The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Thanks. I was thinking I’d read somewhere that some rooms didn’t have a full balcony or had a bad balcony or something, but maybe it was another resort. I read so much about so many resorts I may have mixed them up.

We aren’t typically bothered by outside noise so it shouldn’t be an issue for us. We just like to be up high with a nice view. We stayed at BC last year and were looking directly into a tree from our balcony so that wasn’t ideal.
Well, I have read mention of trees obstructing the view from some P/G villas, but not from many. And maybe not from the highest floor. Village Green view doesn’t have any trees, but of course no request is guaranteed to be granted. Good luck!

Well, I have read mention of trees obstructing the view from some P/G villas, but not from many. And maybe not from the highest floor. Village Green view doesn’t have any trees, but of course no request is guaranteed to be granted. Good luck!
Many years ago we were in a Village Green room, x051, a one bedroom right on the corner. It was classified as a BW view room at that time, but that may have changed to pool/garden view now. It had a tree blocking much of the view and I was not happy because we were expecting a full view of the Boardwalk.

Many years ago we were in a Village Green room, x051, a one bedroom right on the corner. It was classified as a BW view room at that time, but that may have changed to pool/garden view now. It had a tree blocking much of the view and I was not happy because we were expecting a full view of the Boardwalk.
Yes, we had that 1BR once too, when it was BW view. It’s now P/G view, like the studios next to it, because of the obstructed BW view.

Thanks. I was thinking I’d read somewhere that some rooms didn’t have a full balcony or had a bad balcony or something, but maybe it was another resort. I read so much about so many resorts I may have mixed them up.

We aren’t typically bothered by outside noise so it shouldn’t be an issue for us. We just like to be up high with a nice view. We stayed at BC last year and were looking directly into a tree from our balcony so that wasn’t ideal.
BC has some rooms with "Juliet" balconies.

We've had the x051 room before too. Boardwalk view. Was staying for 7 nights and asked to be moved which happened on the 2nd day. A single tiny balcony was my tipping point for the request to move.

It sleeps 4 but a 5th person can stay if the reservation was made using points.

Unfortunately there is not a pull out chair or twin pull down under the TV.

You will need to provide bedding for the 5th person.
Just FYI, we were there 2 weeks ago in a 1bdr and they sent us an actual real rollaway bed for an extra sleeping option when I asked. (we were only 3 people and not DVC members, it was a cash booking.) I had 2 adult kids with me who preferred not to share a bed but were prepared to do so if there wasn't an option. The caveat here as always is that I am sure this is not guaranteed and may not always be available, etc.

Made a similar request at Saratoga Springs 2 years ago and they sent a blow up mattress that kept deflating through the night haha...so we were excited to see an actual bed arrive this time!

Just FYI, we were there 2 weeks ago in a 1bdr and they sent us an actual real rollaway bed for an extra sleeping option when I asked. (we were only 3 people and not DVC members, it was a cash booking.) I had 2 adult kids with me who preferred not to share a bed but were prepared to do so if there wasn't an option. The caveat here as always is that I am sure this is not guaranteed and may not always be available, etc.

Made a similar request at Saratoga Springs 2 years ago and they sent a blow up mattress that kept deflating through the night haha...so we were excited to see an actual bed arrive this time!
So where did you put the rollaway? Was it in the living room or the bedroom? It’s hard for me to envision where it would fit with where I understand the new Murphy bed comes down, although I’ll admit I haven’t been there yet to see the refurbished villas. (And I’ll also admit that the first time we stayed in a 1BR at BWV, in 1998 with 2 kids who wouldn’t share a bed, DH had a long conversation with the manager until they brought us a rollaway too, which we managed to fit somewhere!)

So where did you put the rollaway? Was it in the living room or the bedroom? It’s hard for me to envision where it would fit with where I understand the new Murphy bed comes down, although I’ll admit I haven’t been there yet to see the refurbished villas. (And I’ll also admit that the first time we stayed in a 1BR at BWV, in 1998 with 2 kids who wouldn’t share a bed, DH had a long conversation with the manager until they brought us a rollaway too, which we managed to fit somewhere!)
We had it in the bedroom (by the sliders to the balcony) , that was where there was the most room for it. I think it could have fit under the TV in the living room maybe, though we did not try. To the eye, it seemed the same size as the living room at Saratoga where there is the pull down single under the TV. For example, I pushed the coffee table thing against the shelving under the TV and I had plenty of room to walk by between the murphy bed pulled down and the coffee table. If you didn't have the bar and the bar stools I would have thought the pull down bed would have fit but that's to my untrained eye!

I am looking at our photos of Saratoga and the pull down bed against the wall looks to be the same width as the shelving at the boardwalk, but it looks shorter, to accommodate the extended kitchen counter and the overhang for the bar stools.

I assume Disney measured this out and determined it wouldn't fit for some reason because otherwise its identical to Saratoga.

We had it in the bedroom (by the sliders to the balcony) , that was where there was the most room for it. I think it could have fit under the TV in the living room maybe, though we did not try. To the eye, it seemed the same size as the living room at Saratoga where there is the pull down single under the TV. For example, I pushed the coffee table thing against the shelving under the TV and I had plenty of room to walk by between the murphy bed pulled down and the coffee table. If you didn't have the bar and the bar stools I would have thought the pull down bed would have fit but that's to my untrained eye!

I am looking at our photos of Saratoga and the pull down bed against the wall looks to be the same width as the shelving at the boardwalk, but it looks shorter, to accommodate the extended kitchen counter and the overhang for the bar stools.

I assume Disney measured this out and determined it wouldn't fit for some reason because otherwise its identical to Saratoga.
The majority of SSR rooms have the connecting door at the entry way. I believe the HA rooms may be the exception and from reports those did not get the single pull down murphy bed.
BWV has quite a few dedicated 1BR's but the lock-offs there all have the connecting door in the living area so akin to the SSR HA room set up.

Thanks. It may also have to do with placement of the door to the studio side of a 2BR at BWV, preventing full swing of the door, and/or required clearance for fire code, etc.

I'm not the BWV expert, but I believe it only has the bed and the couch/pulldown, so it only sleeps 4.

It sleeps 4 but a 5th person can stay if the reservation was made using points.

Unfortunately there is not a pull out chair or twin pull down under the TV.

You will need to provide bedding for the 5th person.

Thank you both very much.
It's just a trip with my mom, sister and myself, all adults, so we will just figure out the sleeping. I'll probably
sleep with my mom since my sister will want her own "bed" lol

Thank you.

I’m sure this has been asked before, but we have a P/G studio booked next month at BWV and I’m starting my packing list 🤣

What kind of coffee maker is in the room? Just trying to figure out if we need K-cups or filters and ground coffee. I didn’t know which rooms have been refurbed or if the coffee makers have been changed.

Thanks!

I’m sure this has been asked before, but we have a P/G studio booked next month at BWV and I’m starting my packing list 🤣

What kind of coffee maker is in the room? Just trying to figure out if we need K-cups or filters and ground coffee. I didn’t know which rooms have been refurbed or if the coffee makers have been changed.

Thanks!
Any room you get now will be refurbished. All rooms will have a combination K-cup and drip system. Coffee units for both will be provided.

We will likely have a scooter our next trip and are staying in a deluxe studio (and using the queen murphy pull down). I saw in a few videos that some (if not all?) studios have an alcove when you first walk in. Is that a good place to leave the scooter? Is there an outlet over there to charge it? Or, where is the best place for it in the room where it can be charged?

We will likely have a scooter our next trip and are staying in a deluxe studio (and using the queen murphy pull down). I saw in a few videos that some (if not all?) studios have an alcove when you first walk in. Is that a good place to leave the scooter? Is there an outlet over there to charge it? Or, where is the best place for it in the room where it can be charged?

I don't know what the fire marshal would say, but I often have seen scooters in the hallway outside of rooms plugged in and charging.

I don't know what the fire marshal would say, but I often have seen scooters in the hallway outside of rooms plugged in and charging.
We don’t feel comfortable doing that. Just looking for the most convenient place to park it / charge it in the room :)

Thanks!
We just stayed over spring break in pool/garden studio and it was a k cup keurig AND ground coffee pot option! We had a nice refurbed room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter