The Happyfingers Family are on Holiday

Wow happyfingers, the countdown is almost as good as the holiday - almost!! ;)

I completely agree with you about Tripit, I spend almost as much time there as I do on Disboards! I have all of our details on there with everything that we have planned, right down to getting a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery in NYC! :love:

Once it's all done, I will make it public and everybody here at home will just be able to jump on and see where we are, our hotels, flights, Adr's....everything!

It's also been great for putting in a list of places that we might like to eat at in NYC - Masterchef in New York this week had us drooling!

Well 25 days to go now, but even better only about 11 days until im am on holiday from work :banana: only 5 more nightshifts and im on easy street :thumbsup2

we have now settled all our accom except for the final 4 days
we booked the outta control magic show as well as the puzzle park type place that it is performed in as well as one nights accom just 3 mins walk away for when we are inbetween universal and nickleodeon, we found a gap that i had somehow missed :lmao: but it has all turned out for the best

we have also booked a airboat ride at wild willys in kissmee so we are going to kissmee wild willys :rotfl2: ok nuff of that

and we are swimming with the manatees, sometime we are going to get a day in at seaworld but we will play that by ear

cheers
gunna do my census now :headache:

wow, its reducing so quickly!! :banana:

going to leave the airboat part alone... but :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear your reports on swimming with the Manatees this is something I am seriously considering.

Now lets hope the next 25 days fly

Wow, the time will fly by now!! It sounds like you have everything worked out. I really hope you do some sort of trip report or review. pirate:

We did an airboat ride at Boggy Creek but Wild Willy's sounds waaaaay more fun!!

Just went to the first post of this thread - it was last October, 10 months ago, since we first "met" you. Hasn't time flown by.

Not long now fingies. Are you going to share your photos with us? None in your budgie smugglers either.:rotfl2:

i dont have budgie smugglers :confused3

mine are called pterodactyl smugglers pirate:

yes i will upload the photos we take along the way

we have a brand new waterproof camera and the video camera as well

there will be heaps of pics from universal as i am a little to big for the rides apparently, because of all my massive muscles ;) so i will be the official photographer and im determined to take a heap of pics, because i dont know if we will ever get back to do it again :confused3

need to pay the house off when we get back and take it from there :wizard:

should we stay in venice (california) or just visit ?

i want to go to muscle beach, just for a laugh :lmao:

so im not sure if we should stay there for the last 4 nights or stay somewhere else and just visit venice beach

it sure aint cheap to stay there

failing that can any of you seasoned travelers suggest a good area to stay in that area ?

Happy Fingers - it depends on what you want to see. Just remember - what my preference is may not be what your or anyone else's preference is.

Venice Beach and Canals is nice and all that for a short visit but it's not somewhere that I would want to stay. We stayed at Long Beach instead because I wanted to go to Catalina Island. I have pictures in the May TR, link below if you wanna have a look at Catalina Island.

Long Beach was pretty self-contained and I enjoyed the 'village' feel of LB and of Seal Beach surrounds. It felt like we were away from the craziness of LALAland. But I wouldn't necessary spend all the time in LB if this is your first trip to California.

If you were looking for the beach scene, then most people seem to like staying around Huntington Beach. You could also check out the Santa Monica Pier and work out if that is somewhere where you want to stay.

The alternative is to stay around the Farmer's Market and have the FM and the Grove at your doorstep for shopping.

princess::upsidedow

ps. You've reminded me to get a crack-on my retrospective TR. I have pictures of Venice beach and canals to share.

Ok so not staying at Venice beach then, might just find some last minute accom the night before we fly over

But that isn't the news

This is

I just couldn't take it a moment longer and I called up management and asked that my Rec leave be moved forward a week

So

I am officially on holidays

Yay
Lots of smileys

Posted from eticket (it's crap don't get it)

Ok so not staying at Venice beach then, might just find some last minute accom the night before we fly over

I am officially on holidays

Congrats on being on Holidays - :cool1:

We stayed in Marina del Rey at the International Hotel
http://www.marinaintlhotel.com/

Close enough to walk to Venice Beach or catch a bus to Santa Monica Pier and far enough away from LA craze. Islands is a great restraunt to each at and within walking distance. Would choose a Pool view room (looked bigger)

What date do you fly out ?

Hey ladies/gentlemen

Go to the technical help forum and stand up and be counted

I think I just picked a fight lol

Hehehehe

But it's a noble fight

Man the towers

Charge

It is with deep sadness that I announce the death if our beloved 14 year old basset hound josephine montrose :(

We had driven her up to wagga wagga to stay with relatives whilst we were away

She seems to have dug something up and eaten it causing complications with her stomach and bowels, we took her to the vet at 10pm and she died at about 3am without pain

Seeya later my old buddy

:(

It is with deep sadness that I announce the death if our beloved 14 year old basset hound josephine montrose :(

She seems to have dug something up and eaten it causing complications with her stomach and bowels, we took her to the vet at 10pm and she died at about 3am without pain

Seeya later my old buddy

Oh Happyfingers I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. :sad1: Our dogs are beloved members of our families and I wonder, was she your first "baby"? :hug:

Seeya later my old buddy

Sorry for your loss :sad1: she is now watching over you as your guardian :littleangel: - rest in peace :flower3:

Oh Happy Fingers I am so sorry to hear that.

We had to put our dearly beloved puppy of 15 and half years down in June and we are still not totally over it.

We are trying to take comfort in that he was very loved while he was with us and that he is no longer in pain, but the Guilt is so bad.

Sending :goodvibes and :grouphug: to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter