The Mother/Daughter Polynesian Surprise **NEW 5/1 I'm back!

Ouch. Bummer. I had to get teeth pulled for braces as a kid. Not a fun time. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Bubba went through a lot of dental work as a kid. She too got braces. I'll never forget the look of pain on her face when she first got it done. :sad2: Did you get your wisdom teeth out as well? Fortunately I've never had to go through that procedure as I've been told I don't have any wisdom teeth.

Oooch! So sorry you're in pain! :hug: Be sure to drink plenty of fluids when on pain meds. This will help with some of the unpleasant side effects. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks :hug: I've been trying to drink lots. It feels weird with this big gap in my mouth.

Your cruise is so soon! Woo Hoo! At least when in pain you have 2 exciting trips to look forward to. Nothing better than that to distract a girl. :thumbsup2

This is true. Hopefully nothing will interfere with me going! My next thing to do is perhaps book some shore excursions. I want to experience at least one so I can tell clients what they're all about. First I'll have to see how much they cost :teacher:

Bubba went through a lot of dental work as a kid. She too got braces. I'll never forget the look of pain on her face when she first got it done. :sad2: Did you get your wisdom teeth out as well? Fortunately I've never had to go through that procedure as I've been told I don't have any wisdom teeth.

Yep, got operated on for wisdom teeth too, but just on one side...the other side came in okay.

No wisdom teeth for you? :confused3 Weird -- you seem pretty smart to me? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Ouch! I hope you are feeling better, Jen. Take care of yourself and have some yummy ice cream for me.

Yep, got operated on for wisdom teeth too, but just on one side...the other side came in okay.

No wisdom teeth for you? :confused3 Weird -- you seem pretty smart to me? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I did too. Both sides. On the way home from the hospital, I puked all over the street- Mom managed to pull the car over just in time.

The puking popped all my stitches out, and I had to go back to the hosp. and get it all stitched again. :mad:

Spent the next 4 days in bed. I remember trying to eat too soon. It was so traumatic, I remember the exact meal I had. some sort of noodle dish from a place. I threw up on the way home from there too, but this time from the pain. Hurt sooooooooo bad!!

Today was my first day back at work since my dentist appointment. My head was a bit in the clouds being on all the meds. Keep that in mind. When I got to work, I found some Mickey Mail sitting on my desk.

Our ME tags arrived! :jumping1:

I was starting to feel better already - until a colleague of mine asked me to fix her stapler :sad2: The stupid thing was jammed so I tried everything to get it unjammed. And did I ever! I unjammed that staple right into my finger :scared1: I pulled it out as quick as I could but then came the blood gushing. Good grief.... just what I needed. More pain!

After a rather painful day, I came home to find the 2010 Disney planning DVD that I ordered! :woohoo: I've been watching it ever since I got home.

Only 40 days to go!!!!

I did too. Both sides. On the way home from the hospital, I puked all over the street- Mom managed to pull the car over just in time.

Ew.

The puking popped all my stitches out, and I had to go back to the hosp. and get it all stitched again. :mad:

Double Ew.

Spent the next 4 days in bed. I remember trying to eat too soon. It was so traumatic, I remember the exact meal I had. some sort of noodle dish from a place. I threw up on the way home from there too, but this time from the pain. Hurt sooooooooo bad!!

If that had been me, I'd never want dental work again :scared1:

Ouch! I hope you are feeling better, Jen. Take care of yourself and have some yummy ice cream for me.

I did have ice cream tonight. Mint Chocolate Chip. It was very hard to eat though since I can only eat on the one side of my mouth. Let's just say it gets very cold keeping that ice cream in one spot!

Oh yuck, nothing is worse than dental work! Hope you got some good meds!
Feel better! :goodvibes

:p Very witty Glen. I was a bit shocked myself. Just happy that I didn't have to go through the procedure - especially after hearing stories like Liesa's...

You poor thing!! You need a Lapu Lapu to sip while you watch your new video!! :thumbsup2

Great news about your tags!

I love mint chocolate chip ice cream. (next time have the ice cream melt a little so it's not so cold)

You poor thing!! You need a Lapu Lapu to sip while you watch your new video!! :thumbsup2

I could definitely go for one of those!

Great news about your tags!

I love mint chocolate chip ice cream. (next time have the ice cream melt a little so it's not so cold)

:laughing: Good point. Should've thought of that before hand....

How are you feeling today?

It still hurts a little and is awkward to eat. The stitches make it really uncomfortable. I have to put up with them for another 3 weeks. I'm much better than I was! Thanks for asking :hug:

Today was my first day back at work since my dentist appointment. My head was a bit in the clouds being on all the meds. Keep that in mind. When I got to work, I found some Mickey Mail sitting on my desk.

Our ME tags arrived! :jumping1:

I was starting to feel better already - until a colleague of mine asked me to fix her stapler :sad2: The stupid thing was jammed so I tried everything to get it unjammed. And did I ever! I unjammed that staple right into my finger :scared1: I pulled it out as quick as I could but then came the blood gushing. Good grief.... just what I needed. More pain!

After a rather painful day, I came home to find the 2010 Disney planning DVD that I ordered! :woohoo: I've been watching it ever since I got home.

Only 40 days to go!!!!

Annika did the star thing a few weeks ago. Scared the life out of both of us!

Did it at least take your mind off of the mouth pain?!

Yikes about the stapler! Have you had a tetanus shot recently?;)

That's what immediately came to mind when I pulled that staple out of my finger. I believe I'm up to date. Since the incident, my finger has healed quite nicely. No pain. No infection. It's all good!

I did that once. It hurt really, really bad!!! And I felt really, really dumb. Not that you are dumb- at all, but I was being kinda cavalier about it, I remember, and paid for it. Hurt for a week!! :headache:

I did that once. It hurt really, really bad!!! And I felt really, really dumb. Not that you are dumb- at all, but I was being kinda cavalier about it, I remember, and paid for it. Hurt for a week!! :headache:

I felt quite dumb myself at the time. I mean, who staples their finger?! :laughing:

There hasn't been much planning going on this here pre-trippie but I'm about to fix that!

Our trip is 36 days away. I am so super duper excited that I could burst! pixiedust:

I've finished planning out our first 7 days, which I'll post in the next few days. The last two days are yet to be finished. These are the days we'll be at the Poly, which my mom doesn't know about. I'm making a version of the itinerary for her that doesn't show us moving to the Poly. I've had to make up stuff for the last two days, which was rather difficult considering by the 8th and 9th day, we've pretty much covered our grounds at the parks.

Last night, the surprise for my mom was finally realized. I know how I'm going to spring the surprise on her. At first I was thinking of ordering something from Disney florist, but there was nothing under $45 - too much money in my opinion. I'll need that money for food! So, instead, I ordered her a Polynesian resort pin off e-bay. I've also written a poem/riddle for her to read the morning she wakes up. It goes a little something like this:

Pack your bags, it's time to go
Where we're going, you should know
You missed it once, but not twice
That just would not be nice
Look out the window, it's quite the view
Where your dreams will come true!

Remember, we're staying at the Polynesian in a Theme Park View room. Let's hope we get what we paid for!

More planning tidbits coming soon!

OH Goody, goody, goody!! That is so creative; and the pin was a perfect, economical choice!! I love it!

Very creative poem. She is going to love it!:thumbsup2:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter