The Magic, The Memories, and THOUSANDS of pictures! Updated 9/4-"Welcome Home"

disneygirl520

Adventure is out there!
Hello and welcome to my TR! On June 15th my family embarked on a two week stay at the World. Over the course of these two weeks we made thousands of memories and took just as many pictures. I started a PTR for this trip but life got in the way and the planning process for 18 people for 2 weeks became a bit much to write about, but coming back from this trip I realized that I wanted to share our memories, our stories, and our pictures through the help of 2 cameras and the memory maker. It took a while but the pictures are finally organized and I'm ready to begin. I hope you join in as I'm given the chance to relive the trip of a lifetime.
Let's meet the cast...
As I mentioned earlier this trip had a total of 18 us all traveling parks together, it was basically a family reunion for my mom's side. But for the sake of the TR I will be focusing on my immediate family of six.
First there's me:

I'm 20 years old and about as Disney obsessed as they get. I work at a pizza place, and in a few weeks I will be starting my third year of college studying Early Childhood Education in the hopes of becoming a Kindergarten teacher. I love watching Disney movies, reading Disney books, and coloring in my Disney coloring books whenever I have free time. Disney is my happy place for when I want to get away from the stresses of the real world.
Then there's my parents, first my mom:

She's the one who passed on the love of Disney to all of us. She's the main planner in our group and has taught all of us how to master the art of Disney traveling.
My dad:

He's the only one in our family who doesn't share the obsession with Disney, but he's a good sport. We're known to drag him through the parks from opening to closing, no matter how long that may be.
Then we have my siblings:
My Older brother:

This is Caleb, he's 23 years old and a DCP veteran. He has a degree in Criminal Justice and currently works at a top rated hotel.
This is my younger brother:

His name is Nicholas, he's 14 years old and started his first day of high school this week. He a huge fan of the Redskins but also shares the love of Disney with us.
And last, but most certainly not least, my sister Rebecca.

She's 10 years old, and makes me smile everyday. This is the first trip to Disney that she truly remembers as we took her on almost all of the rides and made memories that we plan on talking about for years to come.

Well that's all of us, I sure hope you join me for this TR. I can't wait to relive my trip with all of you. :goodvibes

Now I know that everyone is here to hear about Disney, but getting there really is part of the adventure. My older brother flew there so he could work a few more days, but the other five of us hit the road for the first leg of a 15 hour drive.

Eventually we made it to our first hotel stop. The giant mirror called for super bad selfies.

After a night at the hotel we packed back up and started out on the next leg of the journey. We had a family friend move down to Florida about a year ago and so we would be spending the night at her house before making the easy two hour drive into Disney World!
To be continued...

That's the way I do it when I go to DW from NoVA. I drive one long day the first day. Spend the night in Georgia then, it's 3 more hours to DW. It's about a 15 hour drive for me too. With a lot of stops :goodvibes

After some driving the next day we finally got to see some exciting signs.

It's hard to see but we made it to Florida! We then continued to take pictures of basically every Florida sign.

We made it to the Welcome Center, a tradition for us, and got our free orange juice. It's the best.

The wall showed our first sign of Disney!

We then spent our time grabbing all of the Disney brochures...

and posing in cutouts.

As I mentioned earlier we would be spending the night at a family friend's house before making our way into Disney the next morning. So it was back to the car.

After we met up with them we went to an alligator park, I'll share just a few pictures from that.

To be continued...in the next update we get to Disney!

Excited to hear about this adventure, Heather!! My family and I leave next June 17th for 2 weeks, so I look forward to hear about the crowds, weather, etc. Great pictures so far!! :goodvibes

Excited to hear about this adventure, Heather!! My family and I leave next June 17th for 2 weeks, so I look forward to hear about the crowds, weather, etc. Great pictures so far!! :goodvibes
Thank you!! I hope I can give you some information to help with your trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter