The Mummy's Fury

DocBosch

<font color=blue>Hasta La By Bye, Doc<br><font col
After visiting IOA last week, and taken by complete shock by the changes made to Posiden's Fury, i came up with a good idea.

Now If they were looking to change PF's storyline (as I understand was confusing to some) why didn't Universal just kill two birds with one stone? Make PF The Mummy attraction.

The outside facade wold have to be modified to make it look more like Ancient Egypt and less like Ancient Greece (piant it yellow, and change the Trident). They could keep the excavation theme they have now, but everything else would have to stay the same as it was before. Repaint the preshow room to reflect Mummy mythology. The first auditorium can stay pretty much the same, just replace those stupid skeloton guards with Mummies. The water tunnel no longer needs to be a water tunnel, but a "Stargate" type portal. The themeing inside the big auditorium would be changed, taking out the fish statues and Atlantis senery and projected backdrop. The battle could be between The Mummy and, some good guy spirit or something. The water screenes would be a bit out of place, but maybe the portal transported us to an tropical oaisis that existed where the ruins now stand. And, best of all, the suprise room switch ending would be back!

So what do you think? I can do without the Posiden storyline, just as long as the building is used correctly.

Doc Bosch, you missed an earlier thread where this very thing was picked at, praised and every variable in between. Supposedly the creator of the new show contributed to the fray and expressed his opinion. many of us expressed our opinions. Search for the thread back around july or august. I am sure you will find it most amusing.
I agree with your idea. I do not dislike the new show, i just think the first show was much better.;)

I didn't mean to start the whole argument all over again, so i edited the post to reflect my intentions better.

Like i said, i didn't mind them changing the story, i just didn't like how the new story was using the building. At first, when i noticed that there was an excavation theme, I was actually excited to see what was new (even though an excavation of mythological ruins still doesn't make sense to me). Dark-o didn't even bother me. I always liked the lighting effect in the first room, and missed it this time around. I think they still should have used the idea of Atlantis, which would have made more sense of the large audiorium and vortex. And while we got rid of one bad live actor with a fake looking beard and wig, we instead got one bad screen actor with a bad beard and wig, and his friend, Darth Dark-o . While live actors projected onto the water screen does look cool, i would like better production values and coreographed fight scenes (and try not to zoom in on action thats supposed to be occuring in front of us in real time).

And Please Please Please Please bring back the suprise room change at the end. That was my favorite part; looking back and seeing everyone elses reaction to it.

I understand that Universal felt the changes needed to be made, and the way it was radically changed was done well with the low budget. If Universal really wants to make something out of the attraction building, maybe they' like The Mummy idea i suggested. Mr Goddard said that if any of us would suggest viable imporvments as opposed to just criticism, he might look at them. So that was my suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter