The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

Thanks, Stacey! I have missed you all! I am uploading now and should install shortly! I only have five months and I have about 20 days left to write about!

I hope your planning is going well, you are going to have an amazing wedding! I will check out your PJ as I have been away sooooo long!

Welcome back Sara-Jayne :hug: :hug:

Can't wait to read more about your big day.

And most importantly of all:

Congratulations!!! :cheer2:

Thank you, everyone! I feel so blessed to have you all being so nice!

So, here it is....continued! Thank you for reading!

So the carriage arrived and putting our emotions aside, I felt a huge wave of relief wash over me as I managed to get into it without causing embarrassment to myself, and I started to worry instead about them getting everyone else in with the size of my dress...

The carriage itself is much bigger once you are in it. When I was climbing the steps, as well as fearing the dress ripping, head whacking, tumbling or wedging incidents that could easily happen to someone like me, I was looking at the space and thinking that they had clearly thought I was bringing stick people with me in the carriage and not my dad and two nieces. There seemed nowhere to sit at all! In the back of this photo you can see Bill, our Sales Manager who promised me he would be there on our day so we could thank him :)

17035.jpg

The footladies could clearly see me panicking about where to sit and one of them leaned in and showed me where the best seat was, so I shuffled across on the Royal blue cushion and put my trust in them!

17034.jpg

First they sent up my eldest niece and I felt so proud of her. She’s the eldest of four in her family and there is a large gap between her (11) and her next sibling (6). She has taken a lot of responsibility in her family and never seems to ask for anything in return. I adore her and I would give her the World if I could.

17041.jpg

When we were getting fitted for the bridesmaids dresses that I designed, she overheard my mum (who kindly paid for them!) talking to the dress-maker about the prices. You see, before she arrived at the shop I had told her that she had a choice between a floaty, princessy dress like her little sister or she could have the grown up dress like her mum.

She tries so hard to be dependable and cause as little fuss as possible and be as grown up as she can and she smiled. I could tell she was really stuck between the two ~ wanting to show her mum that she was a big girl and wanting to be a Disney princess. So we got to the shop and she was stood by my mum as she talked about the prices.

Chase came down the few steps to me (the shop is like a mini ballroom) and said “I’ll have the grown up dress, Bob” (this is what she calls me) so I said of course and they slipped her into a similar shape to get an idea for her. She was happy enough and said thank you as always and then she got changed again and sat on the seats to wait for her sister.

Dylan, her sister, came out of the changing room in the dress that I had had made for her and it was a big, white, organza and silk, crystal dotted dress with a big Cinderella bow on the back. Her sister was twirling and dancing and singing to herself and couldn’t take her eyes off herself in the big mirror.

I looked across at Chase and her face was so deflated. Her little blue eyes were watery but she was still smiling that “I have to be happy” smile. I moved seats whilst they altered Dylan’s dress and asked Chase if she was sure she wanted the other dress. She told me that this one was more money and it was okay, she didn’t mind. I told her that my dress was more expensive too, but I wanted to be a Princess and it was her chance to be one too. I told her she deserved it and it would make me happy to have more Princesses with me on my day. I told her she was one of the main reasons we were getting married in Disney World, because I thought she deserved to be a Princess in the most magical place on earth. My mum leaned over and said to her, “you don’t have to be a grown up in Disney, even your Granny (my mum who was talking) wants one of those dresses really.” and so I told the dressmaker that Chase would need a floaty dress too.

I remember the day we went to have her fitted into it. She had the biggest smile on her face and for a girl with little confidence in her own self worth, she couldn’t take her eyes off herself, twirling and smiling in the mirror. She is such a special, wonderful little girl. I love her with all of my heart.

So, anyway, back-story over, Chase concentrated hard on getting into the carriage without head-butting me or standing on my dress, and we sat together, looking at Dad and Dylan waiting to board.

Notice my smile is about to break my face…lol

17052.jpg

Dylan was passed up next. She was still in awe of the carriage and had the biggest eyes on her that I have ever seen. She was silent (very unusual for her) and sat in her seat as my dad joined her. We were all in! People were shouting and cheering and it was the happiest time, not least because the moment was here, there was no holding it back ~ we were on our way! We waved and I heard the chinking of the ponies’ reins as they started to move us away from the Yacht Club.

17042.jpg

17043.jpg

17044.jpg

17045.jpg

17047.jpg

17051.jpg

Our ride was very long. I know that some people say it is such a lot of money for something that you are only in for a few minutes, but it seemed like a very long few minutes. Maybe because I wanted the time in there to last forever, maybe because I was heading towards a future I had waited for forever, or maybe because I wanted this happy moment with my dad to last, I don’t know. All I know is that carriage helped make my dreams come true.

So, we wound around the back of the Boardwalk and Dylan waved to EVERYONE. The rest of us waved to everyone we came across, all of the Disney maintenance crew, the Mousekeepers and so on, but Dylan never stopped waving, even when there was no one there! Her hand never stopped moving and her smile never faltered….

17054.jpg

17055.jpg

17057.jpg

After a while I asked Dylan if she was happy and she asked me if it was really Cinderella’s. I told her to remember the night before when I had gone to the castle and she said yes, and I told her I had asked the Fairy Godmother if I could borrow it. Her eyes lit up like Christmas morning. “RealIy Cinderella’s, Chase.” she said. This seemed to make her even more happy and she carried on waving at the trees and flowers.

17059.jpg

17061.jpg

17062-1.jpg

17063-1.jpg

After forever had passed we came to the front of the Yacht Club, but out of view. People on the Boardwalk were walking along and we were chatting to them as we carried on towards our stopping point. Whenever we have been in Disney people have talked to us, but this was even more special, it was like having everyone in the World being your friend!

17068-1.jpg

17069-1.jpg

17075-1.jpg

17080-1.jpg

17090-1.jpg

17091-1.jpg

17092-1.jpg

The carriage stopped and Diane (Wedding Planner) came over and helped the girls out with their flower buckets. I gave them kisses and they set off to finish the bridal processional.

Unbeknownst to me at this time, Gavin was being held ransom by Rev. Miller who told him if he turned around before he was told to, he would poke him in the eye! We loved Rev. Miller. I don’t think our day would have been anywhere as special without him. He’s not like the man I imagined would marry us at all 

17101-1.jpg

17102-1.jpg

17198-1.jpg

17199-1.jpg

After a while, Diane came over to me and dad and asked us if we were ready. She told me to relax and enjoy it, the footlady driving turned around and gave me the thumbs up….and off we went!

17202-1.jpg

17205-1.jpg

i love the way you write, its so personal and sincere. Whenever i have read anything in your tr it always makes me well up because you write so lovely and honestly. I love how you told Dylan that you asked the Fairy Godmother if you could borrow Cindies Carraige! aw!

You are beaming with happiness in every photo! its great!

Thanks, Stacey! I am glad you like reading, I am determined to get this done!

The Ceremony Site

I realised that I never showed you what it looked like before I got there! Gavin had gotten to go out and see it as he was ready a long time before me and he had to set the music up with Diane to make sure the right songs were playing for the right people. We had chosen the songs very carefully and decide against a string quartet which I originally wanted but then we thought that there were pieces of music which couldn’t be replicated (like the Hans Zimmer one, which sounds as though it is played on Xylophones) and so we went with iPod instead. It worked out so well, I’m glad I stuck with my choice there.

So, here are our orders of service! I still have about 20 of them left, I have no idea what I will do with them but I have them anyway! I designed these very carefully and the wording took so long to do! There were so many parts and it took a great deal of to-ing and fro-ing with Rev. Miller to get the parts of the ceremony in the correct order. I think he thought I was some crazy obsessed woman…. He was right ;)

17000jpg2.jpg

17000jpg.jpg

17001.jpg

17015.jpg

17016.jpg

2003.jpg

The ring carriage

We never used this at all, I just loved it! It snapped in transit home and I still have to fix it back to the base but it made for some cute pictures! I saw it in Franck’s and I looove trinkets and I knew it had to be mine, haha. Gavin is not so glad I like trinkets but by this time he had given up and realised resistance was futile….as usual ;)

170032.jpg

17003.jpg

The chairs

At the Yacht Club Gazebo, there are usually plastic chairs laid out for ceremonies. However, as clichéd as it may be, whenever I have watched American movies about weddings (and I’ve watched a lot of them!) they have these pretty white, wooden chairs. When I got to Franck’s, I found them! They were perfect and I knew they were the chairs for me! I decided that due to the material in my dress I would have a petal toss instead of bubbles as there was a risk of staining the fabric. I love flowers and so petals sounded amazing ~ especially when I found out that I could have personalised petal cones! I chose hot pink and orange to match the bridesmaids and everyone had a cone on their chair. My dad, knowing what a scrapbooker I am, neatly folded his at the end of the ceremony and kept it in his jacket pocket for me! I was so touched that he remembered something so small, yet something so important to me as that.

17004.jpg

17005.jpg

170092.jpg

17009.jpg

17010.jpg

17011.jpg

170122.jpg

17012.jpg

17013.jpg

170142.jpg

17014.jpg

This on below is so pretty!
17018.jpg

17020.jpg

17022.jpg

Also, on the front row I had an empty chair. The empty chair I had to keep a secret as I knew it would emotionally affect my mum. The chair was for my granny and granddad (she would have sat on his knee) who have both died and whom I loved very much. My granny was the most special person in the World to me. She was the person that taught me that no matter what was on the outside, it was what was on the inside that counts. When she died I lost that reassurance and it left me damaged inside. So, for her and my granddad I left their favourite white freesias, so they would have a front seat at the ceremony. My granny was devoted to me finding my Prince Eric and I know she loves Gavin from somewhere on high.

17064.jpg

170652.jpg

17065.jpg

171322.jpg

17132.jpg

The Site

So, here it was, all neat and pretty and ready for a wedding to take place! It was my ideal fairytale setting...outside, in a pretty gazebo. I even got little lizards to come to celebrate with me!

In some of the photos you can see Gavin on the left hand side, checking things with Diane!

The table is set outside here but during the ceremony it was inside the gazebo, Diane did not think I would make it through if I was stood in the sun for the whole ceremony (I'm usually not good with the sunshine!).

170062.jpg

17006.jpg

17007.jpg

170172.jpg

17017.jpg

170192.jpg

17019.jpg

170212.jpg

17021.jpg

170712.jpg

17071.jpg

17072.jpg

All set up, we were on our way!
2005.jpg

The Processional

So here is a look at what I never got to see….the processional!

Our music was different for each set of people walking the aisle, and we had themed it on movies that we loved.

So, with our few guests who were not walking down the aisle seated, they set off! Some of you will recognise Melissa (Skylarr) here with Robert! She has been an amazing friend to me since we met online over 2 years ago. I was so happy that her planning session collided with my wedding and so she came along and helped me all she could. She is an amazing person and we are cruising with her hopefully on the DCL LA Repositioning Cruise in 2011!

17067.jpg

Anyway, I digress….First down the aisle with our blue sand cylinder (this sand matched MIL’s dress, haha) were Gavin’s Mum and Dad. Following them were my Mum and my sister’s husband, my brother in Law, Dave. They carried the orange sand. They walked down to the theme tune from Gone with the Wind. It was the first film that my mum and granny went to the cinema to watch together and I love that film too. I always wanted to be Scarlett O’Hara with her big dresses and her ringlets.

Mum looked so happy as she walked down and placed her container on the table. In England, mums aren't usually part of the wedding processional and so I tried to get her involved as much as I could! :cloud9:

17094.jpg

17095.jpg

17100.jpg

17103.jpg

17106.jpg

Following them was Rev. Miller, Gav’s brother Garth and then Gavin. They all walked down the aisle to “The Raiders March” from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, played by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. Gavin was so happy when I told him he could choose to walk the aisle to whatever tune he wanted! He also (without telling me, naturally) wore that hat which he threw to his brother in an Indiana Jones-style when he got to the gazebo, and managed to pretend to whip people on the way down. On the video he says “Hey there!” like an American as he enters the aisle and we laugh so much as he was so happy at that point and got so carried away.

Rev. Miller.... looking serious!
17110.jpg

Garth!
17124.jpg

...and Gavin, whipping his way down the aisle...

2014.jpg

17116.jpg

2015.jpg

2016.jpg

When he got to the end of the aisle, the music changed and the bridesmaids started walking the aisle to Moon River (instrumental) from Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Henry Mancini. I love that film, and it’s the reason why we were so determined to go to Tiffany’s whilst we were in Florida!

17134.jpg

17146.jpg

17153.jpg

17156.jpg

Following the bridemaids were the ring bearers (except they had no rings…more on that later). Jude led the way holding Harrison’s hand all the way to the foot of the aisle. They looked adorable and it was a big deal for Jude as he has difficulties and is dyspraxic but he managed so well!

The flowergirls, once out of the carriage then headed to the path where the distributed the petals in buckets that they were given. They loved this job, throwing petals everywhere!

17158.jpg

17165.jpg

17167.jpg

17175.jpg

17182.jpg

17185.jpg

Woohoo!! :banana:

I didnt know Melissa & Robert was there! That is the sweetest thing to come along to see you! (I am wanting some Dis girls on here to watch my wedding when they are holidaying at the same time as my wedding!)

I am meant to be working! But to be honest, 1 dont care, i would rather be reading your tr than working so work can wait! hehe!! :lmao:

Welcome Back Sarah Jayne!! I'm so happy you have decided to finish your TR! Congratulations on the baby! That's such wonderful news!

Your story of your neice and the dress....so beautiful! You made me cry! :grouphug: It's lovely that you helped make the day special for her! And she looks so beautiful, yet grown up, in her froo-froo princess dress!!

YCG looks great!

Tut, tut you are putting me to shame, you are posting so many recaps in a day and no, my TR is the longest running one, not yours! I WIN, I WIN:rotfl:Not really something for me to brag about though!

Sara-Jayne it is so great to see you posting again and you know how happy I am for you and Gavin. You are due on my birthday:banana:I can't view pics at work :sad2:NOT FAIR. It sounds like you had a wonderful wedding day so far!

Woohoo!! :banana:

I didnt know Melissa & Robert was there! That is the sweetest thing to come along to see you! (I am wanting some Dis girls on here to watch my wedding when they are holidaying at the same time as my wedding!)

I am meant to be working! But to be honest, 1 dont care, i would rather be reading your tr than working so work can wait! hehe!! :lmao:

Hey! Yes, they were there, they came to my bachelorette meal too! I can't remember if I posted about that. I will check! I loved having them there, it was so fun! Don't worry, people will watch your wedding! I spotted a previous DISBride whilst I was there for my Planning Session and I was so excited! I was near Franck's and I was dragging poor Gavin along the grassy banks yelling, "a bride, a bride!" like some crazy stalker....ha ha ha :laughing:

Thank you for reading! :yay:

Welcome Back Sarah Jayne!! I'm so happy you have decided to finish your TR! Congratulations on the baby! That's such wonderful news!

Your story of your neice and the dress....so beautiful! You made me cry! :grouphug: It's lovely that you helped make the day special for her! And she looks so beautiful, yet grown up, in her froo-froo princess dress!!

YCG looks great!

Hey! Thank you! I am so excited about our baby!

Chase was such a sweetie all day (of course) and never complained about anything, she just got on with things! She's amazing!

Tut, tut you are putting me to shame, you are posting so many recaps in a day and no, my TR is the longest running one, not yours! I WIN, I WIN:rotfl:Not really something for me to brag about though!

Sara-Jayne it is so great to see you posting again and you know how happy I am for you and Gavin. You are due on my birthday:banana:I can't view pics at work :sad2:NOT FAIR. It sounds like you had a wonderful wedding day so far!

Yay, Summer! I had no idea you were still writing! You win! Unless, that is, I can drag mine out longgggger..... lol ;) Hmmmm......:rolleyes1

Thank you for being so happy for us! Sorry you can't see the photos :( I don't know why workplaces won't allow photos, ha ha. They stop us from having fun and avoiding work!

I am indeed still writing and it is 2 years on yesterday, to be exact, since our happy day! I still have the cruise to write about, Universal, Seaworld and about 3 days or so at The GF, so yes, I win:banana: I wonder how many words I have written? I am thinking about a novella's worth:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter