The May 2007 Rate/Code Watch

When do you think Southwest, AirTran, Jet Blue and the "discount" airlines will start booking flights for May '07?
Last time we flew AirTran beause I waited to long a missed a good deal on Southwest. From now on when I see a super deal I am gonna grab it. Waiting for DING fares isn't worth it. :dumbo:

Going end of April through first week May!!!! :goodvibes I can't wait and can barely sleep I am sooooooo excited!!! :cool1:

I'm also waiting. Not sure if I will book when Packages are released are go ahead and wait until a discount comes out. There has been something the last few years so I am hopeful for this year. A friend of mine just became a Disney TA here so I may book through her to help her out, and take the pressure off of me to keep up with the codes and make the calls!

Not sure of our exact dates, but it will be sometime around the week of the 15th. Most likely do a 7 day like we always do.

We liked the Free ticket add ons we got in Feb, but we now have more "Water Park and more" Days than we can use for a while! I am crossing my fingers for a stay X number of days, get X more free (stay 7 get 3 free would be my ideal!!!!!) :banana: Not sure Grandma would be able to handle that long, but I would just send her home early!

I thought I would post what will be changing for all of us who go in May 2007. First most of us know that there will be the new celebration going on , Year of a Million Dreams, we can all keep our fingers crossed hoping to be the lucky one to get a night in the royal bed chamber they are building in Cinderella's castle. Also, I just heard that the castle stage show, Cinderellabration, wil be ending at the end of september so in May there will be a new show. Also in MK the Laugh Floor will be opening in early 2007 to replace Timekeeper, the LF will be similar to Turtle Talk in the Living Seas but with the characters from Monsters Inc. Over in Epcot the the Leaving Seas has become The Seas with Nemo & Friends with a new Nemo themed ride. Mission: Space now gives you the option of riding with or with out the G-force, this may help some of our tummys as well as convince my DW to ride it again. Not yet confirmed but Sorin' may have a new movie by then featuring from what I've heard either a ride over Flordia or the USA. With the new sponsorship if Spaceship Earth by Seimens we can expect the ride to get some updating as well as some new post show exibits. 2007 is also Epcot 25th anniversary, no word has been made yet but maybe there will be some festivities going on to celebrate, possibly a new Illumination, this is pure speculation on my part though. There is more but I will post later.
If not sooner, see ya in May. :wave2:

We are planning on going May 19 - 28, the last time we were there was May of 2001. We went at the same time and it was great - crowds were minimal and we didn't have to wait in too many long lines. We booked through AAA last time and I am waiting for the rates to come out. We stayed at CB last time and loved it but are hoping to save a little this time and are deciding between ASSports and Pop, wouldn't mind trying CS if a cheaper rate came along though. I can't believe the AAA rates aren't out yet - the last time we went we were able to book more than a year ahead if I remember correctly.

Well now DH and DD want to stay at CS so there goes the saving of the money - LOL. I think it will be nice though - the pool looks great!

DannyDisneyFreak said:
I thought I would post what will be changing for all of us who go in May 2007. First most of us know that there will be the new celebration going on , Year of a Million Dreams, we can all keep our fingers crossed hoping to be the lucky one to get a night in the royal bed chamber they are building in Cinderella's castle. Also, I just heard that the castle stage show, Cinderellabration, wil be ending at the end of september so in May there will be a new show. Also in MK the Laugh Floor will be opening in early 2007 to replace Timekeeper, the LF will be similar to Turtle Talk in the Living Seas but with the characters from Monsters Inc. Over in Epcot the the Leaving Seas has become The Seas with Nemo & Friends with a new Nemo themed ride. Mission: Space now gives you the option of riding with or with out the G-force, this may help some of our tummys as well as convince my DW to ride it again. Not yet confirmed but Sorin' may have a new movie by then featuring from what I've heard either a ride over Flordia or the USA. With the new sponsorship if Spaceship Earth by Seimens we can expect the ride to get some updating as well as some new post show exibits. 2007 is also Epcot 25th anniversary, no word has been made yet but maybe there will be some festivities going on to celebrate, possibly a new Illumination, this is pure speculation on my part though. There is more but I will post later.
If not sooner, see ya in May. :wave2:

Sorry, I didn't finish this but here it is...
In MGM Who Wants to be a Millionaire will have its last shows on August 19, 2006. Work on a new attraction will begin later this year, but no news yet on what will replace it. Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show will be closed for refurbishment in September so we can expect some changes there.
Fantasmic! is closing during November 2006 for some referbishment so there may some changes to that show as well, I would guess for the Year of a Million Dreams, but who knows. For the little ones there is a new character meal at the Hollywood & Vine with Jo Jo and Goliath from "Jo Jo's Circus" and June and Leo from "The Little Einsteins." The meals, called "Playhouse Disney's Play 'N Dine at Hollywood & Vine" will feature the characters singing and dancing to favorite Playhouse Disney songs, this one my daughter will love.
At Animal Kingdom there is the biggest addition that I am looking forward to because we just missed it on our last trip, Expedition Everest. The Tarzan show is gone and Theater in the Wild in Animal Kingdom is now closed and under renovation. It will reopen late this yearwith the new show, Finding Nemo The Musical. An Asian restaurant is suppose to open in Animal Kingdom's Asia in Summer 2007, I'm hoping it will be open by May. It will offer both table and counter service dining options, as well as house retail space with Asian-inspired merchandise, such as sushi plates and fine teapots.
I also forgot to mention previously that Pirates of the Caribbean at MK has been updated with some new technology as well as added characters from the movie including Captain Jack Sparrow that looks just like Jonny Depp.
I am sure I have missed others and more will be announced in the upcomming months. Please post anything that comes to your attention. :wizard:

:banana: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :dance3:
I just read in another thread that Disney says the packages will be out Monday or Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!! And AAA will be out August 17th!! :cool1:

We were there this year (May 30th - June 10th) and had a fantastic time. We want to return next year at the same time.

OhMickey said:
We were there this year (May 30th - June 10th) and had a fantastic time. We want to return next year at the same time.
We have been to disney early june 2005, it was great. I hear early may is less crowded? Is that true? SO, excited for the flower festival...Any suggestions? I have two little ones, Thanks........mahalo.

Hi! We will be there May 12th thru the 17th at WL. I already booked rooms, but they said I could call back with AAA code later if available, so hoping I can. Never been to WDW before. Not sure how all this code stuff works!

I tried booking rooms through the Disney World Website for my stay in May of 2007 and it wouldn't let me. Can you book by calling?

popstar7867 said:
I tried booking rooms through the Disney World Website for my stay in May of 2007 and it wouldn't let me. Can you book by calling?

Yes, I called yesterday and booked our room-only reservation for early May.

We are hoping to plan a trip for May with a lot of family members. Of course we are all sitting by waiting for the release of the 2007 rates. I really hope the delay means good things are coming!

We're hoping for May 23-June 2, 2007. As always, subject to many changes this far in advance.

2007 rates are out. Just log onto mousesavers.com...they have all the info! They are doing it a little bit different this year. They will have four "seasons," value, regular, summer, and peak. I believe May 23 is when the summer prices start which are a little bit more expensive than regular or value.

tlstyxx1 said:
We are hoping to plan a trip for May with a lot of family members. Of course we are all sitting by waiting for the release of the 2007 rates. I really hope the delay means good things are coming!
2007 rates are out. Just log onto mousesavers.com...they have all the info! They are doing it a little bit different this year. They will have four "seasons," value, regular, summer, and peak. I believe May 23 is when the summer prices start which are a little bit more expensive than regular or value.

popstar7867 said:
There room rates are out but not the package rates. Correct me if I'm wrong because I would like to know, sandymandr reported a few days ago:
I just read in another thread that Disney says the packages will be out Monday or Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!! And AAA will be out August 17th!!
Hopefuly next week is the week, if I remember correctly it was this time last year that they came out for 2006.

DannyDisneyFreak said:
There room rates are out but not the package rates. Correct me if I'm wrong because I would like to know, sandymandr reported a few days ago:

Hopefuly next week is the week, if I remember correctly it was this time last year that they came out for 2006.
Ya i don't think the package rates are in. I'm waiting to find out how much of a discount I will get with my AP but those rates do not come out until march :( Last trip we saved about $30-$40 per night!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter