• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The most divine dessert at WDW is?????

The trio of desserts at Akershus-schoolbread is delicious, and the chocolate mousse was AMAZING. I whacked my husband in the hand because he tried to steal some from me. True story. Yeah it was all for both of us, but I warned him.....I have a problem with chocolate mousse ;)

Not technically dessert....but......the scones with devonshire cream and strawberry perserves at Grand Floridian Gardenview tea room are a MUST every trip, and have all of the componets of a good dessert ;).

I really really loved the bread pudding at Ohana, (and I'm like the 6th person here to say that I normally detest bread pudding). But the BEST dessert in the "World" was the Caramelized Banana dessert at the California Grill.

IMG_0733.jpg

1) Bread Pudding at Raglan Road

2) Blood Orange Custard at the cafe in Norway....their pretzel covered in chocolate drizzle and almonds is worth the walk over too.

:thumbsup2

From Tutto Italia - the Copetta Sotto Bosco - berries, zabaglione cream gelato and chocolate sauce! Amazing to say the least and I am not a huge dessert person.

I'm seeing a trend here, LOL! A lot of us seem to like the carmel banana desserts and after seeing this last pic here, it would appear that they are eerily similar at all signature restaraunts, LOL.

1) Bread Pudding at Raglan Road

2) Blood Orange Custard at the cafe in Norway....their pretzel covered in chocolate drizzle and almonds is worth the walk over too.

:thumbsup2

Love the Blood Orange Custard and the Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree

I give up! I have been on these boards for eleven years now and I have decided my taste buds must be sooo different from the majority of DISers. Back in the day, the rave was the grapefruit cake at HBD was the best thing ever......tried it--totally NOT impressed.

Recently, the hoopla was about the bread pudding at 'Ohana. I remember reading frequently that we would want to lick the plate clean. We had a party of eleven and not one of us thought it was "all that".

Skoolbread-whatever
Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes at DHS-bad
Zebra Domes at Boma (kids like 'em--not me)
Don't get me started on the shortcake at HDDR! Gross nursing home food!
Anyone remember when you just HAD to have a Beavertail? They were ok at best, IMO...

I could go on and on...

I don't even know if they still have it, but one rave years back was about the milk chocolate creme brulee at Fulton's. We felt it lived up to the hype.

Some of our personal favorites have been the banana creme brulee at Kona, No Way Jose at B&C, the banana thing at FF, the lemon thing at Jiko (heard it's gone), the sherry trifle at Gardenview Lounge--so amazing TO ME...I sincerely mean it when I say YMMV! Taste is such a personal thing! I have learned to ignore the reviews (for the most part) and order what sounds good to me (unless there have been a lot of warnings about an item).

The bread pudding at Raglan Road and the almond cheesecake at Narcoossee's have been my favorites ever. My DH would throw in the pistachio creme brulee. I lean toward chocolate things typically and absolutely no chocolatey dessert at Disney has knocked my socks off. :confused3

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from the Liberty Tree Tavern was my son and I's favorite from our trip.

My favorite is the Copetta Sotto Bosco at Tutto Italia. I had to swat away the ambush of neighboring spoons. Next time I order it, I will keep my yums to myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter