The "Get that Magic Flowing" PTR

Still reading along :)
Hong Kong how exciting I'm well jel !!!
Glad you in a happy place.
Listen to your mother they know best :thumbsup2
Hope you got better weather than we have in England rained all day today xxx

International travel is a part of my life these past few years, and hopefully next several years at least!

My mum is awesome and I do my best to listen to her. She is one of my best friends :)

It is hot and sunny here.... not as hot as it was in August, but still pool weather.... I am looking forward to it cooling down a bit more so I can comfortably walk to work.

I've been watching the classic Chip 'N Dale cartoons..... I love those little guys...

I think I have 3 characters that I must meet while I am in Disney

Stitch, Chip and Dale..... plus any and all Princesses!!!!

International travel is a part of my life these past few years, and hopefully next several years at least!

My mum is awesome and I do my best to listen to her. She is one of my best friends :)

It is hot and sunny here.... not as hot as it was in August, but still pool weather.... I am looking forward to it cooling down a bit more so I can comfortably walk to work.

I've been watching the classic Chip 'N Dale cartoons..... I love those little guys...

I think I have 3 characters that I must meet while I am in Disney

Stitch, Chip and Dale..... plus any and all Princesses!!!!

Good morning :thumbsup2
I hope that's that what I will have with my dd soon, she been lost in the teenage years for a long time now:sad:
Dd wanting to do more family stuff now, we are off to see Matilda on the west end early next year just the 2 off us :goodvibes.

I love chip and dole rescue rangers :)
We have meet the a few times have some great snaps.

Alex one of the twins loves to meet princesses, guess he just likes pretty girls as he also loves power rangers at the min.

Some sun would be nice hear it's getting really cold.

Hope you have a good day.
update soon
Rachael xx

Well I'm back...

Life got hectic, but still this underlying excitement for my trip remains!

I was a bit sad to read that the 2 rides I wanted most are scheduled to be closed while I'm visiting (Crush's Coaster and the Indiana Jones coaster).... but that could just mean another future trip ;)

I hope you've had a great holiday and will hopefully update this a bit more as my planning picks up...

cruisingteacher said:
Well I'm back...

Life got hectic, but still this underlying excitement for my trip remains!

I was a bit sad to read that the 2 rides I wanted most are scheduled to be closed while I'm visiting (Crush's Coaster and the Indiana Jones coaster).... but that could just mean another future trip ;)

I hope you've had a great holiday and will hopefully update this a bit more as my planning picks up...

In in too :) :wave:
My always-makes-me-cry film is UP, the whole no babies, being contently married, aging and loss all in a couple of minutes to the saddest music chokes me up. But its hilarious. Squirrel
Robin Hood has to be a fave too! Sounds like a plan for tomorrow :)
We were just at the SF in October and its fab. The meal we had at the buffet La Cantina was lovely & the rooms feel very fresh. Looking forward to loads more updates ::yes:: :yay:

Hi, I'm catching up with all the dis i've missed over the last wee while.

Your plans sound great, how exciting to travel all over the world visiting various Disney locations :thumbsup2

I have to agree with Rachael, Toy Story 3 makes me cry every time....My eldest is 19 and adored Buzz and Woody. He grew up watching them and when Toy Story 3 came out he was about Andy's age.....all those wonderful memories - oops crying again! Princess and the Frog is fab, as is Tangled and Frozen - love the new films :thumbsup2

I always hanker over the classics too - Cinderella is just perfect :lovestruc

A small tip re booking DLP - choose the dlp website from whichever country has the best discount. When it comes to the booking page leave the country as whatever it says. Fill in the rest of your address as normal. Nothing gets posted, it's all by email. We booked this way using the Dutch site without a problem (we're in Scotland) and had no problems at all with check-in.

Look forward to hearing more of your plans :goodvibes

Still reading along looking forward to more updates.

I can not wait till frozen comes out on DVD have you seen it yet ?

X

In in too :) :wave:
My always-makes-me-cry film is UP, the whole no babies, being contently married, aging and loss all in a couple of minutes to the saddest music chokes me up. But its hilarious. Squirrel
Robin Hood has to be a fave too! Sounds like a plan for tomorrow :)
We were just at the SF in October and its fab. The meal we had at the buffet La Cantina was lovely & the rooms feel very fresh. Looking forward to loads more updates ::yes:: :yay:

Thanks for reading!

I also love the Robin Hood film and was just talking about it the other day with some coworkers!

Very excited to hear that about the Santa Fe!!

Hi, I'm catching up with all the dis i've missed over the last wee while.

Your plans sound great, how exciting to travel all over the world visiting various Disney locations :thumbsup2

I have to agree with Rachael, Toy Story 3 makes me cry every time....My eldest is 19 and adored Buzz and Woody. He grew up watching them and when Toy Story 3 came out he was about Andy's age.....all those wonderful memories - oops crying again! Princess and the Frog is fab, as is Tangled and Frozen - love the new films :thumbsup2

I always hanker over the classics too - Cinderella is just perfect :lovestruc

A small tip re booking DLP - choose the dlp website from whichever country has the best discount. When it comes to the booking page leave the country as whatever it says. Fill in the rest of your address as normal. Nothing gets posted, it's all by email. We booked this way using the Dutch site without a problem (we're in Scotland) and had no problems at all with check-in.

Look forward to hearing more of your plans :goodvibes

thanks for reading and sharing! I know so many people who love the Toy Story franchise, and the third one did make me cry too.

Also thanks for the tip about booking on other country's sites! Now I know!

I know I will hit a Disney park next year, (I had my principal get me the early dates for vacation time) Just not sure which one... might be Paris again, or Orlando or Hong Kong.... heck I might even price out California while I'm at it!

Hey everyone!

I am totally getting back into the excitement zone for this trip!!

It's all I can think about at work lately, but I am finding a better balance.

So today I want to talk about (and hear some input perhaps) about restaurants!

I have been reading menus and reviews for the past couple of months, and have narrowed down my choices.

First up the numbers

I should have 4 lunches and 4 dinners total.

At the top of my wish list would be:

Blue Lagoon (absolute must!)
Walts (strong contender)
Planet Hollywood/Rainforest Cafe (will only do one of these since I have them both back home and have been many times, but the menus here look different)
California Grill (depends on my mood and wallet)

I am planning on doing at least 2 of the above (well Blue Lagoon and one more)

Then I have some secondary choices
Lucky Nugget
Cowboy cookout or Last chance
Blockbuster Cafe (mainly for the pirates!)
and of course Earl of Sandwhich

I am aware that some places might not be open, which is why as soon as I get to the hotel I plan on booking a Blue Lagoon meal (no preference on the day or lunch vs dinner)

Since I am travelling alone, I will do what I want when I want!

I plan on doing a light breakfast at the hotel each day

So if you are reading, I'd be happy to hear your suggestions for my second MUST DO restaurant, and any dishes that you highly suggest from any of them!

On a side note (planning) I've started to set up my travel journal, with some fold out pages and specifics for my day to day visits. I want to stick to a useful but flexible schedule...and my park visits will be flip flopping I'm sure to hit the couple of rides that are currently closed some days but open others on my trip...though I won't hold my breath about the list until closer to the dates I travel, and even then I know anything can happen while at the park!

I am super excited that it's coming up and working on a countdown calendar to put up in my apartment soon (probably around the 50 days left mark)

Thanks for reading!

I think the closures for your dates are up!
Heres a link :)
http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/practical-information/before-your-visit/parks-hours.html
scroll down to the calender and change it to you dates! Remember to check every day as it does vary sometimes :thumbsup2

I've not tried Blue Lagoon but loved Walts and Lucky Nugget!
Rainforest Cafe is on our definate list but the food in Planet Hollywood was really good last time too.
Toad Hall is also a good option - lovely fish and chips! ::yes::

I think the closures for your dates are up!
Heres a link :)
http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/practical-information/before-your-visit/parks-hours.html
scroll down to the calender and change it to you dates! Remember to check every day as it does vary sometimes :thumbsup2

I've not tried Blue Lagoon but loved Walts and Lucky Nugget!
Rainforest Cafe is on our definate list but the food in Planet Hollywood was really good last time too.
Toad Hall is also a good option - lovely fish and chips! ::yes::

Thanks for the link and the suggestions!!

I am just getting so excited!!! :banana:

Jumped over from my TR! I got to go to DLP once a few years ago for one day (on a trip to Paris). I loved the dragon in the castle & the Alice hedge! I would love to go back and spend more time around the area! Someday! I look forward to following your trip report!

Following along! :)

:welcome:

Thanks for following along!

Jumped over from my TR! I got to go to DLP once a few years ago for one day (on a trip to Paris). I loved the dragon in the castle & the Alice hedge! I would love to go back and spend more time around the area! Someday! I look forward to following your trip report!

:welcome:

Thanks for popping over! I know, DLP has a certain charm about it that keeps drawing you back! I can't wait to go!

So it's almost 8 pm on a Monday, feeling a little overwhelmed with the start of a new semester, and felt that a night on the DIS would help.

I am itching to get to Disney, planning has kind of stalled, because it's essentially done! :confused3I have flights booked (Air France direct from Cairo to CDG), I booked the bus/transport through DLP, and obviously the hotel and tickets. The only thing I have left is trying to pick the hotel I want to stay at the night before my flight, and packing (but I won't be doing that before mid March).

But in the meantime, I am trying to plan a possible trip to WDW for next October. But I am not sure if the pricing will match up with what I really can afford (or should) spend. Especially because my mum and I want to take a cruise next Christmas/New Years. So she told me to price up WDW for that time instead (Disney is something my mum likes, but nowhere near my love for it). So I already did that.

Of course then she reminds me about Hong Kong and Japan.... so more planning to look into... (and of course I've even priced out DLP for this time as well)

Now to play the waiting game and see which trip happens... :hourglass

Down to 43 days until I leave! The excitement is getting hard to contain!

Often flights leaving Cairo depart early in the morning, and I currently live about an hour or more from the airport, so I like to book a hotel for the night before I fly out.

My Air France flights departs at 7:20 am, and rather than get up at 3 am to leave, I can sleep in the hotel and get up at 5 am instead.

I have been watching prices, and finally the Novotel Airport hotel was on sale for 88$ plus taxes and service fees, so I booked.

Also it's starting to look like a trip to Walt Disney World might actually happen in the fall!!!

cruisingteacher said:
Down to 43 days until I leave! The excitement is getting hard to contain!

Often flights leaving Cairo depart early in the morning, and I currently live about an hour or more from the airport, so I like to book a hotel for the night before I fly out.

My Air France flights departs at 7:20 am, and rather than get up at 3 am to leave, I can sleep in the hotel and get up at 5 am instead.

I have been watching prices, and finally the Novotel Airport hotel was on sale for 88$ plus taxes and service fees, so I booked.

Also it's starting to look like a trip to Walt Disney World might actually happen in the fall!!!

Great news. And its great to start your holiday one day early :) we sometimes do that too although i never get much sleep, too excited!
Eeek WDW must be amazing! One day I'll get there hopefully.

Hey all!

I cannot believe I can finally say I am going to DLP THIS month.... this trip was booked waaaaay way back... but now it is just around the corner!

Things are work are crazy busy and will be at least until the middle of March, I am glad I booked to leave on the 24th, because I am off school as of 3 pm on the 20th and this will give me a few days to relax, pack and clean my apartment a bit before vacay!

So onto the title of this update....

Well as you may or may not know, I am a high school teacher (English, Psychology and Drama) and the school I work at has started running international trips, and one happens to be to Paris over our Spring Break. And it turns out they are planning their day trip to DLP while I am there (unless their itinerary has a last minute change). So I finally told my students that I was staying in Disney, and they asked if they would see me... to which I said I would pretend I didn't know them (joking...mostly ;) ).... So there might be some unexpected teenagers in my trip! (or not)

Either way I am stoked that it is getting so close now!!! Time for me to test out my cameras (one of them was acting up while I was home at Christmas, I'm hoping it was just too cold.) and clear off my camera cards! (one is still full from my last trip to Paris)

Until next time...
May pixie dust fall wherever you may be :) pixiedust::ccat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter