The Most MAGICal Christmas Cruise...12/22/2013

Hi Everyone- Just wanted to check in and say Hi. We will also be sailing on this cruise with you and are so excited about it. We booked it last year, but didn't finally decide we were definitely going until this weekend. This will be our 10th time on DCL and our 3rd time spending Christmas on the Magic. It will be me, DH, and our two DDs (ages 10 and 12). I've found the group on FB, so I'll send a friend request so I can join the discussion there. Take Care! Leslie
Welcome. If you want to be part of the fish extender list, let me know

Hi Everyone-
I'm pretty active on the facebook site, but thought I'd share here as well. :) We decided last week to invite my mother on the cruise as well. :) She has been a tremendous help to us and has never been on a cruise before in her life. She has only been to Disney 1 time because we took her. I'm so super excited to share the holidays and this experience with her..

I've added her to our FE list.. Her name is Faye, she's 63 and super excited!!!

Fish Extender Alert I'm going to make the first draft of the FE list this weekend. If you haven't already, send me names of everyone in your group, ages, stateroom numbers. If someone has a special character like, list that (no promises but its worth a shot)

hello! A freind of mine just told me about this and we would definitely like to participate. This is my first time on this board but I'm very excited about this. It will be the first Disney cruise for the family and the very first cruise for my nephew.

hello! A freind of mine just told me about this and we would definitely like to participate. This is my first time on this board but I'm very excited about this. It will be the first Disney cruise for the family and the very first cruise for my nephew.
Have you joined the Facebook page? If not, PM your email address so I can add you

Have you joined the Facebook page? If not, PM your email address so I can add you

It's not allowing me to PM you with me email or include my email in this post. Any other suggestions so I can get on the FE list and join the FB group?

Thank you for all your help.

It's not allowing me to PM you with me email or include my email in this post. Any other suggestions so I can get on the FE list and join the FB group?

Thank you for all your help.

You have to have 10 post before you can PM someone.You can just go ahead and make a few post here on our thread...until you get to ten. ;) Then you can PM your info for FE group.

I don't think anyone would mind if you posted several very short messages to this thread so you will have enough to allow you to PM...they could be one word replies. I think you need 10 posts before you can send a PM.

You have to have 10 post before you can PM someone.You can just go ahead and make a few post here on our thread...until you get to ten. ;) Then you can PM your info for FE group.

Oops...I didn't see your reply before I posted mine! I don't guess I had scrolled far enough...I'm glad to see we had the same thought!

Welcome. If you want to be part of the fish extender list, let me know

We booked this on our last cruise in July! I'm just getting around to finding the cruise meet thread. I sent you an email.

Has anyone been on a Christmas cruise? Are we allowed plug in Christmas lights or just battery operated ones?

We're very excited to be cruising with all of you! I'll be on the cruise with my Mother-in-law, husband, daughter (7), and son (4). I hope it is okay but I'm going to post a few times so that I can PM about the FE. Sorry :(

I'm going to have to figure our some fun ways to incorporate our Elf on the Shelf in our cabin!

:santa:

What is everyone doing about decorating their cabins? Do you know of any collapsible xmas trees? flat presents?

:santa: What is everyone doing about decorating their cabins? Do you know of any collapsible xmas trees? flat presents?
Disney sells a mini tree. Also, we've used those small put together foam form ones. You can sometimes ship things to port and you can buy gifts on the ship

Hi!

So is everyone included in the FE exchange or just kids? We are just figuring out our gifts and didn't know how many to purchase.

Also, when is the cut off point for participation?

Looking forward to our first Disney cruise!

This will be Disney cruise 9 for hubby and I. We're not on Facebook, but would like to participate on the FE list if we can get via email or find it posted here.

We had one of the Disney floral trees delivered to the stateroom last year. It was about $100 if memory serves me correctly, but we still packed lights and a few mini ornaments. The one we got was a shaped rosemary bush, not really a tree, but it stayed fresh all week, and we'd do it again!

...we couldn't stand it and booked GYT to spend the holidays with you all!
We love participating in the FE so I will look where I have to go to sign up for that and glad the Facebook group is closed but will find you! We will be 2 cabins with my 2 college kids, a hs sophomore and a 7th grader.
Yahoooo!
Thanks for organizing the groups!
Susan:banana:

We booked this on our last cruise in July! I'm just getting around to finding the cruise meet thread. I sent you an email.

Has anyone been on a Christmas cruise? Are we allowed plug in Christmas lights or just battery operated ones?

I'm not sure if there is an official policy on Christmas lights or not, but we took a small plug-in strand last year, and had no problem using it. If I recall, though, DCL had a letter in the cabin stating that they would not be discarding trees. This basically urged passengers to take any decorations bought onboard back home with them. Beyond that, I don't think the fresh florals ordered through DCL were part of this; we just put ours in the trashcan when we left. There was someone a few doors down, though, that put a fresh mini tree in the hallway halfway through the Fantasy cruise and no one ever picked it up. This surprised us, and seeing it fade away everyday was kind of sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter