*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

I think all us early July-ers got lucky with wait times, the longest we waited for anything was about 30-35 mins once for Space Mountain (all other times were with FP) and about 30 mins for RSR-SR, other times it was only about 15-20 mins, even quicker with FP. I had read about waits for Matterhorn, TOT etc up to 30 mins early in the day but we only waited 5-10 mins for these before 11am.

I hope it's not too bad for everyone going soon :goodvibes

We did get there for rope drop every day we were there. We also stayed until midnight a couple of night and were able to get a lot in then. But the middle of the day was awful.

All the bathroom stalls were full because it was so busy and my littlest boy ended up having an accident because he just couldn't wait any longer.

Someone wasn't paying attention to where they were going and rammed me pretty hard in the calf with a wheelchair. My leg swelled I had trouble walking for the rest of the day and have a huge bruise now. They didn't even say they were sorry, they just looked at me.

We were only able to get a FP for Radiator Springs Racers once all four days we were there (we had a park hopper). It broke down several times while we were there and was down for several hours. When it started working again we were at DL and by the time we got over to DCA the FPs were gone.

I was hoping that the OC Fair would cut down on the crowds. I don't think in mattered at all. Comic Con is this week in San Diego, maybe that will help with the crowds this weekend. Or make them worse? Who knows?

I'm never going back in July, with my kids being in school I don't know when I can go to avoid the crowds. I can't go in the off season.

FINALLY...we will be hitting the road tomorrow!!!!! I am sooo excited I have to work until 3pm today and every 20 mins I am asking if its time to go yet...my co worker keeps telling me to shut up :rotfl2: We have hair appts this afternoon and nails for DD and getting the oil changed in the car and getting it washed up then tomorrow I will be taking the kids to their Nana in the AM and loading up the car and waiting for DBF to get off work so we can get the kids and surprise them that we are leaving tomorrow.

We did get there for rope drop every day we were there. We also stayed until midnight a couple of night and were able to get a lot in then. But the middle of the day was awful.

All the bathroom stalls were full because it was so busy and my littlest boy ended up having an accident because he just couldn't wait any longer.

Someone wasn't paying attention to where they were going and rammed me pretty hard in the calf with a wheelchair. My leg swelled I had trouble walking for the rest of the day and have a huge bruise now. They didn't even say they were sorry, they just looked at me.

We were only able to get a FP for Radiator Springs Racers once all four days we were there (we had a park hopper). It broke down several times while we were there and was down for several hours. When it started working again we were at DL and by the time we got over to DCA the FPs were gone.

I was hoping that the OC Fair would cut down on the crowds. I don't think in mattered at all. Comic Con is this week in San Diego, maybe that will help with the crowds this weekend. Or make them worse? Who knows?

I'm never going back in July, with my kids being in school I don't know when I can go to avoid the crowds. I can't go in the off season.

Oh My, My... I am sorry you were dealing with challenges.. Hope your leg is getting better....

I am in the same boat as you... My boss will not let anyone take their vacations unless it is in June, July or August.. So I take mine the week of my birthday and celebrate ALL WEEK.....

FINALLY...we will be hitting the road tomorrow!!!!! I am sooo excited I have to work until 3pm today and every 20 mins I am asking if its time to go yet...my co worker keeps telling me to shut up :rotfl2: We have hair appts this afternoon and nails for DD and getting the oil changed in the car and getting it washed up then tomorrow I will be taking the kids to their Nana in the AM and loading up the car and waiting for DBF to get off work so we can get the kids and surprise them that we are leaving tomorrow.

My Hat is off to you..... can't believe you kept it from your Children all this time... I would not have been able to do it... :thumbsup2

I am very sorry you didn't have great luck and that it was extra busy during your visit :( We did experience some rides being down but nothing too bad, we just adjusted our plan and moved on. I hope you can find a better time to go next visit :goodvibes

We have all been waiting for this Special Day. We wish for you, The Magic of Disney & Laughter to fill your Hearts. * Have Lots of Fun & We All Wish You Safe Travels July 24 Djmeredith Keels

Thanks!! We have arrived, but with such an early start this morning all of us are tired and cranky. We can't get in the condo until 4 so it's been a long day waiting around. Tomorrow we will be well rested and feel better.

djmeredith said:
Thanks!! We have arrived, but with such an early start this morning all of us are tired and cranky. We can't get in the condo until 4 so it's been a long day waiting around. Tomorrow we will be well rested and feel better.

Glad you and your Family made it safe... sorry you have to wait for your room.

We arrived around 12:30 pm and had to wait to check in at 3:00 pm and I thought that was a long time.

Tell Mickey & The Gang hello from us.

Very funny about the co-worker! Only us--the crazy people--will truly understand ;) Very cool of you guys to surprise the kids--it's something they'll always remember!

Everyone be safe! We'll be joining everyone on SATURDAY!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!! :banana:

We got a bit of luck/kindness bestowed upon us today. We were able to use FPs on RSR from a different day because it had been down so much the day that we originally had them for. I'm flying solo with my DS8 and DS3, so every small kindness helps. The kids are having a wonderful time!

We got a bit of luck/kindness bestowed upon us today. We were able to use FPs on RSR from a different day because it had been down so much the day that we originally had them for. I'm flying solo with my DS8 and DS3, so every small kindness helps. The kids are having a wonderful time!

YAY!!!!!! for pixiedust: That is super special... Glad you and your children are having a wonderful time.... :goodvibes

We have all been waiting for this Special Day

We wish for you, The Magic of Disney & Laughter to fill your Hearts

Have Lots of Fun & We All Wish You Safe Travels

July 26
Greewe
Rickenmartin78
Lumpydj​

FINALLY!!! I get to see my name up there. I'm loving all the reports from everyone that has gone and I've been going out of my mind wanting to be there. Tomorrow morning, we'll be on out way!

FINALLY!!! I get to see my name up there. I'm loving all the reports from everyone that has gone and I've been going out of my mind wanting to be there. Tomorrow morning, we'll be on out way!

YAY ---- Your going to Disney :cool1:

Sorry you had such troubles! We arrived yesterday and are heading out for our first park day today. I was getting my hopes up for lower crowds because of all the recent reports. Then of course this week it seems the crowds have picked up big time. Oh well, I had originally prepared for huge crowds so we will just deal with it. Did you guys do afternoon rest breaks when the crowds got crazy, or did it stay crowded most of the day?

We just got back yesterday. Were in the parks July 21-23. Had an amazing trip!!! To us, walking around felt crowded, but attraction lines weren't bad at all. We never experienced any break downs. We were able to do what we wanted. Had so much fun. Loved the photo pass plus!! Got my DS4 to ride space mtn, splash mtn and big thunder mtn!!! And DS6 ride screamin for the first time and it's now his favorite!! My parents took the boys on Tom Sawyer island and scared them half to death in one of the caves!! The heat really zapped our energy! But it was so nice to never need a jacket. We went through 2.5 cases of water from Sam's club!! Saved a ton of money. Got a fastpass for RSR right after opening Monday morning for a 1:05 ride time I believe. Tried to get another set of fastpasses after two hours but we couldn't until 1:05. Got into dca at 9:30 on Wednesday and pulled RSR fastpass for 6:20 that evening. Longest lines were for GRR and splash. We found lots of shade all week! lol. The last day my boys finally discovered character interactions are fun!! I've been waiting 6 years for that!! Lol. I'll write a more detailed report for my trip report. Overall we had a blast. Wonderful fun. Great CMs. Couple of rude guests. Lots of parties cutting through lines to meet the rest of their groups. Have fun everyone!!

We just got back yesterday. Were in the parks July 21-23. Had an amazing trip!!! To us, walking around felt crowded, but attraction lines weren't bad at all. We never experienced any break downs. We were able to do what we wanted. Had so much fun. Loved the photo pass plus!! Got my DS4 to ride space mtn, splash mtn and big thunder mtn!!! And DS6 ride screamin for the first time and it's now his favorite!! My parents took the boys on Tom Sawyer island and scared them half to death in one of the caves!! The heat really zapped our energy! But it was so nice to never need a jacket. We went through 2.5 cases of water from Sam's club!! Saved a ton of money. Got a fastpass for RSR right after opening Monday morning for a 1:05 ride time I believe. Tried to get another set of fastpasses after two hours but we couldn't until 1:05. Got into dca at 9:30 on Wednesday and pulled RSR fastpass for 6:20 that evening. Longest lines were for GRR and splash. We found lots of shade all week! lol. The last day my boys finally discovered character interactions are fun!! I've been waiting 6 years for that!! Lol. I'll write a more detailed report for my trip report. Overall we had a blast. Wonderful fun. Great CMs. Couple of rude guests. Lots of parties cutting through lines to meet the rest of their groups. Have fun everyone!!

WOW!!! So glad you and your family had a great time at DL... I also notice the CM's were very courteous and helpful to newbie's (My Group).

Looking forward to reading your TP.

Get some rest!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

We are on the road!!!! We will be getting to Vegas tomorrow and Anaheim Sunday :cheer2:

Alright Luulu

It's about time you guy's are finally on your way to :cheer2: Disney...

Have a great road trip..:drive:

Have Fun & Tell Mickey & The Gang Hello From All Of Us...:wave2:

Just on our final leg driving home from the airport. We were in the parks from Saturday the 19th - Wednesday 24th. Sat and Sunday were awesome. Low crowds, hardly any lines, did everything we wanted to in the first two days. Rode RSR everyday with a fast pass and went single rider once at night.
It got busier mon and tues but we felt wed was a little less crowded.
It was a fantastic vacation. We stayed in the VGC villa (5510) and had a partial WOC view. We were able to wave to our kids on Goofy's sky school which was cool. We went to TSMM almost every night just before 10pm with a 5 min wait.
We got so spoiled on the weekend with no waiting in lines, mon-wed we mostly used fast pass or went to regular lines in the am.
All CMs were good. No crazy guest encounters. A couple of crying kids here and there but if that bugs you, you probably shouldn't go to disneyland ; )
Weather was great. Started to get a little too hot the last couple of days but ice cream and misty mates did the trick just fine.
Our 11yo who was deathly afraid of space and screamin and TOT turned out to love all 3 this trip. That was a nice surprise. Being two years older helped. I tried TOT this trip and enjoyed it. I expected to hate it and just did it to say I did it. But we went back and rode it again later that day. I also gave screamin a second chance this trip and rode it 3 times.
Never say never.
I don't think any of us would change much about our trip but one thing we might do different next time is put in a couple of rest days. We were pretty tired the last few days. We had fun in spite of our fatigue but a rest day or two could've made it even better.
Our very first morning going into the park at 7am, I took a header off the curb on Main Street and cut my leg and knee and had a tough time walking on it for the bulk of the trip. But I never complained once and continued to visit the first aid ladies and vents for ice bags and ibuprofen. I've never needed them before. They were great.
It was a lot of fun.
If anyone makes it to the end of this long trip report, my advise would be to be at the gates early, ride the fantasyland rides (if that's your thing) and Matterhorn, get a fp for Indy or space, ride big thunder and splash, then pirates and haunted mansion, then another fp for Indy or space. I liked dca's parade better than dl's. One morning, go to toon town early (9am) and meet all the characters. Such cute photo opps in there.
And definitely eat at the carnation cafe on the patio. Very cool and good food. Oh yeah, and the cove bar was great too.
Such a beautiful trip. Loved it.
Until next time Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter