• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***the Greatest Who Wants To Be A Millionaire***

dogg2727

Mouseketeer
Hello,
I have been so wrapped up in the Universal Studios Message Boards, I finally park hopped over to here. Get it. Eh whatever . Anywho, got back from big MGM yesterday and I am still insane over WWTBAM. I go up very often and each time I go there, I see every showing up to 5:00 averaging around 7 games. What's not to love, AC, sit, Restrooms as you walk out, Popcorn stand (even though it is rarely open), get an education, and you can win prizes. Shoot I can't ask for anything else. I got on yesterday as well as my mom, and these were our second times on. Pretty cool. I haven't been on since March! Since you have to wait 30 days till your next time, that kinda stinks, but I completely agree with Disney's thoughts on doing that. Don't be fooled by that Florida gaming law crap. They did that because visitors a.k.a. locals would camp out and keep playing. Hey that game is so highly addictive, I don't blame them. I have learned so much on that show. Of the 2 times I have been on (keeping in mind I am 17) I have gotten up to the same level, 125,000. For some reason I can't break that. I would like to know how far others have gotten. My two stumpers were first: Where was the saxophone PATENTED. Are you kidding me, how would I know and why should I care. God that is a hard question. Is it a.) France, b.) Switzerland, c.) Germany, or d.) England. Second one, What Anthony Hopkins movie did Julianne Moore Co-star in BESIDES Hannibal. I used 50/50 so is it Instinct or Surviving Picasso. Don't cheat by searching, try for yourself.

Finally in this thread, I curious if anyone knows any good tips for that attraction. I this any type of system or way to look at those questions and narrow them down. Does Disney have a little secret to figuring them out. Let me know, thanks

There was a good thread on the thirty day rule on the Debate Board. I became intersted in DIS due to the WWTBAM-PI and that thread on the Debate board. There are some good hints on the DB thread that I would recommend.

I have now been on the hot seat 7 times and my son has been on four times. It is a great deal of fun. I really hate the thirty day rule when you are there for only one week a year. There are less restrictive ways of dealing with the problems caused by a handful of locals.

My wife and I met a DIS we met throught the Debate Board thrad who is a past million point winner. We played several rounds with Jonathon Sulivan and his darling wife Rebbecca during our last trip. Both Jonathon and I got onto the hot seat (actually I made it the day before when I went over by myself). Our group was consistently in the top ten all day.

The funny thing is that the CMs remember me from past trips and were very nice. Jonathon nevers wants the audience to know that he was made it to the million point level .

Anyway, WWTBAM-PI is one of my favorite attractions. I also could play all day and have.

Do you remember anything about the tips. Anything really good. Where is that thread. I have no clue how to get it.

When the search function is working try searching the Debate Board forum for millionaire. There is a long thread there. Jeff and Jonathon are two of the main posters on this thread and had some good tips for getting onto the hot seat and doing well on the hot seat.

Jonathon Sullivan has been on the hot seat 14 or 15 times and is very good. I am betting that Jonathon will be the first two time winner.

There are obvious tricks and techniques that help but if you made it to the hot seat twice, then you know for example that if none of the first three answers look right at all, then go ahead and press the "d" button even before the answer is shown. The machine will register your answer after the third answer is shown and this is a way to improve your score.

Jonathon has good hints about what to do on the hot seat and he has been very succesful. One of his tricks is delay and wait to see if you get some help from the audience. The audience can help some even though they are not suppose to.

Good luck. Once you get on to the hot seat a couple time, the CMs will begin to know your name. My last trip was fun in that the CM who takes you from the audience to the hot seat knew me from a prior appearance and instead of asking my name, greeted me by name and asked how my trip was going.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite attractions. It is very addicting.

That is really cool. Yeah I can't get past 125,000. I get tough questions. I wish I could by some chance figure out a system to how they do it. How do you get those questions past 32,000. 15 Times. MY GOD THAT IS HARD. Wow so they don't mind you being on that many times. Hmmm I was worried they would shut me off so I wouldn't get on as much because I was on to many times. Yeah I hit D supr fast. Yeah I listened for the audience and they screwed me over so naturally I would lose anyway. Are there any other very good tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter