The Linus Trip to The Darkside or Our Family Vacation to Universal**UPDATED 5/16/07**

I too would love another instalment of this TR!

Mac. psssst over here....We didnt have any storm, just bad cable lines and I am a SHE! :rotfl: You really are my favorite blonde! ;) :lmao:

well, it just goes to show that people do read the crap i post.......

:flower3: sorry, yes, i know you are a she.

and my blondeness rules again....:eek:

Your a blonde too!? You haven't shown your true colors, so to speak. My Mom is a blonde and she gets teased mercifully by my family. But really I luv all the blondes here. :love:

Yep, another one! Believe me, I take full advantage of it too. ;) Gotta love it when genetics presents you with a socially accepted (ahem... expected) excuse to play dumb anytime it's convenient. :rotfl2:

:scared1:

Hey guys, its been EXTREMELY crazy here.....unpacking, laundry, back to school, softball opening weekend ceremonies, fixing toilets, May Procession stuff, blah, blah, blah! Not to mention bean #2 is having a really bad eczema flare up (her skin in all broken open from scratchin in her sleep) and her asthma is bothering her a bit :sick:

I will work on Day 2 today popcorn:: and have it up in the afternoon - would you all prefer it in a separate post or in this one? :confused3

That poor baby. I had excezma when i was little then did not have it forever. About 10 years ago it came back with a vengance and I scratch like that when I am awake! It is worst on my hands.

i know a lot about eczema.
Mr Mac has it and one son has it.

son started with it at age 10 months and still is a serioius problem for him.
when the bottom of his feet break out, the skin cracks and he can't walk around. cotton causes son to break out also.
his socks can only be cool max type. anything that wicks away the moisture from the skin saves him from flare ups.

did you know one of the worse things for eczema is sunburn or excessive sun?
you have to sunscreen thoroughly to prevent a breakout when you are outside constantly.

try aveeno soaks in the tub. that wil take away the itching and blotches.

hope bean #2 feels better soon.

you take care !

later homie

Tracie, hope bean is doing better. My sister has flare ups and it can be a real downer. Best wishes for you all.

Day 2 - Thursday 4/26/07 - Islands of Adventure

IOA day for us and because of the FOTL access we get as guests of the Hard Rock Hotel, we arrived at IOA around 11AM.

DSCN1702.jpg

DSCN1705.jpg

The parks were a bit crowded, but the rides were all walk on with the FOTL - lots of matching shirts and whatnot in the parks, I am guessing school trips.

This trip we decided to go against our normal left turn after the Port of Entry.

We go right and entered Seuss Landing instead.

DSCN1719.jpg

DSCN1720.jpg

DSCN1721.jpg

The family did a walk right onto the Cat in the Hat! This is where DH & B#1 split from the rest of us and go hunt themselves a Dragon Ride (or two or three - I never got the full story :rolleyes1 ) Me, B#2 & B#3 did One Fish Two Fish twice, Caro-Seuss-el once and the High in the Sky ride once. That took no time at all, did I mention that the Express Lines were empty? :woohoo:

DSCN1722.jpg

After getting our fill of Seussical nonsense we meandered over to the Lost Continent to meet up with DH & B#1

DSCN1723.jpg

DSCN1725.jpg

DSCN1727.jpg

DSCN1726.jpg

along the way B#2&3 gabbed with the Mystic Fountain. That was a first time for us - we have never seen him "awake" before!! He asked them 3 questions with the promise that if they answered correctly, he would show them ALL of his water. They answered all 3 right and he put on a show - it was really neat!!

DSCN1731.jpg

Here is where we met up with the wandering family members. Moving further into the LC we wandered around a bit and headed to the Flying Unicorn (of course with a pit stop in the Alchemy Bar).

Over to Jurassic Park! Stopped at the Watering Hole and let the kids roam for a good while in Camp Jurassic. That was a first for them. We are usually too busy rushing to get everything in and always walked right on by this place.

DSCN1739.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

DSCN1742.jpg

3 of 5 went of the JPRA and they came off pretty damp - which felt good at the time. B#2 wanted to see the splash zone right outside Thunder Falls and boy did she get SOAKED!! Seeing how they were already wet DH & B#1 moved on to Dudley while the rest of us just tried to get B#2 dried off a bit!!

DSCN1747.jpg

And guess what Bubba's Mom??!!??!! The whole section with Popeye was open!!! YAY - a new area to explore and a new ride for us.....but the little guy said "oh no, no way! I am NOT getting wet again!" DH and the girls got on Popeye and got VERY WET. While getting off, DH had his shoes and socks in his hand (he put them in the bin) he slipped, landed on his knee and cut his knee pretty good! Ouch! The girls loved it and got on again together!

DSCN1748.jpg

We then went on over to Marvel Superhero Island and did Spidey (I love this ride!) DH & B#1 did the Hulk 2X's, we all did Spiderman again and then Storm Force once. After that we went over to the Backwater Bar for Happy Hour refills of our pilsner (plastic) glasses - hey $3.25 can't be beat!!

DSCN1749.jpg

We walked back to the hotel at 5PM for the Loung offerings:
-Fried Ravioli
-Plain Meatballs with 3 sauces (2 white and one marinara)
-An AWESOME tortellini salad platter
-Antipasto
-Veggie Tray with Dip

We turned in pretty early on Day 2 - we were bushed! It was forecast to be a bit hotter the next day and we were doing the Studios and MIB for me for the first time!!

oh Tracie....sorry to hear Bean isn't feelin' well.....(at least she got a good vacation in first :thumbsup2 ) wish her well for all us! :grouphug:

YAY!!!! :banana: Glad Popeye was open for you and the family :rotfl2: So happy to hear everyone enjoyed it!!! (It really IS cool!) Beans looked like they are having a BLAST!!!! ....and, good to see YOU actually made it into a picture (why is it we never are IN the pix? :confused3 )

CANNOT wait to hear report of MIB for you and the next day...... :goodvibes but, i know yer busy, so I'm satisfied.....for awhile ;)

did our bean #1 take that picture?

she did a great job.

you have such a lovely family and you are pretty cute too...

i love your pictures and report.

everyone looks so happy!
must be the mummy dust

Love the report. The kids are absolutely adorable. Ally, my 8 yo dd, saw the last pic with bean #3 and said oh he is so cute!

Lovin' your report. :thumbsup2 I hope Bean #2 gets better soon. :hug: Bean #3 is adorable. It makes me smile just looking at his pics. He looks like he's bubbling over with energy. :teeth:

The parks in your pictures look empty. Did you even have to use FOTL?

Good report and I am enjoying your pictures.

ooooooh, luv the pics; great looking family:thumbsup2

r u talking about popeye's boat that you can explore or is there a new area? I've always had a crush on Popeye, he's strong to the finish;) 'cause he eats his spinach.:banana:

note to self, remember the refillable beer:teacher: ; assume the glasses are plastic?

r u talking about popeye's boat that you can explore or is there a new area? I've always had a crush on Popeye, he's strong to the finish;) 'cause he eats his spinach.:banana:

you can walk around past Me Ship the Olive and there's a nice little pathway w/ some things to see......(see my TR)

does anyone really read my crap???

repeat question:
did our little miss bean #1 take that pic of the beautiful woman, man and 2 beans?

just wondering if that was the woman/mama of the beans..........

:listen:

does anyone really read my crap???

repeat question:
did our little miss bean #1 take that pic of the beautiful woman, man and 2 beans?

just wondering if that was the woman/mama of the beans..........

:listen:

I read all your crap and although I do not know for sure I would say that bean#1 took that pic & that is momma bean, daddy bean, bean#2 & bean#3. If not someone needs to tell momma bean that someone is moving in on daddy bean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter