the most expensive Souvenir you bought for.......

Three stuffed Disney characters from DTD @ $25 a piece. Oh, plus the five lbs. that I gained from eating!:rotfl2:

I bought my Wife a very nice string of Pearls from theWyland gallery in the Poly and gave them toher on the beach after the fireworks for our anniversary,

I think I spent 500-600 on the pearls

Worth every penny too she was wearing them last week and we talked about that trip

Dave

An animation cell - $2,500.00

OOOOHHHH, I love those. That's a hefty price. But if I had extra loot, I would go for one.

I am a Disney shopaholic. I am getting some great ideas here...keep them coming.

I have a Mickey Moust tv I bought too...everyone laughs when they come in to my room...even the TV...WHAT you are a nut!

I sold my disney pin collection after I knew it was a sickness...and I was spending all my money on pieces of metal....I even had the Mickey for President pins LE...sold them all on ebay and netted 5grand...paid for lovely trip in concierge with it...and all kinds of tours...

Susan

OOOOHHHH, I love those. That's a hefty price. But if I had extra loot, I would go for one.

I am a Disney shopaholic. I am getting some great ideas here...keep them coming.

I have a Mickey Moust tv I bought too...everyone laughs when they come in to my room...even the TV...WHAT you are a nut!

I sold my disney pin collection after I knew it was a sickness...and I was spending all my money on pieces of metal....I even had the Mickey for President pins LE...sold them all on ebay and netted 5grand...paid for lovely trip in concierge with it...and all kinds of tours...

Susan

Wow - I had no idea that the pins were that collectable! We only have three - one for each kid. Where can I find more info on them and how much they are worth. I want a Mary Poppins pin for myself! ;)

My wonderful husband surprised me with an autographed picture/platinum album framed picture of Barry Manilow from the store in Disney Studio that specializes in memorabilia. It cost 200.00 before tax and shipping.

Yes, I love Barry Manilow!

Of Simba and Mufasa to symbolize me and my son. Done at the watch works on Main Street. $500 I think it was.

Reading this thread reminds me of what a ridiculous obsession I have with Disney Parks merchandise. :eek:

I am a shopaholic (bad bad me), and much of my anticipation before each Disney trip is figuring out what items I will buy when I am there. DH and I are hopeless toy collectors, and we usually spend quite a bit on toys and other souvenirs while we are there: he at Lego Store and Tatooine Traders and I at Once Upon a Toy, World of Disney and Days of Christmas.

Probably the most expensive set of items we have acquired is the original Monorail set. I can't recall if we purchased the set in 2000 or 2002. The total cost for everything (with shipping), including the Monorail Yellow, Monorail Black, TTC, Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Spaceship Earth (original), Castle, Dumbo, Teacups, Haunted Mansion (WDW), and diecast ride vehicles, was just under $500. I believe we purchased the Wilderness Lodge Lincoln Logs (see my avatar) on the same trip.

Here is a picture of our original setup:

232323232%7Ffp4323%3B%3Enu%3D3237%3E83%3B%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D323344%3B256739nu0mrj

Can you tell we have no children and extra bedrooms? :rotfl2:

We have since acquired most of the other pieces, on our subsequent trips and on ebay, including the Resort Signs, Train and Main Street Train Station, Spaceship Earth (updated), Sorcerer's Hat, Tree of Life, Haunted Mansion (DL), California Screamin' (purple car), Orange Stinger, Triton's Carousel, Sunwheel, and Golden Zephyr. Space Mountain, the Golden Gate Bridge, and other items are still on my ebay wish list. I won't even quote prices for the whole set, as I don't really know the total and don't want to know.
:scared1:

Here is a thread with pictures from someone who has basically the same pieces we do:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=22136457#post22136457&highlight=monorail+set

The Potato Head parts have probably been the second most expensive set of items. I recall on our trip to Disneyland in 2005, we spent nearly $120 for 5 boxes of parts, ones that had been released since we acquired the original parts in 2002. We have virtually all of the Potato Head parts, but as with the Monorail set, I have no idea what the total cost has been. My favorite is the YOMD hat. Here is a complete list of the parts:

http://mrpotatohead.net/2000/20007.htm

This past trip I bought a Disney pirate painting on canvas (called Motley Crew) in the biggest size they had and had Disney frame it for me. All told with framing and shipping, I walked out of Art of Disney $500 lighter. Prior to that the most expensive thing I had bought at WDW was a Christmas big-fig of Mickey and Pluto. But my painting is by far my favorite piece right now; I get giggly everytime I think about it!!

Reminds me of a funny story....having once spent almost two weeks at DW, we were driving through the US/Canada border to get home when the customs guard asked us how much we had to declare. I replied that we were bringing back around $250 worth of souveniers & stuff. He looked at us, total disbelieve, & says, "Two weeks...family of four...only spent $250?" to which I replied, "We were in DW...how much Mickey Mouse stuff does one need?:confused3 " :rotfl: :rotfl: Of course, he sent us on our way!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

The most expensive item I've bought was on our last trip, I did the Pick-a-Pearl at Epcot & had it mounted on a pretty pendant for my necklace. It cost around $65 & I LOVE it!! Might even get a matching ring next time!!

Reading this thread reminds me of what a ridiculous obsession I have with Disney Parks merchandise. :eek:

I am a shopaholic (bad bad me), and much of my anticipation before each Disney trip is figuring out what items I will buy when I am there. DH and I are hopeless toy collectors, and we usually spend quite a bit on toys and other souvenirs while we are there: he at Lego Store and Tatooine Traders and I at Once Upon a Toy, World of Disney and Days of Christmas.

Probably the most expensive set of items we have acquired is the original Monorail set. I can't recall if we purchased the set in 2000 or 2002. The total cost for everything (with shipping), including the Monorail Yellow, Monorail Black, TTC, Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Spaceship Earth (original), Castle, Dumbo, Teacups, Haunted Mansion (WDW), and diecast ride vehicles, was just under $500. I believe we purchased the Wilderness Lodge Lincoln Logs (see my avatar) on the same trip.

Here is a picture of our original setup:

232323232%7Ffp4323%3B%3Enu%3D3237%3E83%3B%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D323344%3B256739nu0mrj

Can you tell we have no children and extra bedrooms? :rotfl2:

That is so cool!!! I especially love the little models of the Contemporary, GF and the Polynesian!

OK - I confess. Last trip I bought the watch for me, plus the $40 Mickey crocs because my sandals gave me a blister, and the 2 Mickey wine stoppers at about $10 each, plus the 1/2 dozen or so antenna toppers, the MVMCP santa hat, x-mas ornament, and pin, the other x-mas ornaments, the christmas castle my husband surprised me with (he had it shipped home) then add in the stuff for my husband and son, and believe me, I spend entirely too much too. Trust me, it didn't end at the watch.

I also bought the antenna toppers but found out when I got home that I don't have an antenna!!:rotfl:

Mine arrived yesterday - in a huge box as it had to be shipped from The World.
I am afraid to unpack it because I am so excited. So will need to compose myself first.

It is a limited edition Big Figurine of the old tyme pie-eyed Mickey & Minnie called 'A Walk in the Park". Purchased at the chrystal shop on Main St in the MK.

DisGal
:cool2:

The most expensive souvenir I bought while in WDW was my Lenox Sleeping Beauty. Sleeping Beauty has always, ALWAYS, been my favorite Disney character. When I saw her on Main Street I knew I had to have her. :love: Then I saw the price tag - $175. Ouch. And then the CM who was helping me told me that was the last SB they had. SOLD.

Thank goodness CM's still had their holiday discount because I got it 40% off! I was so excited that I called my sister and asked her her favorite character and she said Belle. So, I bought the Lenox Belle and shipped it home! That one was also $175.

When I finished my College Program, I went to Art of Disney and had an artist sketch Sleeping Beauty, Prince Philip and the 3 Good Fairies. I forget the price of that, but it wasn't cheap. So worth it, though. It was my "congrats" present from me to me for finishing the CP. :goodvibes

how nice a discount is that! Wow! Great for you. Was the 40% a holiday only discount or do you get that all the time?

DisGal
:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter