recognise which episode that picture was from because I was too busy drooling! :rotfl:

I hope you are all better now NInja.

:hug:

Haha, even with that concerned look he has ... that furrowed brow ... oh gosh, what a hottie ;)

I'm really enjoying the adventures your flats are having!!! Sounds like lots of fun!

Hope you are feeling better Ninja .

It's very fun! Great to see you here! Now to get people from this thread to check out my TR, hehe :thumbsup2

Again, thanks for the well wishes in terms of my health. I was feeling off this morning, but I still went to work. The day was decent though so I'm glad I made it through. There is a student in my class who went to the bathroom yesterday then she returned and said she threw up. So it's possible that if there's some bug going around school, I'm just fighting it. Either that or I have an infection or something.

The abundance of germs ... ahhh, the joys of the first year of teaching! Of course, that's on top of having a chance for Weird and Ninja to get a proper education! Okay, they're not really being educated ... they're kind of just ... hanging out at a school. But some things should seep in, right?

At least they're properly hydrated when they're at school.
IMG_2922.jpg

I think I need to tell them about the gross germs found on school water fountains though ... I don't remember the last time I actually drank from a fountain ... yuck!
IMG_2921.jpg

I was wondering if any of my students would notice if I left them there.
IMG_2923.jpg

I'm sure there's some symbolism in this picture, why Weird's on one side and Ninja's on the other. I, however, don't know what it is.
IMG_2924.jpg

Weird and Ninja learning how to tell time.
IMG_2926.jpg

They felt the opposite of the previous post, which was during dismissal. This is only a few minutes before the AM homeroom bell, which signifies the official start of the day! Weird and Ninja weren't looking forward to it because that meant they had to go back into hiding.
IMG_2930.jpg

And now for a slight tangent ... for the final 7th grade project, I had them take story board pictures, as if they were planning the movie version of The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. In actuality, the movie is coming out next year starring Dakota Fanning, Pierce Brosnan, and Morgan Freeman. My students weren't very into this book at first because it had a girl's name in the title. Plus, the prologue wasn't very interesting to them, and it was a bit difficult to understand in comparison to the easy read we had beforehand. Anyway, now that we've finished the book, their opinion surely has changed! They really enjoyed it for the adventure and the tension and the suspense.

Anyway, the entire book was divided up into 4 sections and each group got a bunch of chapters. They had to pick out the important scenes and portray them in scenes to be photographed. They could have done it with themselves as the characters (using costumes and props) or with other things being the subject. I had suggested Legos or teddy bears. One group picked Legos and because one girl forgot to bring in the camera, I used mine to take the pictures for them when they were set up. Here are some of them ... (haha, I hope I don't spoil it for you ... maybe don't read the captions then?):

This is when Charlotte senses someone behind her while she's in the hold of the ship. She turns around and sees a face staring back at her and then her candle goes out! When I was reading this part before I taught it, I actually had to put the book down and wait for my cousin to come back downstairs from her shower (I was staying at her house) because I was too scared on my own!
IMG_2933.jpg

In searching for a needle to help out a crew member, she discovers a pistol in the trunk!
IMG_2934.jpg

The crew around a "round robin," which is a circle within a circle (you can see it on the paper) where the people sign their names. It's done this way so that one name isn't above another. They signed it because they wanted to start a mutiny against Captain Jaggery.
IMG_2937.jpg

Captain Jaggery killing the one-armed stowaway.
IMG_2948.jpg

The one black man on the ship, Zachariah, talking to Charlotte when she is put in the brig after being accused of murder.
IMG_2945.jpg

Okay ... so that was a bit of a digression from the regular flat pictures, but as you can see, I took a lot of pictures with my camera today that didn't include Weird and Ninja. So they got really really REALLY jealous. That's why they tried to sneak into some of that Lego action!

Craving a bit of attention ...
IMG_2951.jpg

Okie dokie! I hope you enjoyed today's pictures! I know that Weird has a bunch that he hasn't posted yet, but he has practice today for a church event so he probably won't be back until later tonight. Have a good rest of the day!

haha i like the lego pics but i still love the flats theyre so cute:laughing:

I admire you for taking pictures of your flats at school! I have a Jack (he's not flat, though!) I like to take pictures of places but at school, I'm not that brave...maybe in my room, but no way in the hallway. :rotfl: The people at my school would be too weirded out.

That project is so nice!

Ninja, do you teach 7th grade?

Yup, she does. She also teaches 6th grade and 8th grade. I'll let her get into detail about what she teaches though since she knows better than I do. :thumbsup2

Sorry I haven't been able to put my stuff up, like Ninja mentioned, I've been busy with church events and such but I did manage to get quite a few pictures! Here are a few recent ones! Enjoy :)

Ninja and Weird definitely do like to stay hydrated like Ninja mentioned. Especially when the bottles are so small! Just right for people their size ;)
IMG_0180.jpg

Before lunch a few days ago, Ninja and Weird saw a pretty odd looking creature. It turns out that it was the gecko from Geico! Bad news was that Ninja was afraid to be even close to it, just as the real Ninja isn't very fond of costumed figures! Don't worry Ninja, they scare me sometimes too :hug:
IMG_0184.jpg

Half a hero for the flats, half a hero for the real Weird ...
IMG_0186.jpg

After all that eating and drinking, they had to make a stop to the bathroom. Haha taking this picture was pretty risky because I was scared that the women's bathroom door would open up!
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Hope you guys liked that installment! I'm being dragged to another office so I gotta get back to work!

(Hi Ninja! ttyl ;) )

More amazing pictures! It's so fun looking at these!

Btw Ninja, I'm jealous of your 7th graders. They get to go to school an hour
later than I do, I'm in 7th grade right now (just got out of school, going to 8th).
So I'm sitting in there trying to stay awake at 7:30 am. :scared1:

haha i like the lego pics but i still love the flats theyre so cute

As much as I love Lego (and Legoland!), it's true, nothing's better than our VMK flats :thumbsup2

I admire you for taking pictures of your flats at school! I have a Jack (he's not flat, though!) I like to take pictures of places but at school, I'm not that brave...maybe in my room, but no way in the hallway. :rotfl: The people at my school would be too weirded out.

That project is so nice!

Haha, I've been taking most of them in the morning. I got down the hall to make sure the 8th grade homeroom teacher hasn't arrived yet! When he does come, he usually takes the elevator so I can hear the door close. Then I pretend that I was working all along :rolleyes1

I actually wanted to take a picture of my flats in the midst of diorama projects that the kids did for Social Studies. They're out in the hallway on display, but this was during lunch and that teacher was just down the hall ... I didn't risk it! I've gotta make sure I get them on Monday in the morning!

Ninja, do you teach 7th grade?

Yes, I do. I teach 6th-8th ELA (English Language Arts, so that's vocabulary, grammar, and literature) as well as 6th grade Math. I work at a private school so that's why I have so many classes as opposed to just teaching just one grade and class throughout the day (like teaching 6th grade math all day ... though that would be a LOT easier and a LOT less work!). I particularly like the 7th graders because they're my homeroom class. They're very protective of me as I am of them. Many of them come from difficult home situations so I'm really happy that I can be their HR teacher and be available to listen when they need to talk.

Before lunch a few days ago, Ninja and Weird saw a pretty odd looking creature. It turns out that it was the gecko from Geico! Bad news was that Ninja was afraid to be even close to it, just as the real Ninja isn't very fond of costumed figures! Don't worry Ninja, they scare me sometimes too :hug:

When Weird showed me this picture before posting it, I knew right away why Ninja was so far back! I do NOT like things in costumes! That's a little problematic at WDW. I just don't know if I'm comfortable standing right next to them! I was terrified as a kid for some reason, and I guess that fear stuck with me. Here's some proof:

TR21.jpg

:rotfl:

I love this thread also :thumbsup2

Thanks Aengus! :)

More amazing pictures! It's so fun looking at these!

Btw Ninja, I'm jealous of your 7th graders. They get to go to school an hour
later than I do, I'm in 7th grade right now (just got out of school, going to 8th).
So I'm sitting in there trying to stay awake at 7:30 am. :scared1:

Yep, they start later, but you probably get out before they do, right? I dismiss them at 2:45pm. When I was in JHS, I remember getting out of school really early. I preferred it that way ... I would rather start early to get home earlier. Haha, even if it were an hour later for me, I'd probably still be tired anyway!

I love this thread!

The lego pictures are so cute! ::yes::

Thanks Tink! :)

And if you're interested ... I'm going to post some older WDW pictures on my TR ;) ... you know, this TR: A DISer's Trip of Firsts!

Ninja,

I have to get to class at 7:30 and I leave at 2:45 on the bus (second run) It's most likely because your in a private school?

AHHHH! I have to say, isn't Ninja so cute?!?! Haha, and I'm not being biased or anything like that ;)

Quick note, we'll be going to Six Flags so it looks like the flats will be joining us for quite an adventure! Safari Zone! Wooot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter