The Most Magical Time of Year! December 2018 TR Completed 5/8 New TR link!

Day 2 Part 1 Saturday, December 15th

I knew that our time in Disney Springs on arrival night would be fairly short and the priorities would be the Christmas tree trail and dinner! Which meant shopping would probably not happen. So because I knew there would be presents I wanted and needed to get for Christmas and just normal souvenir shopping for me (obvs) I planned for us to head back to Disney Springs to start our day - get some shopping done, have lunch, a nice easy start to the day.

But first it was time to get ready and I was happy to find Friends on TV. It’s pretty much my favorite show ever. Dan questioned how I was able to find it on TV even in Disney and I told him Disney magic! :rotfl:

Once we were both ready it was time for breakfast. We made the very short walk to the Food Court but still made a couple of wrong turns along the way :rotfl: I was not used to staying somewhere I was unfamiliar with! It definitely didn't help arriving the night before in the dark haha

I was so excited when we got to the food court and saw that they had the Christmas refillable mugs available! (If you read my October TR you'll remember how bummed I was to miss out on the Halloween ones! Success!)

I told myself I didn’t need a refillable mug this trip but since they had those I had to get one. Dan didn't get one though since we had order Amazon Prime Now and he had plenty of Gatorades to drink.

The nice thing about Port Orleans is that the Tables in Wonderland card can be used in the food court area which meant I got 20% off our food here! And my mug! And no manager approval required, the CM just enters the discount or scans the card. This was such an awesome perk! (I hate to admit it but I’m pretty sure Pop’s food court accepts the discount too and I just completely forgot to use it when we stayed there in October :scared1:) Although, even with the discount I was overcharged because I ordered a kids breakfast and the cashier charged me as three individual items which ended up being more than the kids meal price. But oh well! I wasn’t paying attention so it was my fault too. (I think it probably evened out with the discount) Dan isn’t a huge fan of Disney breakfasts so he just got a wrap instead.

We loved the coke freestyle machines here. I wonder when all of the resorts will have them?

Once we were done eating it was time to head to Disney Springs. But first I had to admire the decorations. I was pleasantly surprised with how decorated the resort was. Pop Century always had a tree but at POFQ everywhere you turned there were decorations!

We decided to drive to Disney Springs so we could head right to Hollywood Studios after. We found a spot pretty easily in the Lime Garage but you could tell it was going to be a very busy day in Disney Springs!

Our first stop since it was right off of the escalator from the Lime Garage was the Harley Davidson store. My Dad always LOVES these shirts and with a birthday and Christmas coming up I knew I wanted to get him a couple.

We found some great shirts and even one for Dan and my brother for Christmas. They had these really unique Harley shirts that had Marvel characters on them and my brother loves all things Marvel so I got him the Captain America one.

After spending way more money in the Harley store than I originally planned we made our way over to World of Disney, which was also so festive!

The one thing I wanted from here that Dan was going to get me for Christmas was the gray fluffy spirit jersey and of course they were sold out of them! I was super bummed but the shop Disney app said they had some in Hollywood Studios so I decided to just look there later. I only ended up buying my Mom and sister Calista the rose gold sequin wallets from here for Christmas. They both loved them! Also how adorable is the checkout area with Tink flying around??? So cute!

After World of Disney we made our way over to the Co-Op. I didn’t find anything but after watching a Tim Tracker vlog when we got home we definitely missed a room that had tons of stuff I definitely would have bought! (Probably a good thing for my wallet! :rotfl:)

After we had hit everything on our shopping list Dan said he was feeling pretty sluggish and was in need of some coffee. We originally were going to head to Starbucks but then I remembered something fun I had seen Disney influencers talking about. Off to Joffrey’s we went!

Along the way we took a minute to look at the new Lego statues, I was really happy to see new ones up. The previous ones were definitely showing their age.

We made our way over to the Joffrey’s store across from The Boathouse (has to be the store not a stand!). In case you didn’t know, if you download the app Ripples to your phone, you can upload your own photo to be printed on your latte. Or you can choose from one of the four preset images they have on hand already. And this only costs an extra $0.50!

So for Dan since he loves our pug Joy so so much I thought it would be fun for him to get her on his coffee! Here’s the photo I uploaded –

And here’s what it looked like!

To celebrate Mickey’s 90th birthday I went with the main man himself :mickeyjum

This was so fun to do and the coffee was delicious as well. I would definitely recommend trying it out if you are in need of a caffeine pick me up! :drinking1

We ended up walking back over to the T-REX area and finding a brick wall to sit on and enjoy our coffees. It was nice just to sit, in the sun, in Disney while people watching and enjoy our coffees!

After we finished our coffees it was finally time for The Void

The Void was MUCH busier than the last time we had done it but thankfully everyone was in line for Star Wars and DH and I were the only ones waiting for Wreck it Ralph! We checked in and picked out our fun avatars for our experience.

So I don’t want to give any spoilers away but we really enjoyed our experience! I think if you’ve never done any of the Void experiences before Star Wars is probably the most awe-inspiring of the two but the Wreck It Ralph experience was super fun too. And it actually had a game in it where you saw who “won” at the end. So that was cool too and something Star Wars did not have. I also liked that in this experience each person had an avatar so you could differentiate between each person or just know like my partner is the blue/green/orange person. That was the only thing I didn’t like about the Star Wars option since it was harder to tell who was who and since it’s so popular you are normally paired with other groups if you have less than 4 people which can lead to some awkward interactions with people you don’t know! :rotfl2:

We again mentioned the bus ad that offers a free digital print by mentioning “The Void”. Which is definitely a nice way to get a memento because I know I definitely don’t want to pay $16 for a photo of me looking like a turtle! :laughing: Although, we did remember to stand up a little straighter this time so we didn’t look QUITE as turtley

After the Void, it was time for lunch! Except after doing the Void I was really warm so I ran into Tren-D to find a T-shirt to wear until it cooled off again. (I had a tank top on under my sweater but a boring ole blank tank top is not my Disney aesthetic! :rotfl:) Once I was all set we made our way over to Morimotos.

I still am not over how gorgeous this restaurant is. Also, I would say if you are eating at Morimotos to try using OpenTable. Its really just a great way to get a reservation and also earn reward points!

This was Dan’s first time eating here and I knew he was just going to love it.

The only picture I have in my new shirt haha I ended up getting cold again after leaving Morimotos so I probably could have done without but oh well!

Our waitress definitely wanted us to order a huge spread and seemed disappointed when we didn’t. Which felt slightly unfair since it was only lunch and we still ordered what felt like a decent amount!

To drink I just went with a diet coke after my drink fail in October but Dan decided to get the Imperial Pilsner that I think was specific to Morimoto. And the cool thing about this drink was that with our TIW discount the bottle was only like $22 and had almost three glasses of beer in it! And we got to keep the bottle as a souvenir! The waitress even took it at the end of the meal and cleaned it out for us. Dan loved this!

To start we got the Krab rangoons. Dan claimed he didn’t like these when we get them at home but I insisted we still get them and they were so good! He ended up really liking them!

We also each ordered a miso soup to start. To eat we got the spicy tuna and spicy salmon rolls to share. (I’m like 99% sure those are the rolls we got!)

Everything was super good and we left feeling perfectly satisfied. We weren’t overly full and just really enjoyed our lunch! I have come to find that even though you pay a little more for sit downs, having a sit down lunch is so nice just to get out of the craziness for a minute, get some a/c and relax.

When we finished Dan still had almost a whole beer left in his bottle so when the waitress took the bottle to be cleaned she put the remaining beer in a to go cup so he could finish his beer while we walked around. So after leaving the restaurant we took a minute just to enjoy our surroundings on the bridge in front of Morimotos.

Before we left Disney Springs I made a quick pit stop in Sephora to grab a new beauty blender because I had forgotten mine at home and I had a 20% off coupon to use. I was very thankful to have a Sephora to run to!

My trip was a success! I do wish that the Disney Sephora carried something specifically Disney like a line of makeup or something. Because I would definitely buy it!

Dan said one of his favorite moments of this trip was sitting by the fountain and finishing his beer while I shopped :rotfl: he's just a simple guy!

Look at that happy face! haha

We made our way back to our car in the Lime Garage so we could get to Hollywood Studios! We had a fastpass to get to!

Last edited:
Your coffees are absolutely adorable!!!! I had no idea that was a thing...

Thanks!! I only knew about it from some of the Instagrammers that I follow. It was really easy to do once you downloaded the app if you wanted to upload your own picture!

Or you can just pick from the ones they already have preset which was even easier! I believe the only locations that do it are the Joffrey's store across from The Boathouse in Disney Springs and the Joffrey's in the Contemporary

I love starting the day in Disney Springs! It is so much less crowded during the day time, even on a "busy" day. I have also run into that Sephora! We did our engagement photos in Epcot and genius of the month over here, forgot ALL her makeup! I dont normally wear it in Disney because it is so hot when I tend to go, and I was piggy backing my Disney trip with Andrew with a NOLA girls trip (thank you Irma for screwing up my plans)! Too much to remember!

I loved your Christmas tree trail photos! I need to get back there at the holidays to do that, as well as Holiday's around the world. I still have not seen all the story tellers! Crazy I know!

I love starting the day in Disney Springs! It is so much less crowded during the day time, even on a "busy" day. I have also run into that Sephora! We did our engagement photos in Epcot and genius of the month over here, forgot ALL her makeup! I dont normally wear it in Disney because it is so hot when I tend to go, and I was piggy backing my Disney trip with Andrew with a NOLA girls trip (thank you Irma for screwing up my plans)! Too much to remember!

I loved your Christmas tree trail photos! I need to get back there at the holidays to do that, as well as Holiday's around the world. I still have not seen all the story tellers! Crazy I know!

We've never really done that before! The only time we've gone to DS during the day was in 2016 when we got to Disney super early and we were trying to kill time before our room was ready haha it was definitely less busy while we were there during the day even with the people Christmas shopping!

Omg that's like my worst nightmare! haha I usually put all of my makeup into my travel bag and then the morning we leave for the trip I just use that to do my makeup so I'll realize if I missed any of my essentials along the way! Except this time I never put my beauty blender back in the bag so my plan is obviously flawed! lol I probably could have made do with one of the brushes I had with me or my hands but I'm just so used to using a sponge I can't really not have one!

Thanks! We really enjoyed walking through it! I'm sure we missed a few trees but I saw the ones I really wanted to so I considered it a success haha I still need to see the story tellers, too! I'll get to this point eventually but I really kind of regretted the amount of time I had us spend in Future World in EPCOT this trip because we didn't really see any of the Christmas things in the World Showcase! There's just never enough time in Disney!

This was so fun to do and the coffee was delicious as well. I would definitely recommend trying it out if you are in need of a caffeine pick me up!

Those coffees are so cute and I had no idea they did that! What a fun thing to do!

I do wish that the Disney Sephora carried something specifically Disney like a line of makeup or something.

That would be super cute and I would love that for souvenirs because I hate bringing home something you can buy anywhere.

Morimoto's looks so good! We've tried a few things from the window outside, but I'd love to get the full experience one day.

Sounds like a nice night at DS! The tree trails look so fun.

WOAH, freestyle machines at Port Orleans?! Now I really need to stay there!!

That's a cool treat having your photo printed on your coffee!

Sounds like the Void was really fun!

Those coffees are so cute and I had no idea they did that! What a fun thing to do!

It was really fun! And it was one of those things I really hadn't planned on doing so I'm so glad we did it! Plus, the caffeine was much appreciated too! haha

That would be super cute and I would love that for souvenirs because I hate bringing home something you can buy anywhere.

Right?? I mean its nice if you are forgetful like me and need to pick up something last minute but I wonder how many people actually go there to buy makeup they can get anywhere.

Morimoto's looks so good! We've tried a few things from the window outside, but I'd love to get the full experience one day.

It is very good! I definitely want to try out their ribs at some point because that was one of the things the waitress was really trying to push on us and I'm sure they are delicious!

Sounds like a nice night at DS! The tree trails look so fun.

It was! Hopefully they continue to bring it back and add more to it every year!

WOAH, freestyle machines at Port Orleans?! Now I really need to stay there!!

Right?? I think DH was a bit bummed once he realized and hadn't gotten the refillable mug haha I really haven't figured out why they have one and other resorts don't! Because they are awesome!

That's a cool treat having your photo printed on your coffee!

I thought so! Especially for only $.50!

Sounds like the Void was really fun!

It was! I would definitely recommend either of the experiences!

My brother did the Star Wars one with his GF and loved it so much that he drove an hour and a half to Toronto to do it again with his buddies hahaha

That coffee thing was amazing!! I'll have to remember that when we go!

You had an eventful morning at Disney Springs. I'm glad you were able to get so much done.

I have to ask where do you get your ears from?? Specially the candy cane ones. I love them!!

Those coffees are too cute! What a neat way to enjoy your coffee!

I agree that Morimoto Asia is simply stunning inside! I had a drink there this past December because I had to see it in person. Next trip I'll have a full meal.

I was so excited when we got to the food court and saw that they had the Christmas refillable mugs available! (If you read my October TR you'll remember how bummed I was to miss out on the Halloween ones! Success!)
Those are so cute! I'm totally jealous...

We loved the coke freestyle machines here. I wonder when all of the resorts will have them?
LOL these machines are my husband's favorite things ever. Hopefully they come to all the resorts soon!

lso how adorable is the checkout area with Tink flying around??? So cute!
Did you notice that she will end up on some of the movie stills and they will come to life and play a 5 or 10 second clip from the movie? I have my complaints about the WoD refurb but some of those touches are downright magical :)

So I don’t want to give any spoilers away but we really enjoyed our experience! I think if you’ve never done any of the Void experiences before Star Wars is probably the most awe-inspiring of the two but the Wreck It Ralph experience was super fun too. And it actually had a game in it where you saw who “won” at the end. So that was cool too and something Star Wars did not have. I also liked that in this experience each person had an avatar so you could differentiate between each person or just know like my partner is the blue/green/orange person. That was the only thing I didn’t like about the Star Wars option since it was harder to tell who was who and since it’s so popular you are normally paired with other groups if you have less than 4 people which can lead to some awkward interactions with people you don’t know! :rotfl2:
Dude this sounds awesome! I really want to do the Wreck It Ralph experience--we loved Star Wars but I agree it was hard to tell who was who!!

We again mentioned the bus ad that offers a free digital print by mentioning “The Void”. Which is definitely a nice way to get a memento because I know I definitely don’t want to pay $16 for a photo of me looking like a turtle! :laughing: Although, we did remember to stand up a little straighter this time so we didn’t look QUITE as turtley
Wait, really?! Dang I wish I had known that, since we did pony up the $16!

To start we got the Krab rangoons. Dan claimed he didn’t like these when we get them at home but I insisted we still get them and they were so good! He ended up really liking them!
Krab rangoons are one of my favorite things--good on you for insisting on getting them! They look delicious. I really want to eat at Morimoto--all the reviews are so good!

Ooh, I haven't really heard I much about Wreck It Ralph and the Void! We aren't SW fans :duck:but I bet the boys would like Wreck It Ralph.

Also, I would say if you are eating at Morimotos to try using OpenTable. Its really just a great way to get a reservation and also earn reward points!
Yes that's how we did ours! I like that some of the DS restaurants are on Open Table, makes it easier when you aren't really sure when you'll be there to get a last minute reservation. Glad Dan enjoyed Morimotos! It's one of our new faves after our Jan. trip :) I also LOVE Tren-D!

That coffee thing was amazing!! I'll have to remember that when we go!

It was super fun and the coffee tasted good! You can do it at the location across from the Boathouse and the Joffrey's stand on the first floor of the Contemporary. I would definitely recommend!

You had an eventful morning at Disney Springs. I'm glad you were able to get so much done.

It's funny because we did SO much this day but it never felt over planned or too much which I'm glad!

I have to ask where do you get your ears from?? Specially the candy cane ones. I love them!!

I make them :goodvibes I do everything through my cloegear instagram. I started making them because my sister would want ears to specifically match every outfit she had but Disney would never have anything that she was looking for (back when they had like the generic four that they sold). So to avoid spending hours looking for the perfect ears for her I started making them to match her outfits! I made so many Christmas ones for this trip because I just had so much fun coming up with different options! :rotfl:

Those coffees are too cute! What a neat way to enjoy your coffee!

It's funny because I never really even drink coffee and I always thought I didn't like it but apparently put Mickey in the foam and I'm down! haha

I agree that Morimoto Asia is simply stunning inside! I had a drink there this past December because I had to see it in person. Next trip I'll have a full meal.

So pretty! The food is very good so I definitely recommend for a meal!

Those are so cute! I'm totally jealous...

Haha I think if I had to chose between getting the Halloween or Christmas one I'm happy I got the Christmas!

LOL these machines are my husband's favorite things ever. Hopefully they come to all the resorts soon!

Haha I think DH was upset once he saw them that he didn't get a refillable mug!

Hopefully! I think I saw them in Tim Tracker's video either at Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs new food court so hopefully they will make it to all of them!

Did you notice that she will end up on some of the movie stills and they will come to life and play a 5 or 10 second clip from the movie? I have my complaints about the WoD refurb but some of those touches are downright magical :)

I'm not sure that I saw that! I'll have to keep a look out when I go next week. I definitely love the magical touches they added :tinker:

Dude this sounds awesome! I really want to do the Wreck It Ralph experience--we loved Star Wars but I agree it was hard to tell who was who!!

It was super fun! I would definitely recommend it! I thought they were coming out with a Marvel one too but I wonder if that got scrapped. Either way I was excited to try another one!

Wait, really?! Dang I wish I had known that, since we did pony up the $16!

Oh no! Yeah, there's some bus ad that says "mention The Void and get a free digital print". I've never actually seen the ad but a CM told us to do that when we did the SW experience lol

Krab rangoons are one of my favorite things--good on you for insisting on getting them! They look delicious. I really want to eat at Morimoto--all the reviews are so good!

If you ever go, definitely try the Krab rangoons! They're different than the normal type you'd get at an Asian restaurant but still VERY good! Idk why DH never trusts my food judgement lol he spent pretty much all of our July trip with food envy because I always ordered the better thing! :rotfl:

Ooh, I haven't really heard I much about Wreck It Ralph and the Void! We aren't SW fans :duck:but I bet the boys would like Wreck It Ralph.

We aren't really all that into SW either! In July before Wreck It Ralph I actually just booked it because DH always is so interested by anything VR that I figured it would be something he would love in Disney! Even though we don't really love Star Wars it was still fun! But I think if you like really hated SW Wreck It Ralph is definitely a fun option! And a lot more lighthearted haha I think even just the VR experience alone is super cool! Your boys should DEFINITELY try it out!

Yes that's how we did ours! I like that some of the DS restaurants are on Open Table, makes it easier when you aren't really sure when you'll be there to get a last minute reservation. Glad Dan enjoyed Morimotos! It's one of our new faves after our Jan. trip :) I also LOVE Tren-D!

It's just so much easier! Plus, anything I can get reward points for makes me happy :rotfl:

I'm glad you guys enjoyed Morimotos! Its my Mom's favorite restaurant now so we'll be eating there again next week haha

I was definitely glad Tren-D was the store closest to The Void!

It was super fun and the coffee tasted good! You can do it at the location across from the Boathouse and the Joffrey's stand on the first floor of the Contemporary. I would definitely recommend!

It's funny because we did SO much this day but it never felt over planned or too much which I'm glad!

I make them :goodvibes I do everything through my cloegear instagram. I started making them because my sister would want ears to specifically match every outfit she had but Disney would never have anything that she was looking for (back when they had like the generic four that they sold). So to avoid spending hours looking for the perfect ears for her I started making them to match her outfits! I made so many Christmas ones for this trip because I just had so much fun.

[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! I just found you on INSTA. I will be messaging you

Day 2 Part 2 Saturday, December 15th

As we were leaving we really noticed how busy Disney Springs was getting which makes sense with how close to Christmas it was! :santa:

200w.webp

In planning, I didn’t really factor in how long it would take to get from Disney Springs to DHS with the new entrance. So we were a bit tight on time by the time we made it to the park!

We chose to just walk from the parking lot since the tram only really saves you one stop now.

From Disney Springs to the park entrance (like actually tapping into the park) took us about 30 minutes in travel time. Definitely more than I planned but still not too bad! Surprisingly, it actually took Dan longer to go through the no bag line than it did for me to get my bag checked!

Look at those beautiful decorations! I was most looking forward to Hollywood Studios on our trip because I was so upset missing all of their new decorations in 2017!

Upon entering, the March was going on so we definitely stopped to watch that go by. Even though I’m not a huge SW fan I still love this! The music really gets ya!

After the march passed we hopped in line for a Photopass. Thankfully we were able to get all of our pictures done before the march came back! :darth:

We did stop into the shop on Main Street that was supposed to have my fluffy spirit jersey in stock but of course didn’t. That was pretty disappointing but Dan ended up finding one for me on eBay and getting it for me for Christmas because he knew how much I wanted it!

*To those who buy things in Disney JUST to resell them*
tenor.gif

Here's a picture of me wearing it after Christmas, we took a little drive over to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls (we live on the American side) to enjoy the Christmas lights and beautiful scenery!

Finally it was time for us to head back to Toy Story Land! Our FP for Slinky Dog was ending at 3:25 (we did still have the 15 minute the grace period) and we didn’t make it into TSL until 3:24!

46200438255_fe78cbf0ca.jpg

And TSL was crazyyyy busy. We had such a hard time making our way through the crowd but we eventually did and made it to our FP before the grace period expired. Being a group of two paid off because we got called up for the last row again and got to ride in the apparently unsafe seat with the tail still attached! :laughing: I'm glad to see they have now been reattached :rotfl:

(We call our dog, Joy's, hind legs and tail area her hams so we always like when we get the back row on slinky!)

I was so excited to ride this. When I booked the trip I knew getting a FP for SDD on 60+1 during the holidays was probably not going to happen. But I had managed to snag a FP for this a few weeks out from our trip and was super stoked since I knew the wait times would be just too crazy to ride without a FP!

So we rode this in pretty much broad daylight so I have no idea why the ride photo looks like we rode at midnight! :rotfl2:

We had rushed into TSL so quickly that I had us stop to get a picture with Woody and his scarf on the way out!

After we finished our pictures with Woody, we made our way over to the Christmas tree and Gertie to take some photos. I really loved that they moved the tree here in 2017 and definitely wanted a photo with it!

This actually worked out super well too because we were meeting up with my cousin Tricia, her husband Mike, their friends and my Aunt Mary Lynn to spend some time with them and they were just finishing up with their Indiana Jones show! Tricia and her husband live in Tampa and my Aunt is recently retired so she had flown down to spend the weekend with her daughters (my other cousin Christy shows up later!).

I paparazzi'd them walking out of Indiana Jones haha

Since they planned their trip pretty last minute the only FP they had been able to line up with ours was our TOT FP. We still had to use our Rock N Rollercoaster FP before we could head over to Tower of Terror so they decided they would grab a snack while we rode RNR and we would meet up with TOT after!

I wish I could find an old picture of my sister on RNR, her eyes used to bug out of her head EVERY time! Haha I on the other hand apparently can't keep my eyes open :rotfl:

Finally it was time for all of us to ride TOT! My Aunt Mary Lynn (my Mom’s sister) comes to Disney often with their other sister, Sally, and when they come together she never gets to ride TOT because my Aunt Sally is too scared to ride. So she was happy to be able to ride it with us!

In case you didn’t notice, DH was wearing a super cool and perfectly Hollywood Studios-themed Darth Vader Christmas sweater that I got him from Target for $15! (Was 40% off and then I had the 20% off Black Friday coupon so it was a great deal!) What I didn’t realize was that the light up feature was not a battery pack but motion activated so it pretty much went off all day long which was fine for most things but in the library of TOT Dan felt pretty self conscious of it and kept his hands over the lights! Hahaha

We all decided he looked sillier this way but we all got a pretty good laugh out of it!

I don't know why it looks like I have a spotlight on me in the ride photo :rotfl: I guess I'm just special! :cool1:

After TOT, my cousin’s friends had to head back home to Tampa for their dog but before we left we took one last group photo!

Since TOT was our last group FP and we didn't think we'd have much luck getting another one together we decided to head over to Star Wars Launch Bay next. I really wanted to see what kind of interaction we would have with Kylo Ren since DH was wearing his dear ole grandpa on his sweater.

The wait for Kylo Ren was super short which surprised me given how busy the park was but I was definitely grateful! I don’t think we waited more than 10 minutes! We had SUCH a good interaction with Kylo Ren, he loved Dan, hated me. It was great! Hahaha

I made Dan stop to take a pic with the Darth Vader suit on our way out. If only they had a meet and greet for him too!

Since we still had a bit of time before our dinner that night, I suggested heading over to Baseline taphouse to grab some drinks and snacks to just enjoy each other’s company.

Dan got a beer (that I do not remember the name of) and I went with my favorite the California Sunset and to eat we split the cheese platter (I LOVE the cheese platter here, especially for $10 are you kidding me?). I really love this little area, the snacks are good, the prices are relatively inexpensive and its usually not that busy. Granted, once Star Wars Land opens I’m sure this wont be the case but for now I’ll continue to enjoy it!

We sat here until the sun went down and it was probably one of my favorite memories from the trip!

Cheers!

Sounds like a fun time! It's nice that you could meet up with family and do a few things with them! Baseline is so nice and relaxing!

Sounds like a fun time! It's nice that you could meet up with family and do a few things with them! Baseline is so nice and relaxing!

It was a really great night! I don't actually love meeting up with family in Disney because our touring styles tend to be very different but since we weren't really in the park for the rides this time we had fun.

We never spend enough time in Disney springs and by not enough time I mean I went there once for like an hour!

Love the Kyle Ren interaction! Darth Vader meets in DLP I’m
Hoping to get a meet with him this spring! Maybe I’ll grab us some fun shirts....

Ugh I saw your post above about different touring style, we have a large family trip coming up and not going to lie I am a bit worried about that aspect! It’s about 10 people to many, I’m person 11.....

Dan isn’t a huge fan of Disney breakfasts so he just got a wrap instead.
Rocking the sunglasses inside look. Bold move, but it works.

Yes they are the best! I stayed at CBR when it was under construction so they had the freestyle machines out actually in the room buildings and it was sooo nice not to have to walk all the way to the front for a drink. Plus SO many options!

we definitely missed a room that had tons of stuff I definitely would have bought! (Probably a good thing for my wallet!
Oooo what room was that??

In case you didn’t know, if you download the app Ripples to your phone, you can upload your own photo to be printed on your latte. Or you can choose from one of the four preset images they have on hand already. And this only costs an extra $0.50
Alright that's amazing.

And here’s what it looked like!
SO CUTE

The only picture I have in my new shirt haha I ended up getting cold again after leaving Morimotos so I probably could have done without but oh well!
Hey but it's a cute shirt. And you can never have too many Disney shirts.

I was very thankful to have a Sephora to run to!
#bless

Look at that happy face! haha
Who knew benches would be all it takes to keep our men happy?

Surprisingly, it actually took Dan longer to go through the no bag line than it did for me to get my bag checked!
Huh that's weird.

That was pretty disappointing but Dan ended up finding one for me on eBay and getting it for me for Christmas because he knew how much I wanted it!
Aww so sweet!

So we rode this in pretty much broad daylight so I have no idea why the ride photo looks like we rode at midnight!
~mood lighting~

What I didn’t realize was that the light up feature was not a battery pack but motion activated so it pretty much went off all day long which was fine for most things but in the library of TOT Dan felt pretty self conscious of it and kept his hands over the lights! Hahaha
HAHAHAHA this makes me laugh so much. I'm trying to imagine being in the dark queue for TOT just flashing lights everywhere.

In case you didn’t notice, DH was wearing a super cool and perfectly Hollywood Studios-themed Darth Vader Christmas sweater that I got him from Target for $15! (Was 40% off and then I had the 20% off Black Friday coupon so it was a great deal!) What I didn’t realize was that the light up feature was not a battery pack but motion activated so it pretty much went off all day long which was fine for most things but in the library of TOT Dan felt pretty self conscious of it and kept his hands over the lights! Hahaha

HAHAHAHA!!!! Totally spit out my drink when I read/saw this I laughed so hard! :rotfl2:

Sounds like a great day so far, can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter