The free dining plan is making me nuts!!

I think the DDP takes less work than what I usually plan. We usually have two TS each day. Always a TS for dinner and then I either schedule a TS breakfast or lunch each day. That takes a lot of planning because you have to figure what park you will be in. Major stress here. We only eat two meals a day although if someone wants a snack or a donut etc we buy that too.

This year if I buy the DDP I only have to make ressies for dinner. Wow that is easy! Don't need to figure our park schedule! :thumbsup2 We will probably dine more in Epcot for CS because we stay at the BC Villas. I may schedule one or two TS oop for lunch or breakfast though. We are average eaters and I am concerned this is going to be way too much food for us(except for teenage son who is always hungry) We are not fans of CS but are thinking of trying it in Dec. I do like the thoughts of not planning my park schedule so early:) I also have decided to give away a couple of our desserts each night to the people that are sitting near us. Random acts of kindness and good for our waistlines too:) :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Let's start a donate dessert and/or appetizer to a disney vacationer program :love: :woohoo:

making me crazy too. it's just two of us for 4 nights/5 days- so just 4 days worth of free dining. I think i've figured it out though- this way we get a TS dinner each night and one good breakfast buffet.

TS
Chefs de France dinner (use 2)
Italy dinner (use 1- share)
Sci fi dinner (use 1- share)- there more for atmosphere than food
Crystal Palace breakfast (use 2)
Liberty Tree dinner (use 2)

CS
Cosmic Ray's (use 1- share)
Flame Tree (use 2)
Mexico Cantina (use 2)

figure out the snacks and other CS later on. MIght want to try O'hana's at the Poly as well, but would have to drop something else.....hmmmm

it will be my first time eating at Italy or France, so at least I have some new places in there.

I think that it means "out of pocket". Things that you have to pay for that are not included in the prepaid plan.

Hi there,
well i was looking through new posts like usual when i spotted another thread on free dinning. For a while now i have wondered ok.. What exactly is this used for? I know it is for free dinning, but how do you get it? Can you use it at DLR? The only reason i ask is because my parents are getting annual passes to disney land this year! :cool1: so im sure we will be going ALOT this year. If you could help me out i can pass it along to my parents, im sure they would be thrilled :teeth:

They look at me crazy when i know more about disney vacations then they do! :lmao: heh its the same look i get when they ask me things about the computer :confused3 I keep telling them it is not that difficult to use this kind of stuff yet they seem to be stuck in another time period :rolleyes:

coolshannie said:
Hi there,
well i was looking through new posts like usual when i spotted another thread on free dinning. For a while now i have wondered ok.. What exactly is this used for? I know it is for free dinning, but how do you get it? Can you use it at DLR? The only reason i ask is because my parents are getting annual passes to disney land this year! :cool1: so im sure we will be going ALOT this year. If you could help me out i can pass it along to my parents, im sure they would be thrilled :teeth:

The free dining plan is available at Walt Disney World in Florida, and you can get it by booking at least 3 nights with a MYW package at a Walt Disney Resort, including at least one ticket per person. It's available for check-ins between August 13 and September 30, 2006.

I don't think DLR has any free dining; I guess because they don't get hurricanes! :confused3

This is what my daughter and I did last year: We shared a breakfast, shared a lunch and then had our own TS meal. When it was time for a snack, we shared a frozen banana and got a bottle of water. It was still a lot of food, but it wasn't like the first day we were on the plan, we were so full I thought we were going to be sick!! You can read my dining plan review at the bottom of this post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter