The MURPHYS are LIVE from the Polynesian!! 7/27-8/3 Come join the fun!!! :)

Wow, I'm really disappointed to hear about the lounge behavior. We've stayed Poly CL twice before and didn't see anything like that either time. Hoping you just hit a bad night, and won't experience that all week.

I have to say though, that our family does use the lounge as a substitute for breakfast - we're not heavy morning eaters. A piece of fruit and bowl of cereal are enough for us. And since we normally eat our TS meal at lunchtime (gets us out of the heat of the day in August), the evening offerings are generally enough for us for dinner - though my boys usually need something more and will split a counter service meal or two later in the evening. That being said....we DO NOT clear out the trays of food!! A few veggies, some fruit and one or two of each appetizer and/or cheese/crackers will definitely fill me up. Maybe we're just not big eaters, but I can't see why you'd even need a tray full of appetizers :confused3 But I would definitely think that the dining plan PLUS CL would be way too much food for our family. That's just our experience...

Erika, your pictures are just gorgeous. And I think maybe we'll try to squeeze in a meal at Yak & Yeti just to get that red drink - looks amazing :thumbsup2

Wow, I'm really disappointed to hear about the lounge behavior. We've stayed Poly CL twice before and didn't see anything like that either time. Hoping you just hit a bad night, and won't experience that all week.

I have to say though, that our family does use the lounge as a substitute for breakfast - we're not heavy morning eaters. A piece of fruit and bowl of cereal are enough for us. And since we normally eat our TS meal at lunchtime (gets us out of the heat of the day in August), the evening offerings are generally enough for us for dinner - though my boys usually need something more and will split a counter service meal or two later in the evening. That being said....we DO NOT clear out the trays of food!! A few veggies, some fruit and one or two of each appetizer and/or cheese/crackers will definitely fill me up. Maybe we're just not big eaters, but I can't see why you'd even need a tray full of appetizers :confused3 But I would definitely think that the dining plan PLUS CL would be way too much food for our family. That's just our experience...

FWIW, IMO the CL breakfasts are definitely meant to be a real breakfast, unlike the evening offerings. A bowl of oatmeal, some coffee, fruit, a pastry--that's more than I eat at home for breakfast! I think it's the greediness during evening appetizer times that can get people's hackles up (myself included).

Just wanted to pop back on and say we've had excellent mousekeeping so far this week!! Our room is always clean when we come back in the afternoon and we've had turndown service every night. this is a big deal for us, so kudos to the poly staff!! :)

Debating now about pushing our whispering canyon reservation later , we are supposed to eat at 6:30 and we are all exhausted and overheated. The heat doesn't usually bother me , typically we are never in the parks in the hot afternoons... Today was brutal.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Great updates! We just changed our trip to Poly CL. I am enjoying all of the pictures.

Can you tell me if they have Rice Krispies and Froot Loops for breakfast? Do they have chocolate milk?

Thanks. I am trying to plan for what else to bring for my 2 picky DSs.

No one has to worry about my kids clearing out anything. :rotfl2: They are too picky.

I think it's the greediness during evening appetizer times that can get people's hackles up (myself included).

I agree - if I saw someone taking multiple heaping plates of food, I'd be bothered too. Especially if there's a big long line :rolleyes:. I do like to sample everything, but wouldn't even want to eat mounds of appetizers :sick:

My family uses club level for breakfast, even though it is continental breakfast, that is what we typically eat at home anyway. So that works great for us. :thumbsup2 We like the drinks and the wine and beer. We also get the dining plan so we do regular meals as well. That works best for us. :goodvibes

I wonder if disney has someone overseeing the operations of the club levels as a whole? I'd love to see a copy of their food service plan! We've participated in a lot of special events on property from desert parties, to wedding receptions and special themed dinner events, disney usually does a fantastic job with catering. It might be time to come up with some streamlining tactics!! They should be able to mathematically figure out how much food they need by looking at the current count of guests. Also they should be able to pull out backup foods in the event they run out of something.

Personally I'd be happy if they did away with to-go bowls and cafeteria trays.

Great updates! We just changed our trip to Poly CL. I am enjoying all of the pictures.

Can you tell me if they have Rice Krispies and Froot Loops for breakfast? Do they have chocolate milk?

Thanks. I am trying to plan for what else to bring for my 2 picky DSs.

No one has to worry about my kids clearing out anything. :rotfl2: They are too picky.

I haven't seen any chocolate milk , just white milk and juices. The cereals are fruit loops, Special K, raisin bran, and cornflakes. :)

Erika, your pictures are just gorgeous. And I think maybe we'll try to squeeze in a meal at Yak & Yeti just to get that red drink - looks amazing :thumbsup2

We pigged out LOL ;) It was really delicious

Thanks so much! Makes it easier to plan on what to bring!

My boys are picky too. They don't eat much in the mornings, not even at home. Their favorite breakfast at wdw are the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's in MK! :)

I haven't seen any chocolate milk , just white milk and juices. The cereals are fruit loops, Special K, raisin bran, and cornflakes. :)

Not sure if this is still the case, but in 2010 and 2011, you just had to ask for chocolate milk. My younger son would get some every morning for breakfast (actually the CM would usually give him two ;)). They were the small bottles of Nesquik - similar to the kind you get with kids' meals in the onsite restaurants. They also asked for apple juice on occasion and were given Juicy Juice drink boxes. Again, this is not up to date info, but I think it may still apply.

Personally I'd be happy if they did away with to-go bowls and cafeteria trays.

I'd be fine with that. The only things we've ever gotten "to-go" were drinks for the pool and desserts to take to the beach to watch Wishes. And I've never even seen the cafeteria trays, so I wouldn't miss those :)

Not sure if this is still the case, but in 2010 and 2011, you just had to ask for chocolate milk. My younger son would get some every morning for breakfast (actually the CM would usually give him two ;)). They were the small bottles of Nesquik - similar to the kind you get with kids' meals in the onsite restaurants. They also asked for apple juice on occasion and were given Juicy Juice drink boxes. Again, this is not up to date info, but I think it may still apply.

I will check on that :)

The boys are so excited about whispering canyon tonight they are literally running around the room. LOL

(Sorry people in the room below us) LOL :D

Off the wall question from my 12 year old. Do they still have packaged hot chocolate? I know the Nescafe machines can give you "brewed" hot chocolate, but for some reason he prefers the pacakges :confused3 Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing about Whispering Canyon. My family went there many years ago and enjoyed it. Stay cool Erika!!

Kerry

I think they do have chocolate milk we always had to ask..

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter