The Main Street Barbershop

MiknMinMouse

DIS Veteran
Well after having read the article in Disney Magazine, I had to take my kids to the Main Street Barbershop. It is the best kept secret, and I know many of the regulars want it kept a secret because on our first try to get in, it was BUSY!. We left and came back and boy am I glad we did. Our kids had blast and got the best haircuts they've had. My daughter left with beautifully braided PINK hair sprinkled with pixie dust :-). If you go, ask to take a picture, they've got great props and our pics turned out so cute!! They do adult hair as well :-)

That's an awesome idea! Can y'all give me a good idea what kid and adults cuts are (nothing fancy, just trims)?

Thanks!
:D

Adults = $15
Kids = $12

I wonder if they take credit cards....I had mine cut last month and want the four kids done this summer as their "back to school" haircuts!

I'm so glad someone else started a thread about this!! I was trying to get some feedback about it, but only a few people had done it - of course all of them had a GREAT experience!!

I'm wondering though - I'm 23 and I want to get this done, but what do they offer for adults? Like, do they style hair as well? I'd love to take advantage of such a memorable Disney "attraction", but I also don't want to walk the park all day itching to get back to the hotel to "fix" anything. :p

So my question - I'm assuming they don't do like...fancy schmancy do's or anything, but if I got my hair just trimmed or whatever, they do like...braids and things? Cause that would be fun, and I read about your daughter. Could you just elaborate on the choices a bit?

You can also IM/email me at Fantasmic303@aol.com, if you'd like. :D

We had our ds' first haircut done at WDW. He was 3.5 and he had waist length curls going down his back. I stood there and cried as he got them all snipped off. (We leave our children's hair decisions to them regardless of gender) Anyway, his first haircut was $12 and included a certificate, lots of photo ops, and a pair of Mouse ears with "First Haircut" embroidered on the back. WELL worth the $12. I think we ended up paying $20 because we were so satisfied with the cut. Maura (who was written up recently in WDW mag) was the barber who cut his hair and our ds still talks about Maura and having his haircut at WDW.

My dh says if he ever cuts his hair again he is going to do it at WDW (he has a waist length braid - so you can see why we allowed our ds to grow his hair long)

:earsgirl:

As far as adults, yes, they will do women as well as men, but remember, it is a barbershop, so you won't get a wash first. I don't know how much styling they do on a woman's cut.

My husband got his haircut... great haircut and the company was great! When we went there was no one else there--- it was a slow time, September, at about 12pm. I highly recommend it! My dd came, and didn't get a cut but got to sit in an old fashioned chair and play with a Buzz Lightyear doll. And yes, we did get the picture with Michael attacking dh with huge scissors and them pouring pixie dust on his head!

Yes they do take credit cards. 2 of my 4 sons had a haircut there in Sept. My 12 yr old liked most of it, he loved the red gel they used. My 2 yr old hated it but then again he hates all haircuts. We will be back this Oct and my youngest will be 1.5 yrs then and should have enough hair for a haircut. I'm excited about having his first haircut there.

DS, just wanted a plain old haircut, he's 11, and it looked great. The man before us was retired and has his haircut there so they are flexible about doing adults and kids and do a great job with both. DD had a haircut and her hair frenchbraided, with the gel and pixie dust. They are very good with hair so I think no matter what the age you can get something done -)

We were charged the $12 for each kid. She trimmed my daughter's hair, braided two french braids at each side (not full by partially so that most of her hair hung straight, but the braids were lovely), combed pink hair gel and sprinkled pixie dust :-).

That's our first stop for DH every year. (He's 29) We love going, it's fun and he's had great cuts there every time. (Plus it's fun to have pics from each years trip)

DH (48) got his hair cut there in December.
What fun!! Highly recommended!
There were children, men and women.
We had to wait a little while, but it was well worth it and we had set aside the time to do it.
The barbers don't rush and have such fun with everyone.

Had my hair cut there recently and I plan on having my youngest's first haircut there (that's IF she gets enough hair to cut by then. LOL She still hasn't had her haircut yet and she's 2!!!)

It's walk in only. I do not know if they take anything other than cash because I just paid with cash and didn't ask about charging. They do not wash the hair and will not "style" the hair afterwards (as in drying it and/or curling it). But they do "hairstyles" for the kids although they said it was "hush hush" when I asked how much for the braid they were doing on the girl after me because I wanted to know how much it would cost for my older daughter to get a "do". They said they aren't really "supposed" to do that? But they were.. they were going to braid her hair and add pixie dust.

Maura also did my hair and she did a great job. I had worn a cap because I needed a haircut so badly on top that it was annoying me. Since she couldn't dry or fix my hair afterwards- I just wore the cap for the rest of the day. But she cut it wonderfully and I was able to fix it perfectly after that. :)

We had DD's hair cut there this past July and it was great. Michel did it and we got great photos. DD also got some mickey ears pony tail holders. And as an added bonus, the Dapper Dans were in there and sang songs for everyone's entertainment, which was just us and one other couple. Also, got DD's photo with them and they are a hoot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter