The NBA Bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, the "Movement" has decided violence is acceptable.

I don’t believe that anymore than I believe most members of either Political Party want to purposely repress segments of our society. I believe both parties have people with radical ideas, do they make up a large percentage of either -no, most want what is fair. Likewise, most people involved in the “movement” aren‘t as radical as you would portray them -they just want what they believe is fair and not interested in violence at all.

I don’t believe that anymore than I believe most members of either Political Party want to purposely repress segments of our society. I believe both parties have people with radical ideas, do they make up a large percentage of either -no, most want what is fair. Likewise, most people involved in the “movement” aren‘t as radical as you would portray them -they just want what they believe is fair and not interested in violence at all.

When the founders and leaders of an organization are organizing and promoting violence and you turn on the TV every night and see it in full display, the organization has become a violent organization period. Is that what most of its supporters signed up for, probably not, but you can't continue to support the group and say I'm only supporting the cause. It doesn't work that way. And for that matter, I haven't seen a lot of public disavowing and/or distancing from the violence, by the NBA and/or Disney.

What is "fair" is a big question. Fair for who? Life isn't fair. There's no such thing as guaranteed equal outcomes in life. Could the root of the problem begin with the family, or lack thereof. Government statistics show that the Vast majority of African-American children grow-up without a father figure at home. That may be where we need to start to truly solve the problem.

What is "fair" is a big question. Fair for who? Lifeisn't fair. There's no such thing as guaranteed equal outcomes in life. Could the root of the problem begin with the family, or lack thereof. Government statistics show that the Vast majority of African-American children grow-up without a father figure at home. That may be where we need to start to truly solve the problem.

I trust your comments come after having read a lot about the subject. They come across as parroting dog whistles and I really hope they are not.

In social sciences it is important to ask “but why” questions. You purport that inequalities may be tied to having fathers outside the main home.

If this is the problem (and I’m not agreeing with you) we need to get to the root cause, “but why are black fathers outside the home.” If you go down the “but why” tree, you will likely be confronted with systemic racism (the true cause of pervasive inequalities) - unequal access to quality education (why are schools funded the way they are?), unequal incarceration rates, unequal punishment from the “justice” system, unequal access to well-paying jobs, unequal access to quality housing, unequal built environments in white vs. black neighborhoods, health disparities not explained by socioeconomic status, insurance access, co-morbidity, or insurance, etc.

Again, I hope you’ve researched this topic and you’re not falling into racist tropes. I’m interested in what you’ve read, so please share so I can further my understanding!

Last edited:

Ok.... I'm going to get as vulgar as allowed here. What right do these privileged multi-miillionarries have to complain about staying at Disney's tope-tier resorts and eating at top-tier restaurants? Sometimes people have to get over themselves. They have free lodging, a salary and food.

Look at what the rest of the country is going through.

SMARTEN UP and have some semblance of modesty. You throw a ball into a net.

Also, there are food service workers, cops, firefighters, teachers, and grocery staffers who have either been furloughed or had hours cut and are suffering. Are they getting deluxe accommodations? This is ridiculous. Stop complaining, enjoy your millions, and close your mouths.

I trust your comments come after having read a lot about the subject. They come across as parroting dog whistles and I really hope they are not.

In social sciences it is important to ask “but why” questions. You purport that inequalities may be tied to having fathers outside the main home.

If this is the problem (and I’m not agreeing with you) we need to get to the root cause, “but why are black fathers outside the home.” If you go down the “but why” tree, you will likely be confronted with systemic racism (the true cause of pervasive inequalities) - unequal access to quality education (why are schools funded the way they are?), unequal incarceration rates, unequal punishment from the “justice” system, unequal access to well-paying jobs, unequal access to quality housing, unequal built environments in white vs. black neighborhoods, health disparities not explained by socioeconomic status, insurance access, co-morbidity, or insurance, etc.

Again, I hope you’ve researched this topic and you’re not falling into racist tropes. I’m interested in what you’ve read, so please share so I can further my understanding!

Where is your background in the social sciences? And beyond that, you don't have to answer. This is a matter of "expectations." Why do these people (white, black, Hispanic or Asian) have any right to complain about this when they are getting the best that is being offered right now?

Ok.... I'm going to get as vulgar as allowed here. What right do these privileged multi-miillionarries have to complain about staying at Disney's tope-tier resorts and eating at top-tier restaurants? Sometimes people have to get over themselves. They have free lodging, a salary and food.

Look at what the rest of the country is going through.

SMARTEN UP and have some semblance of modesty. You throw a ball into a net.

Also, there are food service workers, cops, firefighters, teachers, and grocery staffers who have either been furloughed or had hours cut and are suffering. Are they getting deluxe accommodations? This is ridiculous. Stop complaining, enjoy your millions, and close your mouths.

We’ve covered this already but you might have missed it. There were 2 players(that I could find) out of 500 or players/staff that made negative comments on social media ...given who they were, no one was shocked. There are many more players detailing their experience as positive ...it’s out there on social media if you check.

I am. They don’t have anything to play for right now so it’s just basically practice.

Last night's game? Good grief! As if the Giannis headbutt wasn't bad enough, you have Rolo and co. putting on a circus show. They need to get it together.

At least you aren't a Wizards fan (like me). For the love of god....
I mean, no Bradley Beal, so I didn't expect much.

I'm just going to sit tight in Raptor-land and see what happens. Besides the Suns, I think they might be the only ones *trying* to win games in the bubble, because Kyle Lowry just wouldn't stand for it otherwise.

Fun fact - most people know the Lopez bros are the biggest Disney fans around, but Fred VanVleet's daughter's name is Sanaa :)

We’ve covered this already but you might have missed it. There were 2 players(that I could find) out of 500 or players/staff that made negative comments on social media ...given who they were, no one was shocked. There are many more players detailing their experience as positive ...it’s out there on social media if you check.

OK. I apologize... I haven't been following closely. Sorry for the oversight.

Reactions: GAN

If this is the problem (and I’m not agreeing with you) we need to get to the root cause, “but why are black fathers outside the home.” If you go down the “but why” tree, you will likely be confronted with "systemic racism (the true cause of pervasive inequalities)" - unequal access to quality education (why are schools funded the way they are?), unequal incarceration rates, unequal punishment from the “justice” system, unequal access to well-paying jobs, unequal access to quality housing, unequal built environments in white vs. black neighborhoods, health disparities not explained by socioeconomic status, insurance access, co-morbidity, or insurance, etc.

"systemic racism (the true cause of pervasive inequalities)"
Is there racism. YES.
Is it systemic? No.
Is it "the true cause of pervasive inequalities" Only for those who use it as a crutch, Only for those who use it as a copout. Only for those who use it as a way to blame another race for ones own problems.
Unequal access to quality education? No.
Why are they funded the way they are? Not sure what you're referring to.
Unequal incarceration rates? Got to show me detailed, specific case by case facts.
Unequal punishment from "justice system? - Got to show me detailed, specific case by case facts.
Unequal access to well-paying jobs? - No.
Unequal access to quality housing? - No.
Unequal built environments in white vs black neighborhoods? - Not sure what the heck your talking about here.
Unequal health disparities? - No.
These all seem like good talking points for Carl Marx. It's easy to spout all of your perceived issues, but give us solutions that make sense and won't destroy the greatest country the world has ever known. The same country that has done more to improve the human condition around the world then any other country in world history. The same country that half the world wants to immigrate to. Can't imagine why, since its such an evil place. Go ask the once wealthy Venezuela how they've enjoyed their Marxism.

Last edited:
"systemic racism (the true cause of pervasive inequalities)" Is there racism. YES. Is it systemic? No. Is it "the true cause of pervasive inequalities" Only for those who use it as a crutch, Only for those who use it as a copout. Only for those who use it as a way to blame another race for ones own problems. Unequal access to quality education? No. "Why are they funded the way they are? Not sure what you're referring to. Unequal incarceration rates? Got to show me detailed, specific case by case facts. Unequal punishment from "justice system? - Got to show me detailed, specific cases by case facts. Unequal access to well-paying jobs? - No. Unequal access to quality housing? - No. Unequal built environments in white vs black neighborhoods? - Not sure what the heck your talking about here. Unequal health disparities? - No. These all seem like good talking points for Carl Marx. It's easy to spout all of your perceived issues, but give us solutions that make sense and won't destroy the greatest country the world has ever known. The same country that has done more to improve the human condition around the world then any other country in world history. The same country that half the world want to immigrate to. Can't imagine why, since its such an evil place. Go ask the once wealthy Venezuela how they enjoyed their Marxism.

OK this became very political. Does not belong here. Let's stick to tiki birds.

Rteetz, Thankyou for your patience. I really do want this to end, but kind of like the Godfather III, I think I'm out and they just keep dragging me back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter