The "Let's go to Disney in 2-hours" Impromptu Trip

BigredNole

DIS Veteran
Long story short, I have been out of work for some time. On Friday (09/06), I received a call from a company offering me a position (thank goodness!!!!). Dealing with Dorian rolling up in the NC area the last day or two, nothing was really happening. My sister said since I won't start work for a few weeks, daughter out of school for a few weeks, why not go to Disney for a few days (6AM on 09/07). By 8:30AM, I had a quote from Magical Journeys (not sure I can post their company name and I apologize if it is against). Affordable was what was needed as well. We got AS Movies, 5 day tickets, QS dining for a grand total of $500 out of pocket (we had $1,000 Disney Rewards saved up over 4 years). We booked at 9:30AM and we were on the road at 10:30AM yesterday. We are not in FL for our adventure to start on 09/09. For today, we are visiting with family that just moved to FL 2 months ago for the day and night...I get to watch Sunday Football!!!

Tomorrow, we embark on the 1-hour drive to AS Movies, check-in, get Magicbands, and off to Epcot. It is the only park that opens late enough where I don't have to check-in so early just to get in line. My DD made all of our FP reservations during the drive down, Amazon Disney channel was rocking in the car for a few hours during the 9-hour drive.

Monday: Epcot until about 2PM, hit Wally World, drop stuff off in the room, and then back for the rest of the night.

Tuesday: DHS...I have to learn the Force Patience skill, but Galaxy's Edge is where we are heading. I know so little about it because we were not planning on going for at least a year. Now, I need to figure out what time we need to arrive at DHS to be there near the front of the herds. Since it opens at 6AM, I am thinking like Avatar, getting there at 4AM may be what is necessary.

Wednesday: MK (I think or it is AK). Just a general day run of the park to have fun.

Thursday: AK (MK if Wed was actually AK). Another great day to travel with the Nav'i and the rest of AK has to offer.

Friday: DHS Galaxy's Edge in and then the long drive home around 10AM. We should be able to get 3-4 hours of park time.

Unfortunately, we have to be back Friday night for a long planned church weekend that we could not work around.

It's 3AM, tons of thoughts going through my head, and I need to accept the job offer today or tomorrow. I know I am already taking it, but need to find a time I can contact my soon-to-be-manager to tell him. We will be off to Disney World in about 2.5 hours to check-in, get Magicbands, a little breakfast, and then off to Epcot for the rest of the morning. The afternoon will entail a WallyWorld run to pick up a few trinket souvenirs, breakfast for the room, put bags in the room, and settle for an hour or so. Then, back to Epcot for the rest of the evening!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter